Trump pulling out or Cap Cana?????

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Hmmmm.... A 1.61 acre lot (HNI : House not included) for sale in the Cap Cana Farallon is going for over 3.2 Million US$$... With 80% financing at 9 to 10% monthly via Dominican banks tells a different story...

A whopping 108 to 120% yearly interest rate!! Yikes!
And the funnnnnny thing is that 80% of the lots have already been sold...

Lots are rated (as to this date) almost to 40+/- appreciation% rate since development started in the area...

Kemo: Either you know something we don't or you have the Real State magic ball of the market...

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
From the Listin Diario on line today:

Dominican Republic is attractive location for property investment

"Santo Domingo.– The Dominican Republic is an attractive location for people looking to invest in overseas property. That is according to Tony Knowles, director of London International Property, who maintained that the country's property market was one of the most affordable in the Caribbean.

He also said that rental accommodation in the Dominican Republic was in high demand as the Caribbean was a hugely important tourist destination.

Knowles commented: "[There's a high] amount of investment that's going on, mainly high-end investment. In terms of land-pricing, it’s one of the better value for money islands in the Caribbean, certainly relative to Barbados, St Lucia, St Kitts etcetera.

"It's a very safe country and it's renowned as being one of the friendliest in the Caribbean and there's potential for growth. Buy-to-let in the Caribbean stands up anyway. It's one of the biggest tourist destinations worldwide and has one of the longest rental seasons."

He added that the Dominican Republic's property market was "straightforward" and accommodating to overseas investors."

http://www2.dominicantoday.com/dr/e...s-attractive-location-for-property-investment

The picture of the RE market in the DR is quite strong as of right now and all indications point towards even bigger gains in the short-mid and long terms...

The thing is that the RE market in the DR is moving away from low and mid valued investments and into the high priced and best value for the buck trend...

Fat Mac

Mar 10, 2008
Cc Founder

After watching this post and the threads go all over the place, I had to join and step in.

My wife and I are founders in Cap Cana. With the exception of our condo 2 years behind schedule (completed last summer!) all is well.

The property is stunning, the service and food are excellent and the value of our investment continues to grow.

Cool breezes and ocean views,

Bob

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
Sorry to say that Kemo is AWOL...

Congratulations in your investment and capitalistic entrepreneur!
I wish you the best!!! It's beautiful...

When my ex and me initially invested into Casa de Campo we heard all kinds of things, but kept at it and now we have a lovely corner too!

Last edited:

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
Donald Trump visited Cap Cana today, ..

ElEconomista.es

Punta Canta (R.Dominicana), 20 mar (EFE)

EFE
Trump y su socio, Ricardo Hazouri, ofrecieron una conferencia de prensa en las instalaciones del complejo Cap Cana (este del pa?s) que aglutina proyectos de apartahoteles, ventas de solares, un campo de golf, as? como dos torres.
Ambos destacaron el excelente desarrollo de estos proyectos de los cuales se han facturado 1.100 millones de d?lares, y Trump asegur? que "el clima de inversi?n es muy bueno en la Rep?blica Dominicana, en particular Cap Cana".

Ricardo Hazoury, en este sentido se?al? que el mercado estadounidense representa entre el 25 y el 30 por ciento de la inversi?n en Cap Cana y el de Europa una proporci?n semejante de forma que ante una situaci?n de crisis "cuando un mercado falla se hace mercadeo en el otro"."La ventaja de la Rep?blica Dominicana es la accesibilidad a dos grandes mercados, Estados Unidos y la Uni?n Europea", contin?o Hazouri, quien avanz? que "ya se empieza a hablar de Brasil" como un potente n?cleo inversor, al igual que del turismo ruso del cual "hay dos compradores en nuestro proyecto".
This follows the first public release of design work of his Cap Cana hotel resort, ..

large_9A85A859-1372-FA94-0308CC0C5F503992.jpg

large_9A862895-1372-FA94-032115EFE9D9ADA3.jpg

large_9A86AAE4-1372-FA94-032D29529668C577.jpg

http://www.dr1.com/forums/real-esta...et-2-billion-trump-cap-cana-2.html#post619127

Last edited:

Narcosis

Dec 18, 2003

Narcosis

Dec 18, 2003
Donald might just have read Kemo's posts on this thread :paranoid: ... believe me some people take it very seriously ...

I know anyone who actually knows anything does not take this clown for real.

What does worry me is the lack of this site's concern over questionable claims, with no ckeck into the credibility of the people making the claims.

dime

Mar 20, 2008
Why don't you guys start another thread? I thought I was reading about Trump and Cap Cana. It's an interesting digression though.

