The rules are simple!

Status
Not open for further replies.

m65swede

Mar 18, 2002
Moderated forums can be successful if

everyone works together. The board I frequent most often is roughly 10 times the size of DR1; each forum is moderated. The board has 19,839 members, 93,250 threads, and 903,202 posts spread over 47 forums.

Moderators are mostly former/current posters while several are paying advertisers. There is surprisingly little discord on that board.

In Hillbilly and Pib, we have two highly qualified people who are certainly capable of moderating this forum with the objectivity it demands.

I'm sure the posters on this forum will do just fine once they become accustomed to the rules. :)

From a very cool Illinois

Swede

Mickey

Mar 3, 2002
I think this new forum is a great idea. Meet the Press isn't as popular as WWF? Then why not cancel it. Why not cancel 90% of the programming on TV in that case. Well, because its still popular and makes a fair bit of money....It gives the people who don't like WWF (WWE now actually) something they can enjoy. What this new forum does is give posters a choice between 2 different styles of debate. i don't think choice is ever a bad thing. this forum may eventually wither and die. if thats the case, well so be it. it should be given a fair chance. i know as a relative newcomer this remark may seem bold (and draw a fair number of flames), but i will say it anyways: if you don't like it, don't use it. seems fairly simple to me.
my dos centavos,
Mickey

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
You should be safe from flames in this section, Mickey. That's a ground rule of the Debate section and its major strength. The purpose of this section is to give posters a chance to express themselves without fear of personal attack, etc.

Heretofore, many posters were afraid to express themselves because they knew a few were lying in wait for the opportunity to pounce.

As you have indicated, posters now have a choice. Those whose idea of debate is to flame have a place (General Stuff), those who don't want to deal with personal abuse have their place (Debate), and those who enjoy give and take of either type have both opportunities.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"By Jov I think I've got it"!

This DR DEBATES section is for"Lady-Like", "Nerdy", "Pseudo-Intellectuals" who want to see their ludicrous thoughts in print,and the General section is for those Pompous, Loud mouth ,"Bad Boys" (REAL MEN),who want to see their ludicrous thought in print!I guess I know where I am going.CRISCO,the "LARD" Mouth!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
At last Criss!

This is what I call progress. My delete button will be waiting for you in the "General Stuff" forum :devious:

PM or email about having a beer...

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
As a new poster to this site i can only say,use the forums that suit you,dont use the ones that dont and if you want to bitch about it there are plenty of bitch bars on this island

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
Trina things are great,been reading this board for awhile and decided it was time to join as theres lots of interesting discussions hopefully i can contribute

Status
Not open for further replies.