Not open for further replies.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Los Cerros

Then you head on up the hill into Los Cerros

Sarah25-1.jpg

And check out the kool houses up there, (maybe your future retirement home)

Sarah26-1.jpg

Sarah32.jpg

Then you stop at the lookout for awhile and admire the view of the bay,

Sarah27.jpg

Sarah29.jpg

Sarah30.jpg

And the overview of Los Charamicos,

Sarah31.jpg

Then you head back into Charamicos for an ice cream cone, maybe even buy the kids one too,

Sarah33.jpg

Sarah34.jpg

Then you sit out front, licking on your cone, and watch the world go by.

Sarah35.jpg

There are worse ways to spend your days, you know.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
When you say "4 x 4", do you mean a 4-wheel drive (like a Jeep), or a 4-wheeler (more like a motorcycle)? Either way, where do you rent them? We're visiting late November, and this sounds and looks great!

A 4-wheel drive vehicle with full insurance. Rocky, how would a tourist get to any of these places in this thread? Do you plan on providing printed driving directions with maps?

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
A 4-wheel drive vehicle with full insurance. Rocky, how would a tourist get to any of these places in this thread? Do you plan on providing printed driving directions with maps?
Anyone who needs directions to a given place can PM, email me or post the question here.
The jungle rides are all on bikes, ATVs, 4 X 4 trucks and/or SUVs.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
a 4 wheel drive vehicle with full insurance, any valid insurance??
for that you have to look on an other island.
hey Marco, go on with your great pics and tour descriptions and the visitors will hire you as their guide, an they have no clue how many beers and hamburgers a full day ride will cost them, lol.
Mike

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
When you say "4 x 4", do you mean a 4-wheel drive (like a Jeep), or a 4-wheeler (more like a motorcycle)? Either way, where do you rent them? We're visiting late November, and this sounds and looks great!
You can rent 4 wheel drive trucks or SUVs from most car rental shops and I believe that they rent those quad ATVs in Cabarete.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
We have no problems whatsoever getting valid insurance around here.
hey Marco, go on with your great pics and tour descriptions and the visitors will hire you as their guide,
Marco's too busy with other stuff, to ever be a tour guide.

an they have no clue how many beers and hamburgers a full day ride will cost them, lol.
Luckily, I don't drink, and I can barely stuff 2 burgers down on my best day.
Besides, except for the BBQ adventures, we generally aren't gone so long as to need to eat, and when we do, we find a decent local place for munchies.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Anyone who needs directions to a given place can PM, email me or post the question here.

Just a thought, would it be possible for a tourist to rent a "publico" with driver for the day? I would imagine the cost would be less than some guided tour on a bus. As we all know, driving in the DR is not for everyone especially a first time tourist.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Just a thought, would it be possible for a tourist to rent a "publico" with driver for the day? I would imagine the cost would be less than some guided tour on a bus. As we all know, driving in the DR is not for everyone especially a first time tourist.
The publico drivers might not know their way around as well as taxi drivers, and they sure as heck aren't going most of the places we go to, with the exception of easy accessible beaches.
The idea is good though, as I have in the past, arranged for publicos to take tourists to Puerto Plata, a lot cheaper than a taxi.

DOMINCAN BOY

On Vacation!
Jun 6, 2006
hey Marco, go on with your great pics and tour descriptions and the visitors will hire you as their guide, an they have no clue how many beers and hamburgers a full day ride will cost them, lol.
Mike
Rocky maybe the visitor,s could hire ted lol

ZEUS

Bronze
Feb 14, 2003
Rocky, you're the greatest. I'm dominican and when I see those pictures all I want to do is hop on a plane and get to th DR. I just came back from vacations and can't wait to go back. You're a lucky chump. Enjoy my DR.
Salud, Zeus

Reactions: Rocky

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Rocky, you're the greatest. I'm dominican and when I see those pictures all I want to do is hop on a plane and get to the DR. I just came back from vacations and can't wait to go back. You're a lucky chump. Enjoy my DR.
Salud, Zeus
I feel like Pavlov.;)
Glad you are enjoying the pics.
I guess you're living in America for business reasons. Is that right?

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Could residents get bored too ?

I don't think so !

Get your friends together and have a taco party.
This one takes place at Curt and Sandi's, our resident taco experts.
The rooftop is where it all happens.

taco.jpg

taco1.jpg

In the house, through the kitchen, dress up some tacos,

taco2.jpg

taco3.jpg

Then head on up to the rooftop,

taco4.jpg

Chow down and have a drink while enjoying the view of the western part of Sosua, (and stay away from the edge)

taco5.jpg

taco6.jpg

taco7.jpg

taco8.jpg

And finish it all of with some super duper home made chocolate cake.

taco9.jpg

Good food, good company... It just doesn't get any better than this.

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
Last time I was on that roof Curt tried to push me off!!! ;) Perhaps It was wrong of me to grope Sandy. :ermm:

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Last time I was on that roof Curt tried to push me off!!! ;) Perhaps It was wrong of me to grope Sandy. :ermm:
He was just foolin' with you.
He says to say, "No hard feelings".
In fact, he is offcially inviting you to our next adventure ride into the mountains.

joe600x333.jpg

iiM.HiiS.pUcHi.RD

Oct 19, 2007
www.myspace.com
the shoe

just wondering when those pics were taken bcause I was in monte cristi in june and we couldn't go on the beach of what my family calls the shoe. there was a chain blocking it off I was disappointed since it was my first time visiting my husbands hometown.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
just wondering when those pics were taken bcause I was in monte cristi in june and we couldn't go on the beach of what my family calls the shoe. there was a chain blocking it off I was disappointed since it was my first time visiting my husbands hometown.
In mid February, this year.
It's called, El Morro.

Status
Not open for further replies.