To all of those who still have hope!!!

domerican

Oct 9, 2002
I'm new to this site and I just had to join after reading so much.... Let's just say "interesting advise, cmments, suggestions" and the list can go on.

I am dominican (both parents are dominican, I was born and raised in the States) so I guess you can call me a "domerican" (hence my user name). I am happily married to a gringo for yes, more than seven years and dated for probably just as long - a little history wouldn't hurt before I express my comments:

To all you gringo's looking for a dominicanita "good for you"! (I guess you know good stuff). But as one other person said during this thread, you shouldn't just try to marry someone from a certain race.... Just be carefule for what you wish for and be smart with your choice. Don't loose sight of what's important.

Afterall, growing up I always said I would nerver marry a gringo in a million years, not for any particular reason, I just invisioned myself ending up with a latino such as myself who shared the same culture and technically the same values.

Little did I know that you can't predetermine what type of person you'll marry without having an idea of exactly who that person IS. My story is a perfect example; as such I did date a dominican once - thinking this is the one. WRONG! he turned out to be the biggest a... (not that all dominicans are - so please don't freak out! I'm just stating my experience and trying to make a point).

Point is, for all of you looking for a dominicanita or ...ito you just may find true love somewhere else. I did, and boy he is the best gringo and we make the best couple (venus and mars in and outside of the bedroom). "Don't limit your search of who can be the one. It's such a big world and life is full of so many surprises".