The Secret of Santo Domingo

M

Mr.Mark

Yari said:
...I am from Providence RI...

Providence, RI? Interesting... most of my relatives from my mother's side live in Providence. My second last name is M?ndez... do you know any of my womanizer cousins? One of my best uncles owns Poder 1110, he's a nice guy. :nervous:

Una cosa m?s: hazme coro, muchacha! Respond? algo a un mensaje tuyo en otra hilera de mensajes y me he quedado esperando tu respuesta.

Yari

Aug 18, 2005
wow so you have ties with like the uppity dominicans out here...y creo que respondi a tu otro mensaje tambien, dame tiempo :)

Mr.Mark said:
Providence, RI? Interesting... most of my relatives from my mother's side live in Providence. My second last name is M?ndez... do you know any of my womanizer cousins? One of my best uncles owns Poder 1110, he's a nice guy. :nervous:

Una cosa m?s: hazme coro, muchacha! Respond? algo a un mensaje tuyo en otra hilera de mensajes y me he quedado esperando tu respuesta.

M

Mr.Mark

Yari said:
wow so you have ties with like the uppity dominicans out here...y creo que respondi a tu otro mensaje tambien, dame tiempo :)

Uppity? Never been to Providence, don't know all my relatives that live there, don't know how they behave there... but I don't think uppity is a term that defines them. I do agree there might be some uppity relatives of mine, but once again generalization is proving to be one of the worst errors of argumentation.

Yari

Aug 18, 2005
your right, didnt mean to generalize i truly do not know them was just making light (a funny if u will, u know, haha j/k)

Mr.Mark said:
Uppity? Never been to Providence, don't know all my relatives that live there, don't know how they behave there... but I don't think uppity is a term that defines them. I do agree there might be some uppity relatives of mine, but once again generalization is proving to be one of the worst errors of argumentation.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
For all of you who actually got the point of my post, thank you all for your kind remarks!

For CC, that was expected.

I'll suggest people to not mix any emotions to what CC says here, because that is how he is.

I think I am finally understanding his stance. It appears that CC truly cares and dare I say it, loves this country probably more than any other piece of land anywhere on earth.

Maybe that is why he constantly points to what's broken and needs to be fixed. He's probably hoping that somebody that can do something would get his message sometime, somewhere, because he truly cares about the land of Juan Pablo Duarte.

However, CC, everything has its time and place. Behind every ugliness, there is beauty underneath. A dirty car is only dirty because of the dirt covering the beautiful paint. An "ugly" person is only an exterior covering the beauty inside. A dirty building only needs water to reveal the beauty that was there all along.

Thus, CC is probably the biggest advocate for this country, he certainly is the most frustrated of all DR1ers, if not inhabitants of this nation, but the reality is that there is plenty of this city to love, to be thankful for, and certain to cherish.

To only look at one side of the coin, does not mean that the other side does not exist.

DR1ers, don't take it too hard on CC. Afterall, he is still living not only in this country, but right in Santo Domingo. A person who truly "hates" a place never thinks twice before leaving forever.

Since that has not been the case with him, I'm sure he meant well with his post, but this was certainly not the thread or time for such comment.

Besides, this internet board is chuck full of what's not working and complaints of Dominican life, bringing out the positives of this nation will simply balance the view and give readers the complete picture of la Republica Dominicana.

Soy orgulloso de mi patria, porque solo ella me da felicidad....

Soy orgulloso de mi patria, porque solo ella me entiende de verdad...

Soy orgulloso de mi patria, porque ella me vio nacer...

Soy orgulloso de mi patria, porque para ella yo siempre vivire...

Soy orgulloso de mi patria, porque soy dichoso de tal cosa...

Soy orgulloso de mi patria, porque sin ella yo no fuera lo que yo soy y como estoy feliz de ser la persona que soy, eso se lo devo a mi gente, a mi cultura, y sobre todo a mi pais!

-Nal

Yari

Aug 18, 2005
you express yourself so beautifully :)

yari

"Soy orgulloso de mi patria, porque solo ella me da felicidad....

Soy orgulloso de mi patria, porque sin ella yo no fuera lo que yo soy y como estoy feliz de ser la persona que soy, eso se lo devo a mi gente, a mi cultura, y sobre todo a mi pais!"

-Nal[/QUOTE]

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Good job Nals

Nal0whs said:
For all of you who actually got the point of my post, thank you all for your kind remarks!

I'll suggest people to not mix any emotions to what CC says here, because that is how he is.

I think I am finally understanding his stance. It appears that CC truly cares and dare I say it, loves this country probably more than any other piece of land anywhere on earth.

However, CC, everything has its time and place. Behind every ugliness, there is beauty underneath. A dirty car is only dirty because of the dirt covering the beautiful paint. An "ugly" person is only an exterior covering the beauty inside. A dirty building only needs water to reveal the beauty that was there all along.

-Nal
Very analytical and articulate; being able to see good in people. Great post on SD ... can't wait to be there in Dec.

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
Chirimoya said:
Good one Nals: nicely written and from the heart. It should go somewhere with a longer life than a forum thread.

A Blog perhaps? come Nals, blog it

Last edited:
M

Mr.Mark

Nal0whs said:

Maybe that is why he constantly points to what's broken and needs to be fixed. He's probably hoping that somebody that can do something would get his message sometime, somewhere, because he truly cares about the land of Juan Pablo Duarte.

