swiss man murdered in san rafael del yuma

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
What is amazing to me is that this person was brought into the world in a country, which after USA would be considered one of the best in the world. He had a world of opportunity given to him just by luck of birth. Having spend a few days in Lugano and Geneva it is completely tragic that it all came to an end for him in a putrid Dominican backwater.

What do you mean AFTER the US, I would put Switzerland before the US in most aspects. ( but one has to love the US National Parks)
I do agree with you however given all the opportunities what a tragic waste of a life, due to drugs and malicious company.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
sorry ...no sympathy for drug users or abusers

Well I have no sympathy for drunks, whorers, 65yearoldbaldoverweightthatdatewomenhalftheiragemen, politicians, ,lawyers, motoconchos, etc...........either..... doesnt mean i cant feel for their families, or even for them when they are murdered..... jeeeeez......

RIP

malko

Jan 12, 2013
Yea yea yea it's an addiction. He needs help !!.....: His habit puts us all at risk by perpetuating the market and fueling his loser friends.

Same as drunks, same as whorers, same as people who ride on motoconchos.......
Double standards ?

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
actually, there are many people living healthy , normal lives in the putrid Dominican backwater. probably what contributed more to is death in the fact that he was a dope fiend. he would have been just as dead in the USA, the country you think is the best in the world.

...exactly....as I see it my home country of USA is the worlds leader in substance abuse.....they have more users and abusers, than any country in the world........sad to say but one of the main reasons the DR has so many drugs is because the DR is one of the main transport centers of drugs to the USA.....the murder we are talking about happens in every major city. sometimes many times a day, mostly every day in the USA..........Doc.......

tht

Master of my own fate.
Oct 10, 2002
Planet Earth
He was a long time resident in the DR long before DR1, used to live somewhere else than San Rafael de Yuma and used to own a respected business. Any of you ladies and chaps ever met him?? Probably not.

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
Without walking a mile in the victims shoes, it would be hard to know exactly what behavior and the extent of it that led to his death. Mention illegal drugs of any kind and some will have all they need to know. Maybe the victim wrote his will last week which was the main reason for his demise.

southern

I love Hillary!
Dec 13, 2016
Same as drunks, same as whorers, same as people who ride on motoconchos.......
Double standards ?

FYI the aforementioned is not illegal. There is a reason companies and employers due drug testing. It's not just to see if you are sober it is also a way to examine your responsibility level. Employer's don't won't drug users in the work place as they have a propensity to attract trouble. This guy was in his 50s which indicates he is not a quick study. You put a few guys like him in your neighborhood / complex and the next thing you know you have 8 to 10 moto guys sitting under a shade tree waiting to serve their next hit and in between attracting ladrones and other losers. In short bringing down the neighborhood. Innocent victim...nah !

southern

I love Hillary!
Dec 13, 2016
He was a long time resident in the DR long before DR1, used to live somewhere else than San Rafael de Yuma and used to own a respected business. Any of you ladies and chaps ever met him?? Probably not.

Thank goodness !

southern

I love Hillary!
Dec 13, 2016
the only way to abuse irish whiskey is to add anything except more whiskey

Sir Irish paddy. Have you ever heard of someone breaking into a casa, holding a family hostage and exclaiming " give me all your money, we know you have it, you're a whiskey drinker."

Last edited by a moderator:

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
Threads like this are valuable in understanding how some others see the world.

markryan

Jul 16, 2014
FYI the aforementioned is not illegal. There is a reason companies and employers due drug testing. It's not just to see if you are sober it is also a way to examine your responsibility level. Employer's don't won't drug users in the work place as they have a propensity to attract trouble. This guy was in his 50s which indicates he is not a quick study. You put a few guys like him in your neighborhood / complex and the next thing you know you have 8 to 10 moto guys sitting under a shade tree waiting to serve their next hit and in between attracting ladrones and other losers. In short bringing down the neighborhood. Innocent victim...nah !

Calm down chances are you have been seen by a doctor or lawyer that likes to have a "good time" every once in a while. Not everyone that does drugs is terrible rotten person like you are trying to portray.

malko

Jan 12, 2013
Calm down chances are you have been seen by a doctor or lawyer that likes to have a "good time" every once in a while. Not everyone that does drugs is terrible rotten person like you are trying to portray.

Exactly, for all we know the guy was smoking a spliff !!!...... which hardly makes him a junkie or a pusher or whatever......

malko

Jan 12, 2013

Replace  "  hit " with " whore "  and you get the same results.........

Where I came from, thank the spirits, no drug tests in companies........i guess they understand the responsiblity level has nothing to do with what the employee does when he finishes work...... 
Sure, employers dont want drug users, but i guess they dont want drunks either.......

And no, I am not defending drug users, but #1 to each their own, #2 his family could be, or in the futur, reading this thread, w/o saying its dominican journalism that brought up the drug stuff......

southern

I love Hillary!
Dec 13, 2016

Thanks mark, I am however pretty calm. You may have a " good time" as you see fit. For me I choose not to associate with, hire or socialize with people who indulge in illicit drugs. Whether it's crack, weed or opioids. I don't want to end up in a Dominican jail being a pin cushion or worse ,this case in point.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005

Looks like the old lady was having a fling and decided to free herself for further recreation with her novia...at least that's what the story says.

I agree with you Tashi, this report makes a lot more sense than opening the safe for drug money.

I wonder what southern thinks, but I think I already know.

southern

I love Hillary!
Dec 13, 2016
I agree with you Tashi, this report makes a lot more sense than opening the safe for drug money.

I wonder what southern thinks, but I think I already know.

Well we all know what you think. He was a missionary spreading the Dalai Lama's good word. PAhlease, like was stated early on " you lie down with dogs".