Strong Turbulance in Jetblue JFK - STI

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
I think all or many of us have some travel horror stories. But honestly if a pilot (or ATC) feels it is too risky to land due to storms, etc...I would much rather the plane land safely somewhere else. Turbulence, well that is another story. Sometimes (many) it is unavoidable. But it is truly one of the reasons I dislike flying at this point in my life. I went from someone who thought nothing of jumping on a flight whenever/wherever, to someone who dreads it now.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
I think all or many of us have some travel horror stories. But honestly if a pilot (or ATC) feels it is too risky to land due to storms, etc...I would much rather the plane land safely somewhere else. Turbulence, well that is another story. Sometimes (many) it is unavoidable. But it is truly one of the reasons I dislike flying at this point in my life. I went from someone who thought nothing of jumping on a flight whenever/wherever, to someone who dreads it now.
I hate it as well but for different reasons. Especially here, where you stand in line on end after getting up at zero dark 30 in the morning. Only to be sheperded thu this line and that line. I would dread flying back to the states now.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Also, don’t forget that to fly to and from the USA or Canada to the DR you have to go through the Bermuda Triangle.

(Fingers crossed and eyes shut hard) It’s only a myth, it’s only a myth, it’s only a myth…

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Didn’t you once said you wanted to go to West Palm Beach? Maybe that was a sign…
My wife was happy when they said we will be landing in WPB because that was our destination, my aunt lives there and that's where we stay and park our car in FL.
I knew we will not be able to exit that plane there as we arrived on international flight and that's exactly what the pilot later on said.
We couldn't board the last Trial-Rail train but luckily we was on time to board the new train Bright -Light which is faster but more expensive.

JJ

Reactions: NALs

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I used to be the proverbial travelling salesman. I had a job flying to customer site up and down the east coast.
I thought that was bad because of all the weather related issues. Then I got a job doing the same from California
and almost never had an issue in the western US. Even Southworst Airlines was good back then. inContinental was the worst.

None of the problems I had back then compare to how much flying sucks now.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Note to self , do NOT Fly on any Boeing 787..

Amazing that they wont do anything, like they are waiting for a Tragedy..

When TWA 800 went down on the South Shore of Long Island ( A Boeing 747-100 ? ). the Maintenance Guys at JFK ,knew IMMEDIATELY what it was . way before the Media and investigators figured it out. We were told by a Friend of ours who was the top Maintenance guy at one time for Pan Am back in the day He figured it out 10 minutes after the Crash happened .. That Center Fuel tank being Empty ( except for Fumes) was a Massive ticking Time bomb and they all knew it ..
I forget the details .. but I recall being Stunned that the Maintenance guys all knew it , and the Manufacturer, nor the Airline did anything about it ,