Thus, CC is probably the biggest advocate for this country, he certainly is the most frustrated of all DR1ers, if not inhabitants of this nation, but the reality is that there is plenty of this city to love, to be thankful for, and certain to cherish.

To only look at one side of the coin, does not mean that the other side does not exist.

DR1ers, don't take it too hard on CC. Afterall, he is still living not only in this country, but right in Santo Domingo. A person who truly "hates" a place never thinks twice before leaving forever.

Since that has not been the case with him, I'm sure he meant well with his post, but this was certainly not the thread or time for such comment.

Besides, this internet board is chuck full of what's not working and complaints of Dominican life, bringing out the positives of this nation will simply balance the view and give readers the complete picture of la Republica Dominicana.

Soy orgulloso de mi patria, porque solo ella me da felicidad....

Soy orgulloso de mi patria, porque sin ella yo no fuera lo que yo soy y como estoy feliz de ser la persona que soy, eso se lo devo a mi gente, a mi cultura, y sobre todo a mi pais!

-Nal

Hey, buddy... looks like you're a la moda. Tell us more about yourself. I happen to don't know about you, and you seem to be a nice guy. God bless.

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
I was just thinking about this thread that Nals wrote a while back and thought that newbies would enjoy reading it.

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
jruane44 said:
I was just thinking about this thread that Nals wrote a while back and thought that newbies would enjoy reading it.

I guess I'll try reading it to see what allthe fuss is about, when I get some extra free time, is sooooooooooo long.

leromero

Bronze
May 30, 2004
web.mac.com
M.A.R. said:
I guess I'll try reading it to see what allthe fuss is about, when I get some extra free time, is sooooooooooo long.

You'll get used to NALS posts. They usually rival a graduate level thesis in the amount of words he uses. :cheeky:

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
I don't know how I missed this post initially, but I am certainly glad it's been revived! It's absolutely wonderful, and really reflects how I feel about Santo Domingo! Thanks to Nals and thanks for reviving it for those of us who missed it, and for all those folks who are new to DR1 and to the Dominican Republic!

macocael

Bronze
Aug 3, 2004
www.darkhorseimages.com
jruane44 said:

Nice of you to bring it back to life. I reallly enjoyed reading that one, and I think there was a lot of truth in it. Caught my feelings exactly.

daddy1

Feb 27, 2004
I want to site with Nals but.... Santo Domingo!!!!!!!

I found absolutely nothing cheerful in that Jungle called Santo Domingo, now if you had mention other cities which clearly are alot more soothing to the eyes, smells and the over-all senses then just maybe you would had my attention....but Santo Domingo Nals!:ermm: now I can sit here and say I am proud to be an American and I truly am, Dominican American as apple pie to be exacted
:cheeky: but not using the Bronx, Detriot, Liberty city, Harlem, Jersey City etc, as examples of my affection for being Americano....please I love my homeland the U.S.of A. but these cities are slumbs, Santo Domingo is the center of many things that are wrong in Dominican society today! S.D. was not a good example to raise Dominican pride my brother!...S.D. is as disfunctional as a major city can get....Hey look viva la Patria I'm all for it but not with S.D. as the catalyst for Dominican pride....please! lets show that the island is more civilized by using better examples!

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
daddy1 said:
I found absolutely nothing cheerful in that Jungle called Santo Domingo, now if you had mention other cities which clearly are alot more soothing to the eyes, smells and the over-all senses then just maybe you would had my attention....but Santo Domingo Nals!:ermm: now I can sit here and say I am proud to be an American and I truly am, Dominican American as apple pie to be exacted
:cheeky: but not using the Bronx, Detriot, Liberty city, Harlem, Jersey City etc, as examples of my affection for being Americano....please I love my homeland the U.S.of A. but these cities are slumbs, Santo Domingo is the center of many things that are wrong in Dominican society today! S.D. was not a good example to raise Dominican pride my brother!...S.D. is as disfunctional as a major city can get....Hey look viva la Patria I'm all for it but not with S.D. as the catalyst for Dominican pride....please! lets show that the island is more civilized by using better examples!
Let me guess, you're a Santiaguero?:cheeky:

SD embodies everything the DR is, much in the same way NYC embodies everything the United States is.

From it's biggest accomplishments to its biggest failures, from its pride to its embarrasment, from its civility and uncivility, it's all there open for all to see.

No gimmicks, no hiding, no sugar coating, but there open for all eyes to see what is really gold and what only shines like gold.

Every major city has two stories to tell, one of progress and good living and another of hopelessness and despair.

To focus on only one story is an injustice to the city and the country, whether the focus is positive or negative. For this reason, my post brought light to both sides of the coin.

-NALs

daddy1

Feb 27, 2004
NALs said:
Let me guess, you're a Santiaguero?:cheeky:

SD embodies everything the DR is, much in the same way NYC embodies everything the United States is.

From it's biggest accomplishments to its biggest failures, from its pride to its embarrasment, from its civility and uncivility, it's all there open for all to see.

No gimmicks, no hiding, no sugar coating, but there open for all eyes to see what is really gold and what only shines like gold.

Every major city has two stories to tell, one of progress and good living and another of hopelessness and despair.

To focus on only one story is an injustice to the city and the country, whether the focus is positive or negative. For this reason, my post brought light to both sides of the coin.

-NALs
what ever!:ermm: