Uber in Santo Domingo

DRdreaming

Jul 29, 2014
Could you please expand upon this concept.
UBER keeps a running tally of the driver's earned portion of each trip. When a driver "cashes out" or requests their payment from UBER the cash that they have collected is deducted from the total that is owed to them by UBER.

Sent from my SM-J810M using Tapatalk

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
So Uber gets no piece of the action for connecting the rider with the driver if cash is paid? Doesn’t sound like a sustainable business model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s simple. Most users prefer to pay by card. But let’s say it’s only 25% of all rides in a month. Uber uses that money to deduct the fees for all the rides in that month.

The main reason for the drivers btw to ask cash is twofold: if you pay by card and include a tip, from that tip is also a fee deducted and the cc (bank) charge. And they have to wait a while to get their share if it’s paid by card. The cash money is in their hand immediately. For many dominicans to receive daily money is important.

Sep 4, 2012
..yes but the company does.

Who cares?

I ride UBER in the DR most times that I've gone out for drinks, party or just plain get together. Its cheap, reliable, faster and safer than any other mean of transportation. It for sure beats driving your own vehicle, or paying for taxi.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Who cares?

I ride UBER in the DR most times that I've gone out for drinks, party or just plain get together. Its cheap, reliable, faster and safer than any other mean of transportation. It for sure beats driving your own vehicle, or paying for taxi.[/QU

many times i have taken UBER in Santo Domingo, and i have nothing but praise for the experience. there are some people on this planet who will never be happy and satisfied, and if they buy a truckload of potatoes and one is bad, they will spend the rest of their lives regaling anyone who will listen about the time they got a bad load of potatoes. up theirs, i say.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
Uber is the way to go... it's safer than the chico waiting on the corner yelling taxi in your face when you have your car keys in your hand..

Mcinbrass

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
Who cares?

I ride UBER in the DR most times that I've gone out for drinks, party or just plain get together. Its cheap, reliable, faster and safer than any other mean of transportation. It for sure beats driving your own vehicle, or paying for taxi.

Or taking a carroconcho