The fleecing has already begun

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
It is a shame - but "non-registered NGOs" is basically every Tom Dick and Harriet that fancies having a go. Some good, some bad.
I can understand that when somebody turns up out of the blue asking for supplies for free that it would be a legitimate concern about what was happening to these supplies - whether they were being used for their intended purpose or not.
Get registered and you get free supplies? Seems sensible to me.

After all we see what happens when people just pile in there and start helping themselves - they end up in jail for offenses such as child trafficking.

Missed the boat again. You honestly ought to be more principled in your discussion of issues.

I'm talking about NGO's that are registered doctors and nurses in the States.
We are offering free medical serices and medicine to Haitians at no cost.

Vacara

I love AZB!
May 5, 2009
Pobre Haitianos, the country should be divided into zones administrated by different countries with el Gobierno Dominicano participating in the coordination efforts. Pobrecitos que mal los tratan, they are treated better in DR. No wonder Sonia Pierre doesn't want to be Haitian.

lol.......

Vacara

I love AZB!
May 5, 2009
the country should be divided into zones administrated by different countries

Makes me wonder, who would like to live in the particular zone administered by the corrupt Dominican government?

Once Leonel builds a Metro he'll have to build a fence around that zone to keep the rest of Haitians out.

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
Missed the boat again. You honestly ought to be more principled in your discussion of issues.

I'm talking about NGO's that are registered doctors and nurses in the States.
We are offering free medical serices and medicine to Haitians at no cost.

Principled - well if your cultists were half as principled, the WHO might not feel the need to distinguish between registered and unregistered NGOs.
D'ya think????
A big problem in Haiti is charlatans - they have to sort the wheat from the chaff and at the moment there are a lot of catholic cultist chaff!

You have been there 5 minutes and you are the expert on the situation. Don't make me laugh.
You always go after me as I do not like the damage your cult does to ordinary people when they are under pressure. They try to take advantage - Silsby being a good example.

How do you call me unprincipled - please explain in detail.

I know you will not answer this directly as it is a meaningless accusation that you heard someone else use on Fox news. You do not actually know what it means.

Please explain.

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
.. at the moment there are a lot of catholic cultist chaff!

You always go after me as I do not like the damage your cult does to ordinary people when they are under pressure.

Surely you're not living in a catholic country and calling the catholic religion a cult?

thats pretty offensive if its the case.

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
Surely you're not living in a catholic country and calling the catholic religion a cult?

thats pretty offensive if its the case.

I thought I was living in a democratic republic with legal separation of church and state (Concordats aside).
Seriously, please correct me if that is not so.

What is the difference between a cult and a religion?

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
Maybe cult was a bit strong - superstition maybe??

Anyway, sorry mods!!

But the question about this being a democratic republic with seperation of church and state - that is Dominican Republic related, right??

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
You have been there 5 minutes and you are the expert on the situation.
Ah be fair man, He is there to find himself a job in engineering & can't be in five places at once.

How do you call me unprincipled - please explain in detail.

I know you will not answer this directly as it is a meaningless accusation that you heard someone else use on Fox news. You do not actually know what it means.

PLEASE be patient & wait your turn pedrochemical. I am still waiting for the details of the people who 'TOLD' Chip about the US $250 an hour for mid-level staff AND details of the NGO's that are now being charged by WHO.

Oh, that has now been changed I see to NON registered NGO's!! Quite a difference in the interpretation & I note that it is STILL just hearsay! I thought 'hearsay'/unverified rumour mongering was taboo on these forums these days. :cheeky: ;) ~ Grahame.

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
chip is a good guy who posts a lot of value on the forums. you guys need to back off.

Still no answer to any of my questions?

O.K.

Chip may well be a nice guy but he talks half truths, sometimes complete nonsense and at the moment he is talking about things he knows little about.
If people took their info from recent quotes about Haiti by Chip, they would beleive stuff that simply wasn't true. Somebody should correct him.

Anyway, disregarding your schoolyard rhetoric, what about answering some of my questions??

Vacara

I love AZB!
May 5, 2009

O.K.

Chip may well be a nice guy but he talks half truths, sometimes complete nonsense and at the moment he is talking about things he knows little about.
If people took their info from recent quotes about Haiti by Chip, they would beleive stuff that simply wasn't true. Somebody should correct him.

Anyway, disregarding your schoolyard rhetoric, what about answering some of my questions??

Pedro is like a "Makey", when he bites, he won't let go.

makey.jpg

woofsback

Bronze
Dec 20, 2009
reminds me of someone...lol

O.K.

i still haven't gotten my answers yet and yours weren't even half truths...but of course you can fling accusations and make statements about everyone else?

and if anyone asks you to back up your statements you think they pick a fight....try and see the humour in this cause i sure do :)

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
i still haven't gotten my answers yet and yours weren't even half truths...but of course you can fling accusations and make statements about everyone else?

and if anyone asks you to back up your statements you think they pick a fight....try and see the humour in this cause i sure do :)

What were the questions again?
And which were the half truths and the 'not even half truths'?
I shall do my best to answer them by return post.
I will be happy to oblige.