swiss man murdered in san rafael del yuma

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Well we all know what you think. He was a missionary spreading the Dalai Lama's good word. PAhlease, like was stated early on " you lie down with dogs".

Never said he was a missionary but at least I have enough respect to NOT refer to him as a drug addict when I know absolutely nothing about the man.

Your opinion is solely based on what one of the suspected killers said happened. Killers is my opinion are not always the most honest people on this planet.

Last edited:

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
Sir Irish paddy. Have you ever heard of someone breaking into a casa, holding a family hostage and exclaiming " give me all your money, we know you have it, you're a whiskey drinker."

never heard that one before southern

southern

I love Hillary!
Dec 13, 2016
never heard that one before southern

Yes sir , People usually don't tie you up and kill for drinking an aged scotch. If that was the case I would have been held hostage a long time ago for having single malts in my casa

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
Did you relly expect compashion from people who do a death tole  every holiday season of how meny Dominican people will die. 

demi56

Jun 2, 2007
bayahibewebcam.com
it is a pity he did not reach out to us for help and try to get clean ...we could have had a collection for his rehabilitation
judging by the outpouring of grief it would have done quiet well
would there be as much sympathy if he died playing Russian roulette ?
and who opens their safe surrounded by their bestest buddies ?

He lived in this country with his wife for more than 30 years, they started the first independent dive shop in Bayahibe that they ran for years until sold few years back. For sure he didn't need a collection for a rehabilitation. He knew this country better than all us Gringos that came here not too long ago. I knew both of them personally, but was not a close friend. Many people close to them said he was doing drugs and was drinking for years too. I don't know that, I've never seen it, so cannot confirm any of that. He was a nice person, a smart guy and easy to talk to, we learned from him a lot about DR when we arrived. So that's why I don't get that he "invited" some random people for a party to his house. He must have known them well, but still, he knew better than that to invite them to their home. There must be something more which we might never find out. For sure he didn't deserve to die like this. RIP

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
He lived in this country with his wife for more than 30 years, they started the first independent dive shop in Bayahibe that they ran for years until sold few years back. For sure he didn't need a collection for a rehabilitation. He knew this country better than all us Gringos that came here not too long ago. I knew both of them personally, but was not a close friend. Many people close to them said he was doing drugs and was drinking for years too. I don't know that, I've never seen it, so cannot confirm any of that. He was a nice person, a smart guy and easy to talk to, we learned from him a lot about DR when we arrived. So that's why I don't get that he "invited" some random people for a party to his house. He must have known them well, but still, he knew better than that to invite them to their home. There must be something more which we might never find out. For sure he didn't deserve to die like this. RIP

when you become a drug abuser, knowing better is not a skill you retain.

southern

I love Hillary!
Dec 13, 2016

Alcohol and drugs have killed many good men. That and being married for 30 years.

Andujar67

Apr 17, 2017
Whether you're a drug user or a casual user while on vacations You have the right not to be killed, specially you're not trying to get over or trying to cheat lets not be naive many tourists are not there just for the beach,, unfortunately most likely you'll attract evil and hart less people speaking from experiences in the D R ,, some are not perfect like some of these posting their opinions,,,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

southern

I love Hillary!
Dec 13, 2016
Whether you're a drug user or a casual user while on vacations You have the right not to be killed, specially you're not trying to get over or trying to cheat lets not be naive many tourists are not there just for the beach,, unfortunately most likely you'll attract evil and hart less people speaking from experiences in the D R ,, some are not perfect like some of these posting their opinions,,,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No one ever deserves to be killed, however certain behavior begets violence. No one ever deserves to be robbed but if you walk down an alley at 130 in the morning wearing gold chains , your risk of being assaulted is high.

Selltech

Jun 26, 2015
Wow... My Dominican "Aunt" lives right across from his house. I was actually thinking about buying his land before he did. Not a fan of drugs, but crazy how close it was to family. Shame.....

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
No one ever deserves to be killed, however certain behavior begets violence. No one ever deserves to be robbed but if you walk down an alley at 130 in the morning wearing gold chains , your risk of being assaulted is high.

Or like moving from a first world country to the dominican republic......... just saying......

What? He got dismembered in his house by a bunch of tigures ?...... his own bloody fault for having a nicer house than his neighbours....
What? He got carjacked at the lights in POP and shot in the face ?..... his own dam.n fault for having a new jeepeta......

southern

I love Hillary!
Dec 13, 2016
Or like moving from a first world country to the dominican republic......... just saying......

What? He got dismembered in his house by a bunch of tigures ?...... his own bloody fault for having a nicer house than his neighbours....
What? He got carjacked at the lights in POP and shot in the face ?..... his own dam.n fault for having a new jeepeta......

If you are using illicit drugs you are in effect complicit in the drug trade. This will expose you to more violence than taking the family to the water park.