The Cat is out of the Bag

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Chris said:
Now we're unionising? What a concept! OK, I'm all for it - the Gloworm Poster's Dues Free Union of the North! Armed and Ready for Action! Newby's watch out! Robert, first demand! Pay per click! No Pay, no Click! What is your offer? Mr Bean quotes don't count! We don't govern, we Rule!

AdrianB - time to get tough - don't weaken our bargaining position!

Can I join? I can pay by credit card, e-check, Pay Pal, 1-900 phone, I'll even download a dialer from you. I just want to give you my money :)

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Press Release from the Gloworm Poster's Dues Free Union of the North

Without a shot being fired, the young Union claims its first victory! One demand is all it took for DR1 management to retreat and offer to meet the demand.

This victory will be celebrated into the early morning hours tonight in the bars of Cabarete and Sosua. The Capitol will most likely be quiet as Management drinks away their sorrows in a secluded corner somewhere, dreaming about the good old days, when they had the power.

The management and staff of the newly born union wishes you a prosperous, interesting and fulfilling new year!

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Your press release does justice to this great occasion, Madam Secretary. But I'm going to delay my celebration until the money arrives.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Don't worry Ken, we'll sweat it out of him! Go out and have some fun. I think we all need it after this year. For me, it feels as if freedoms all over are being curtailed. Even on DR1 we're quite restricted these days. Cannot even talk about race, US politics, war, genetic predisposition to social characteristics, religion, african dogs trained to attack by smell, etc., etc. Newby bashing is limited to polite phrases and kind words and we have to be careful what we say about the current DR administration. What's left? toiletpaper, fruit, wine with and without corks, natural disasters, buying houses and condos and gloworms.

If it carries on like this, we're all going to turn into 'nice' people. What a disaster that would be!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Sounds like some of you have started "Celebrating" early!

I like "Change",so I am in favor of whatever is COMING in 2004!I was "alive" when DR1 changed to its current format.Seems like all the projections of "Doom & Gloom" were premature! To those who were not around then,it was just one huge forum,where a "Certain" group of "Bad Boys", as "THEY" were called,tried to control and intimidate everyone!

By "Evolving" DR1 stays "Fresh" and grows!

Here's to "Change"! Hip Hip Horay!!!!!!

Happy New Year to ALL! Cris Colon:mad:

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Exactly!

Anna Coniglio said:
If Ken gets paid then I demand a raise. With all I do around here with my perfect speling and al thase long posts I have to reed befor deleting.
I think, no I demand, that's it, DEMAND, Robert should immediately quadruple all the mediators, er moderators current salaries!

:rolleyes:

Tom (aka XR)

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
XanaduRanch said:
I think, no I demand, that's it, DEMAND,

DEMAND is the right word. Our union has to be tough.

With that in mind, I am having second thoughts about CC being our negotiator. Did you read his post in this thread? It sounds like he has become soft and mushy. Toughen up, CC. We are depending on you to get us a good package from the scrooges in management.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
So happy to see everyone having fun.

See you all next year.

Besos y Abrazos

Anna

PS
Who kidnapped CC???

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
What!?

Anna Coniglio said:
Who kidnapped CC?
I didn't realize there were any double-decker cars in Santo Domingo the kidenappers could fir the big guy into! Hmmm. But now that I think about it Alba's taking an awfully long time picking up those fuegos artificialos for tonight. She's been missing for the last few hours ...

:confused:

Tom (aka XR)

pasha

Sep 4, 2003
Incest is best?

From the sound of a number of folks, in reality newcomers are welcome principally as lurkers. Exceptions , it strikes me, are mostly those fresh faces who ask the same questions or make the same points about sex, alcohol, what to see, cost of a cab, etc, etc. Granted there is much, much benefit in helping someone who's never been out of Hogwallow, Texas, or Snotly-on-the-Green; but, there are others who have been around the block so to speak....just not a block in Sousa.

Otherwise, what could anyone who hasn't actually been to the DR possibly have to contribute to the dialogues? It is, one would gather from a few steady DR1er's [you know who you are -- and I don't mean the real Dominicans or the Pakistani in the crowd] the site is theirs and theirs alone to dominate....until such time as the ultimate litmus test is passed by a "newbie"....i.e., a VISIT to the Dominican Republic.

After all, in the DR earthquakes, hurricanes, rotten politics, corrupt police, bad economies, poor/desperate masses, home invasions [and possible fixes], pot-holed roads, the trots, prostitution, and what-have-you are vastly different from the rest of the developing world...sort of "special" in a way that only the annealing visit process can impart to strangers.

Have I got this about ass-backwards? Or is there any merit in my observations?

Best, P

NB - Like virtually everyone I really do enjoy this terrific site. Let's see if this post makes it.