The World’s Best Places to Retire in 2018

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Don't know where he is, but I can tell you where you will get reliable Fibre Optic internet along with NO blackouts ever. Punta Cana, they have a private electric company that is the same as in the US, and most places are wired for Fibre Optic. But check on that before you move in.

Also very little crime, as everyone that needs a job can get one at the 150 or so hotels here.

You will pay more for electric, but have no grief.

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
The lack of constant supply of electricity is a huge let down, I personally hate it so much.

Jason,
I live in Luperon zone and we have energy 24/7... with maintenance shutdown averaging 8 hours every few weeks...and that is normally during sleep time. HS Internet is good with a very few interruptions. But then again I do not sit at the computer all day.
The village Gov. has installed wifi at the local park in middle of town.Once again not sure how good that service is. My whats app always works there whenever I take a break from doing nothing...need that sometime.
At home I have both Edenorte and Solar so the energy solution of mine works. I installed the Solar previously when the energy was very intermittent. FYI
Russell

JasonD

Bronze
Feb 10, 2018
Jason,
I live in Luperon zone and we have energy 24/7... with maintenance shutdown averaging 8 hours every few weeks...and that is normally during sleep time. HS Internet is good with a very few interruptions. But then again I do not sit at the computer all day.
The village Gov. has installed wifi at the local park in middle of town.Once again not sure how good that service is. My whats app always works there whenever I take a break from doing nothing...need that sometime.
At home I have both Edenorte and Solar so the energy solution of mine works. I installed the Solar previously when the energy was very intermittent. FYI
Russell

Lucky you and enjoy Rusell.

I am out and about in SDQ, the east and southwest portion of the island most of the time, if I get lucky, the hotels in the interior might have a planta, for the most part they do not.

In SDQ I do enjoy the 24/7 deal where I stay, thanks God!

JasonD

Bronze
Feb 10, 2018
Give LT a try Jason....

Lots of SDQers there on weekends 
High rollers have places.....

I've been, they are TOO LOUD the locals that is, extremely. High rollers and class are parallel to each other with some high rollers.

I enjoy LT however, Las Ballenas, Coson, Bonita are among the best beaches God ever made.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
The first Balcones del Atlantico were sold out before they had shovels in the ground.

Those boys made it big time.

The toll road wasn't there yet - but they knew it was coming

Everywhere can't be loud.....