Typical Dominican thing??

Status
Not open for further replies.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
OP, you're not the first one nor will you be the last one that this happens to. You simply need to let it go and move on.

I don't normally participate in this part of DR1, but this thread reminds me of this song. I couldn't resist! lol

[video=youtube;3wiTto3ykTc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wiTto3ykTc[/video]

Anillo al dedo. lol

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
She will be back. They never burn the bridge. Common tactic is to pass you on to a friend or sister in the meantime. No point in wasting a perfectly good gringo.

Yep. Had one that I had hooked up with in St Maarten over 16 years ago. call me recently. I'm thinking, given the rate that Dominicanas trash their phones, how could she possibly have my # after all this time?

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
This is normal behaviour for a lot of women on this island.
You (and a whole lot of other gringos) will never be looked
at as anything more then a money machine.
Its no secret, most of them would rather you just stayed
home and sent them a check once a month.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast

Did you miss the fact that she is a US citizen and lives and works there?

thecooldude

Sep 10, 2017
Live up to your handle and just be a cool dude and enjoy your life. Come back to the DR and sample the plethora of feminine flavors that populate the country(don't read too much into that)and make believe you're at Baskin Robbins: 31 flavors +
lol I was reading a bit here last week last time I was in DR was 2015 I was in Puerto Plata pretty nice but I was just staying at the Life styles resort
She will be back. They never burn the bridge. Common tactic is to pass you on to a friend or sister in the meantime. No point in wasting a perfectly good gringo.

I'm not too sure she's going to do any of that but I know she will recycle and try calling it's just a matter of time.. longest I think it's been was 3 weeks before she contacted me in some kind of way.
they never burn the bridge,nor do they lose the phone number. it will always come in handy.

there was a lady who lived in my apartment complex some time back, with whom i had a civil relationship. hi, hello, and how. we exchanged phone numbers, which was as deep as our relationship went. she moved away about a year and a half ago, and i never heard from her since.

until yesterday. she called just to say hello, by her explanation. however, before she hung up, she asked me if i would mind putting two hundred pesos of recarga on her phone. yes, i did it.

a phone number is never wasted.
Yeah about the phone numbers.. another red flag was her having all of her exes phone numbers still in her phone.. yeah yeah I know that should of been the end of things..

OP, you're not the first one nor will you be the last one that this happens to. You simply need to let it go and move on.

I don't normally participate in this part of DR1, but this thread reminds me of this song. I couldn't resist! lol

[video=youtube;3wiTto3ykTc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wiTto3ykTc[/video]

Anillo al dedo. lol

lol Yeah at this point it's just really just her now but her whole family.. you know she kept saying all the when do you want to get married stuff or we should get married next month. All the while her whole family smiles in my face.
Yep. Had one that I had hooked up with in St Maarten over 16 years ago. call me recently. I'm thinking, given the rate that Dominicanas trash their phones, how could she possibly have my # after all this time?
LOL it's crazy how everyone is getting contacted about the same time

She's been a U.S. citizen now for 11 years she works in the city so she does make her own money however her job is really dependent on the amount of tips she makes.

ExDR

Jul 31, 2014

Yes, but this time you play her. Get all the loving you can, but never pay for anything or give her money. Your credit card just happen to have been stolen and you can't use the ATM.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Yes, but this time you play her. Get all the loving you can, but never pay for anything or give her money. Your credit card just happen to have been stolen and you can't use the ATM.

sounds great in theory, but will never happen. you might get the first bite of the apple, but if no cash is flowing, you are getting no more. they are not that dumb to give it to you for free, when they can get something from another guy.

thecooldude

Sep 10, 2017
Yes, you are lucky. You could have married her, had a child yours or someone else's. You be paying for the rest of your life.

Yeah that's the crazy part I know her very well two years she was a nympho the part is it takes me like 45 min driving to her house sometimes she would just seemed not to appreciate me coming out to see her after I got out of work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thecooldude

Sep 10, 2017
sounds great in theory, but will never happen. you might get the first bite of the apple, but if no cash is flowing, you are getting no more. they are not that dumb to give it to you for free, when they can get something from another guy.

I think that's how she felt.. she wanted me to pay her phone I said no another was when she told me in a half ass way that she took a day off from work but told me the same day.. I had already made other plans.. long story short she was like you need to pay me $200 in what I would of made in tips.. I said no the hell I won't..

I should of known about a month before this wedding she started taking pics of me down and all on all the social media stuff should of been a clue. She did forget one where we were in the snow and she's like the love of my life.. I'm not sure if that's intentional but knowing her and reading here it seems like it..

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014

No. I didn't miss the fact.
I wonder where she grew up and learned this type of behavior is acceptable?
Let me guess ...dey doin da same ting inda bronx?

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
No. I didn't miss the fact.
I wonder where she grew up and learned this type of behavior is acceptable?
Let me guess ...dey doin da same ting inda bronx?

hahahaha

Reverse sankism............(made up this word) lol

thecooldude

Sep 10, 2017
I'm curious, what type of job does she have where she makes $200 a day in tips? (That's $1000/week, $50K+ per year). 

She works as a waxer however she grossly overestimated her tips it's normally like $125

thecooldude

Sep 10, 2017
Ha well she added me on Snapchat again and while I did not look my friend said she was going on posting how he had always been asking her to marry him and she kept saying no.. this is a BS lie as she told me she does not like dating Dominican men and it's funny how did you just go and marry him when you were dating me for the past two years lol.. like I said looks like money was involved but the only reason why she said that was she thinks I was going to look at her post which I'm not interested. I'm sure now she's going to contact me between now and next week.

I assume it's bugging her because I have made no contact

Status
Not open for further replies.