The fleecing has already begun

woofsback

Bronze
Dec 20, 2009
look in the mirror

What were the questions again?
I shall do my best to answer them by return post.
And which were the half truths and the 'not even half truths'?

you made accusations about someone in another post but still have yet to show proof...but now all of a sudden you want someone else to give you answers to your questions?

a little high and mighty...or is it more like a little flighty?

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
Don't dance around it, son.
Ask me some questions about what I have responded to Chip.

I am flattered that you spend so much time on me.
Thanks

las2137

Sep 1, 2008
The director of the disaster relief coordination for the Quisqueya Christiqan school told me the WHO is charging non registered NGO's for medicine that was donated to them. I believe I had it backwards.

Nonetheless, it is a shame because there are many, many groups that came here right after the tragedy who are now having to pay for the medicine they donate to the Haitians in addition to covering all the other costs in order to be able to do such a valuable job.

My only experience working with WHO was on a different continent and in a non-disaster context, so I can't comment on their practices in Haiti post-earthquake.

In my experience (which admittedly is in a whole other context), WHO works primarily with government institutions and does not focus much on the actual distribution of medicine. They seek to improve the supply chain to national systems, protocol, national public health programs, etc. In other words, on a more "macro" level of health care. (Their role is described here: The role of WHO in Public Health.)

I can't imagine them getting involved to the "micro" level of a Christian school- they tend to "farm" those type of relationships to larger NGOs or government who then subgrant it out. But... from what I have heard from friends, many organizations are doing things they do not normally do. In fact, on this page: Donating to the Survivors of the Haiti Earthquake WHO discourages in-kind donations of medicines, since it can mess with established protocol, create dependency, etc. Then it links to this page (Haiti Earthquake Updates on Donations) where they acknowledge the in-kind donations they have received. (We trust that all donations met protocol standards for Haiti...)

Now, in my experience with big-time donors of any nationality or multi-nationality, they often require their partners to have some sort of NGO registration either in the country of origin of the donor or the country where the NGO operates. (Each donor is different.) This, of course, is to help determine which potential recipients are transparent enough to have opened their books/programming to whatever authorizing body gives them status.

Therefore, your allegation surprises me, since most donors wouldn't want to work with "non-registered" NGOs at all, regardless of any sort of fleecing that could be had.

Hopefully it is all a misunderstanding...

woofsback

Bronze
Dec 20, 2009
it goes both ways :)

i asked you for proof on another thread and you still haven't given it...yet you demand that chip give you proof?
who do you think you are?

you seem to think you are an expert at everything...what we like to call know it alls...tryin to impress everyone...but no fears...you've been caught several times talking like you know when you don't even have a clue :)your reputation is slowly coming around :)

i think before you demand proof from someone...you should give the proof you were asked for 2days earlier or at least have the decency to admit you flapped your mouth off about something you knew nothing about :)

woofsback

Bronze
Dec 20, 2009
balance it out

there are alot of stories going on inside haiti right now...most of what we seem to be getting is hearsay mixed in with some facts....

the problem is knowing which is which
unless we are there ourselves or have a good friend or family member we can trust...we have to take most statements with a grain of salt.....how many times have television and newspapers been wrong?

sometimes one person sees it one way and sometimes another sees it another way...but jumping to conclusions on the first words just creates more havoc

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008

I am flattered that you spend so much time on me.
Thanks

Still waiting.
What do you want to know.

The personal insults are fine - you do not have anything else apparently.

Again, let me know when you want to ask a question - I will be happy to answer.

Boy, you just seem to get madder and madder.
Perhaps you should see someone about this?

He he!!

woofsback

Bronze
Dec 20, 2009
pedro=chemical

ok you have convinced me...
the last part of your handle must be your life-blood

you forget very easily...
now i could say it's because your a drug user...
but i don't know so i won't say

so b4 you make statements and criticize people look at your self
and at least TRY to know what your talking about?

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
I thought I was living in a democratic republic with legal separation of church and state (Concordats aside).
Seriously, please correct me if that is not so.

What is the difference between a cult and a religion?

NO.. THERE is NO Separation of Church and STATE here in the DR:.:the DR is OFFICIALLY still a Roman Catholic Country.... Concoradt NOT aside.. ALL The State universities and schools have Christianity woven into their curriculum...

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
ok you have convinced me...
the last part of your handle must be your life-blood

you forget very easily...
now i could say it's because your a drug user...
but i don't know so i won't say

so b4 you make statements and criticize people look at your self
and at least TRY to know what your talking about?

Now Woof.. I do not know who you are or what your experiences are.

But I do know that PedroChemical is a Haiti expert. I have known him for a couple of years through this Board and the English speaking Haiti board..

He LIVED AND RAN A BUSINESS in Haiti!!!!!!

His WIFE is HAITIAN!!

So BACK OFF!!

Of all the people posting on this board... MYSELF included..Pedrochemical has the MOST indepth .. first hand knowledge of what Life is Like in HAITI

I request some respect for a man who has actually done what very very few foreigners have been able to do...

AND

I assume .. perhaps wrongfully... that most of us here on this Board are over 21.... so I would ask that we start behaving like adults..

Now, of course, as a feminist, I do understand that you men simply do not have the mental or emotional capacities for self control that we women do..

but

please

make an effort to discuss these issues in a civilized mannar

I ... for one.-.-.. have no time to read these adolescent fisty cuff exchanges

there is a great deal of serious grown up work to be done

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
Thanks Mountainannie.
Woof is relatively new here and obviously has a lot to learn.
The personal insults and accusations of drug taking are fine - just his way of expressing his frustration with his own life I would think.

I am sure that if he overstepped the mark he would be moderated.

