The People Want Danilo to Continue

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Plenty of other narcos to turn to, not to mention the government money stashed away.

Danilo with his cuddly teddy bear image has always been part of Leonel's long-term plan. An inoffensive placeholder until he can run for election again.

I agree. I suspect Leonel didn't count on Danilo's popularity though.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
SANTO DOMINGO
For a 2nd time Cardinal Nicol?s de Jes?s L?pez Rodr?guez said, he opposes a change of the constitution (so that Danilo Medina can run for president again).

Please read the readers' comments.... :classic:

Cardenal rechaza reelecci?n de Danilo y favorece que apelen el ?no ha lugar? | AlMomento.net

donP

Yes, the readers' comments are very interesting. I doubt that the Cardinal expected the public would react so strongly against
him.

There wouldn't always have been this strong of push back. The Cardinal is going to have to adjust, it seems.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Wheeling and Dealing with the Mighty

I doubt that the Cardinal expected the public would react so strongly against
him. (...) There wouldn't always have been this strong of push back. The Cardinal is going to have to adjust, it seems.

The Catholic Church has a longstanding history of teaming up with dictators, mobsters and political crooks.
Rome relegates obstreperous priests and I believe, also tells Cardinal Nicol?s de Jes?s L?pez Rodr?guez how to run their Dominican 'colony'.

donP

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
that's right, and such Colony biz seems todays to be one of the few biz's left for "Rome",
other than of course protect thousands of their "members" who without their membership would be seen out there in the real world simply as Criminals".
but yes, it's fact, the Cardinal here still has a very significant voice when it comes to politics,
something that Time will hopefully change for the better soon.

Mike