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
Lambada said:
I'm one of those who never thought he was pulling out. But I do wonder why he needed to 'talk up' the project now?

Trump actually came to announce some not much reported big new news, ..

En la reuni?n con periodistas se dieron a conocer los m?s recientes avances del desarrollo de “Trump at Cap Cana”, que incluyen un condo hotel, dos torres, solares del Farall?n, un club de playa y un campo de golf.
Donald J. Trump resalt? que para ?l es un honor estar nueva vez en la Rep?blica Dominicana, expresando que “he dicho mucho que ?ste es uno de los lugares m?s maravillosos del mundo y Cap Cana es un destino bien conocido a nivel mundial, destacado por estar apegado al m?s alto nivel de lujo y exclusividad, con un mar tan bello, de gran colorido y bellezas naturales, unido a un buen plan de ejecuci?n en su desarrollo”.

Se?al? que el tiempo y la realidad le han demostrado que no estaba equivocado de asociarse con este importante proyecto tur?stico e inmobiliario y que las obras que conforman “Trump at Cap Cana” se est?n desarrollando con la ejecuci?n pautada y con los resultados esperados.
En su visita a Cap Cana, Donald J. Trump anunci? la contrataci?n de Hanse Golf Course Design Inc., una de las mejores compa??as de dise?o de campos de golf a nivel mundial, liderada por el destacado dise?ador de campos de golf Gil Hanse, quien tendr? a su cargo el dise?o y paisajismo de dos campos de golf ubicados en el Farall?n m?s alto de este complejo inmobiliario tur?stico. Trump at Cap Cana est? comprometido en ofrecer lo mejor en todos sus productos y muestra de esto es la contrataci?n de esta prestigiosa compa??a.

Gil Hanse, Presidente de la firma de dise?o, posee una maestr?a en Arquitectura de Paisajismo de Cornell University y ha contribuido a la industria del golf a trav?s de varios libros. Gan? el prestigioso premio William Frederick Dreer y posee en su curr?culo el reconocimiento de dos campos en los Top 100 de los Campos m?s Modernos de Golfweek (Boston Golf Club No. 49 y Rustic Canyon de Moorpark, California en el lugar 75).

Hanse Golf Course Design, l?der en Estados Unidos en el dise?o y restauraci?n de campos de golf, trabaja actualmente en el dise?o de los campos de golf “Farall?n” y “Dolinas”, los cuales prometen crear un espacio en el que el jugador pueda disfrutar de un campo interesante y desafiante, en medio de un hermoso escenario natural.

Los dos campos de golf dise?ados por Hanse, tendr?n sus particularidades cada uno que los diferenciar? conceptualmente, contando ambos con una topograf?a ?nica para cada uno de sus 18 hoyos, en total 36, ofreciendo as? variedad en la misma propiedad del Farall?n, respetando las estrategias tradicionales del golf, con las nuevas opciones del juego. Farall?n y Dolinas ser?n creados para recibir jugadores amateurs y profesionales.

Los campos del Farall?n tendr?n trampas estrat?gicas de arena, greens retadores y estar?n cerca uno del otro, sin que esto interfiera en el desarrollo de sus juegos y sus dise?os.

Las caracter?sticas principales del campo de golf “Farall?n”, con 7,215 yardas para campeonato, son las especies de flora natural que tendr?, la topograf?a de su superficie, la utilizaci?n de gramas nativas y un paisaje dominado por la arena y con tres fabulosos hoyos bordeando el farall?n con majestuosas vistas sobre el mar caribe. En cuanto al campo de golf “Las Dolinas”, con 7,290 yardas para campeonato, tendr? un aspecto de limpieza y nitidez, un paisaje nativo y abundancia de ?rboles y flores y, por supuesto, espectaculares dolinas. Ambos contar?n con gramas firmes y resistentes al ambiente.

Trump at Cap Cana y los campos de golf “Farall?n” y “Dolinas” ofrecer?n a sus clientes dos experiencias ?nicas de vivir el golf en el Nuevo Gran Destino del Mundo, Cap Cana.

cap%20cana%203.jpg

cap%20cana%201.jpg

Last edited:

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Having visited there not long ago and posting some pics, I'm not sure one could tell if The Donald ever DID pull out of Cap Cana.

I mean, is there something more dead than dead?

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Who is behind the Bouleward Towers? Has that anything to do with the Trump involvement? And is it not new that they are building Towers inside the Cap Cana Project?