If he came at me with anything of substance I might be offended but for the moment his adolescent drivel just serves to demonstrate people that perhaps he is not qualified to talk about anything other than his insular life.

And after all Pedrochemical does not really exist thus cannot be offended.
It is however a shame to gum up this board with pettiness.

Thanks for the support, though.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
Well I can say that I for one could use some good North Carolina home grown right about now!!!!!!!!!!!

i do use the chemical substitutes that the pharcologcial medical industrial complex puts out

but they are a far far cry from mother natures best

and the seed stock on this island is mighty bad

would that we had a packet ship coming in from Jamaica

as we used to have in the old days back in Grenada...

before the stupid war

woofsback

Bronze
Dec 20, 2009

His WIFE is HAITIAN!!

So BACK OFF!!

Of all the people posting on this board... MYSELF included..Pedrochemical has the MOST indepth .. first hand knowledge of what Life is Like in HAITI

wow...i have 5 haitians working with me in canada...we talk all day about thier lives there...the government, the gangs, the poverty, ect....this don't make me an expert but does make me care about thier lives..

like i said b4...some of his posts are good...but when he starts to make statements about what he knows and then when asked to prove it he dribbles about everything else but what he was asked to prove...then he will be called on it...just like he demanded Chip prove his point....
it's not a 1 way street here...this board isn't for one persons OPINION to rule all :)

as far as his knowledge of haiti...never said he he didn't know anything...go to the "busted in sosua" thread and you may finally understand the controversy here :)
if he's your friend then i commend you for trying to stand for his reputation...which is what i'm doing for a friend...

try to help him understand that it's wrong to make statements or labels about people without proof...and that if he demands proof from others...he should be willing to offer the same in regards...:)
equality can be a wonderful thing :)

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003

His WIFE is HAITIAN!!

So BACK OFF!!

wow...i have 5 haitians working with me in canada...we talk all day about thier lives there...the government, the gangs, the poverty, ect....this don't make me an expert but does make me care about thier lives..

like i said b4...some of his posts are good...but when he starts to make statements about what he knows and then when asked to prove it he dribbles about everything else but what he was asked to prove...then he will be called on it...just like he demanded Chip prove his point....
it's not a 1 way street here...this board isn't for one persons OPINION to rule all :)

as far as his knowledge of haiti...never said he he didn't know anything...go to the "busted in sosua" thread and you may finally understand the controversy here :)
if he's your friend then i commend you for trying to stand for his reputation...which is what i'm doing for a friend...

try to help him understand that it's wrong to make statements or labels about people without proof...and that if he demands proof from others...he should be willing to offer the same in regards...:)
equality can be a wonderful thing :)

look, woof.. I have NEVER met the man

Would not know him if we crossed in the Street!

ok.. so you live in Canada and have five Haitians working for you

We live in the DR and have a million or so Haitians living WITH US

so mind your mannars

so that i will not have to put a voodu curse on you

the last guy i did that to just died

woofsback

Bronze
Dec 20, 2009
lol please :)

look, woof.. I have NEVER met the man

Would not know him if we crossed in the Street!

ok.. so you live in Canada and have five Haitians working for you

We live in the DR and have a million or so Haitians living WITH US

so mind your mannars

so that i will not have to put a voodu curse on you

the last guy i did that to just died

not tryin to be funny....ok i am...:)
i keep tellin my boss i hope i kick off soon...tired of gettin up and goin to work everyday ....so the voodoo curse would actually be a blessing:)

i understand your feelings towards haiti... and commend your efforts
i also understand you get alot of feedback from pedro..and that is commendable as well...:)
the issue is not about haiti...the issue is that he made statements about another person on another thread that he has no right to make and when asked for his proof he widdle waddled....then the next night in similar circumstances with another poster he demanded they provide proof of what they were saying...
it's a 2way street in a democratic world
i'm hoping this board isn't controlled by those who can say what they want whenever they feel like it with no repurcusions and no one is allowed to question
and keep the good work up in haiti...lord knows they need the assitance

Last edited:

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
Please get back to topic or the thread is toast.

thanks Chiri

voodu curses are really exhausting and I have not the energy for it

but I would like to suggest to the boys that if they wish to do fistycuffs, they can do it on the Sosua threads

I only became involved because it was in the Haiti Earthquake section which is my main work....

do not want to inhibit the boys from being boys

Vacara

I love AZB!
May 5, 2009
we have been warned

please do not let this thread get closed

it is important for my work

Yep, sorry to the mods, I posted before seeing the warning.

Annie, on the "What can we do to stop this tragedy" thread I posted an article about the Haitian goverment trying to tax the goods being brought to help the quake victims, because apparently some "bandidos" have been sneaking stuff for their personal use/benefits. I'd love to read your & Pedro's input on this.

Cheers.

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
Did the government ever actually declare duty free imports for quake aid? I hope they did.

Signing over your goods to the government sounds a bit alarming, I must say!!

One thing to bear in mind is that tents are now big business in Haiti, according to Richard Morse (Haiti guru). They are apparently being sold for a great profit. How would one prove that their tents are to be given away and not sold? Tricky!

The only efficient way of importing containers in the good old days was to use a professional freight handler who knows the ropes.
You can avoid some of the heartache if you have your container assessed in the US before it is sent but if you so much as miscount one nut or bolt and the port authorities (Duane) are in a bad mood they can delay you container until it really hurts. They literally hold it to ransom.

It should, however, be easy enough to tell if there are 100 plasma TVs hiding behind the antibiotics in a container??
I guess people trying to take advantage of the situation is human nature.
And people being shocked and upset with it is human nature too.

If anyone needs an honest, efficient freight handler for their stuff, please PM me and I will give you his contact details. He speaks English fluently.