Third World or Second World ???

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
McDonalds opens "restaurants" where there's money to be made so if they have only 3 in a large city such as Santo Domingo that means that there's not enough market for them. LOGIC in business sense something you seem to lack.

That's because Burger King is the King in DR, unlike in the US or other countries they compete!

Now, home many Burger Kings and Wendy's are in Santo Domingo alone???? How about the whole country???

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
That's because Burger King is the King in DR, unlike in the US or other countries they compete!
Now, home many Burger Kings and Wendy's are in Santo Domingo alone???? How about the whole country???

Here we go again, the all knowing in Florida sees the Burger Kings in Santo Domingo, THEY ARE EMPTY compared to McDonald's.
Having more locations doesn't mean more business...LOOK IN YOUR CRYSTAL BALL.....
Nowhere in the world will Burger King outsell McDonald's.......except in your mind......
Please show us where you get your DR statistics....KING vs Mcky D's.......

B in Santiago...and I like Burger King more

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Here we go again, the all knowing in Florida sees the Burger Kings in Santo Domingo, THEY ARE EMPTY compared to McDonald's.
Having more locations doesn't mean more business...LOOK IN YOUR CRYSTAL BALL.....
Nowhere in the world will Burger King outsell McDonald's.......except in your mind......
Please show us where you get your DR statistics....KING vs Mcky D's.......

B in Santiago...and I like Burger King more

You forgot to switch to your frank recktenwald account before answering!

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
The Pichardo Hypothesis

314tr9e.jpg

Episode 5: Flawed Logic (Part 1) - More is Better

10 Burger Kings - 8 customers
1 McDonald's - 7 customers

Therefore: Burger King is BETTER, it has more customers!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Episode 6: Flawed Logic (Part 2) - Less is Better

1 Burger King - 0 customers
1 McDonald's - 3 customers

Therefore: Burger King is BETTER, no waiting to be served!

D in Santiago
I mean "B in Santiago"
No, I mean "Frank"

Oh, the hell with it, I forgot who I was......

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
McDonalds opens "restaurants" where there's money to be made so if they have only 3 in a large city such as Santo Domingo that means that there's not enough market for them. LOGIC in business sense something you seem to lack.

If its up to logic, then Santo Domingo has got to have more than 3 Mc Donalds, after all, little old Santiago with 1/3 of Santo Domingo's population has three Mc dee's in it.

pi2

Banned
Oct 12, 2011
Many places are looking to ban McDonalds - countries and towns that look after the health of their people!

Sane people when they read the ingredients list give them a wide berth; they also help diestroy the planet!

CA town attempts to ban McDonald

McDonalds show a nation is sinking!

Corn fed beef is very destructive and requires the DR to spend foreign exchange on ingredients.

pi2

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
DR needs more buses and less cars to become 1st World - after Brazil, Switzerland, UK and now China.
Trees and bushes can be planted on overpasses and good pedestrian areas created. pi2

How about sufficient food, good energy supply, clean drinking water, cleaner air, natural gas,(forgot, plenty with the beans), streets and highways without potholes every 10 feet, a social security system for the elderly, better public school system, less shopping centers that are EMPTY (you could almost think they are built for the purpose of money laundering), vehicles (cars and motorbikes with catalytic converters), etc, etc, etc. And you think more buses and bushes on overpasses will make this a 1st world country.....must be nice living in your world......
and Pichardos.....

B in Santiago......not Florida

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
I like the list, but the Dominican Republic isn't showing any on this list of countries with McDonald's franchises....
Paraguay is showing 11....right above the DR....Maybe the ones here are owned by McDonald's Corp.and not franchised out...
A McDonald's restaurant is operated by either a franchisee, an affiliate, or the corporation itself.......Wikipedia.

B in Santiago

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I like the list, but the Dominican Republic isn't showing any on this list of countries with McDonald's franchises....
Paraguay is showing 11....right above the DR....Maybe the ones here are owned by McDonald's Corp.and not franchised out...
A McDonald's restaurant is operated by either a franchisee, an affiliate, or the corporation itself.......Wikipedia.

B in Santiago

MC Donalds