Used Car Buying Guidance

Status
Not open for further replies.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Keep up the good work we need a guy like you here, thanks!

thank you very much for your kind words. the satisfaction i get when i help to prevent a guy from being ripped off far outweighs the negative feelings i experience from vindictive attempts to sabotage me.

Tarheel

Dec 19, 2005
by the way, cobraboy, why are we into all this? i offer one service, and one service only. i make sure you get a good car. you are the one who has ideas on what i should offer. well, i do not offer advice on titles. if people want that , they can opt for another guy. next thing we will hear is that the guy who sells sunglasses should be performing eye operations also.

Gordon, don't pay any attention to Cobraboy. Everybody on this board knows what he is all about. He is here to be the one and only expert. Nobody knows as much as him about anything. He is a big fish in a small pond. That is all he will ever be. I believe he is here because of a failed marriage in the states.

Aug 6, 2006
Cobraboy is an expert with a marketing degree from the US that prefers to run a business involving motorcycles, which we know that he is good at, because if he were not, he would be deceased.

Checking out used cars for others is a valuable and useful service, If The Gorgon does not deal with titles and such, that is not what he is paid to do.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Gordon, don't pay any attention to Cobraboy. Everybody on this board knows what he is all about. He is here to be the one and only expert. Nobody knows as much as him about anything. He is a big fish in a small pond. That is all he will ever be. I believe he is here because of a failed marriage in the states.

thank you, Tarheel. he fails to realize that the decent people in this site see through his transparent attempt to derail my venture.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
thank you, Tarheel. he fails to realize that the decent people in this site see through his transparent attempt to derail my venture.
How is suggesting you legally legitimize your venture an attempt to "derail" you?

What is wrong with becoming legal and paying your "fair share" like many expats do?

Why should you be exempt from legalization?

You've got a great concept (as I have stated before) in a needed market. All legalization does is builds a legitimate foundation.

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
How is suggesting you legally legitimize your venture an attempt to "derail" you?

What is wrong with becoming legal and paying your "fair share" like many expats do?

Why should you be exempt from legalization?

You've got a great concept (as I have stated before) in a needed market. All legalization does is builds a legitimate foundation.

You're being pretty obvious with your agenda CB.. as an outsider we don't really know why but for some reason you seem to expect gorgon to offer services outside of his expertise (title research etc) and have some sort of hardon for him legalizing as a company before he's even started. I think he's going to give it a shot and if it works out will probably go through the incorporation and insuring process but to expect that from a startup where he's just offering a quick inspection and general automotive advice is obviously excessive. You being an entrepreneur of all things I would assume would understand you don't incorporate every small startup company before it even leaves the starting line. I've started 5 companies in the DR and only two of the five have the income and sustainability to have gone through the incorporation process.

I think you just don't like the guy, and if there's a reason that other people shouldn't trust the service he offers (only the looking over of the vehicle), you should let the public know.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
You're being pretty obvious with your agenda CB.. as an outsider we don't really know why but for some reason you seem to expect gorgon to offer services outside of his expertise (title research etc) and have some sort of hardon for him legalizing as a company before he's even started. I think he's going to give it a shot and if it works out will probably go through the incorporation and insuring process but to expect that from a startup where he's just offering a quick inspection and general automotive advice is obviously excessive. You being an entrepreneur of all things I would assume would understand you don't incorporate every small startup company before it even leaves the starting line. I've started 5 companies in the DR and only two of the five have the income and sustainability to have gone through the incorporation process.

I think you just don't like the guy, and if there's a reason that other people shouldn't trust the service he offers (only the looking over of the vehicle), you should let the public know.
I understand this: If you accept money, by law, you've already left the "staring line."

If you've advertised your services in a public forum, you've already left the "starting line."

If you haven't paid ITBIS on the money you have accepted, you're already illegally stiffing the gubmint of what is legally theirs and could suffer DGII consequences.

Like them or not, those are the facts. Debate them.

Any idea worth doing is worth incorporating. If you can't risk the $2000 to do that, what kind of idea was it in the first place?

barker1964

Silver
Apr 1, 2009
This thread needs to be closed. It's turning into an attack on a person. Gorgon offers a service of car inspection only. Title searches and such is not his responsibility in any shape or form. In my opinion if he gives bad advise on the condition of a car that's one issue. As for anything else not his problem.........Move on. I guarantee you that others in this forum have businesses her and are not registered. His service harms no one. But helps EX-Pats. Until someone who has had personal dealings with him says he's a crook....Ok but until then, leave it alone. Think about this. If someone pays Robert to place a classified add how are they supposed to think? I buy a add and get attacked for services offered? And by someone I had no type of dealings? Now ask yourself who gets hurt more. Gorgon or Robert.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
This thread needs to be closed. It's turning into an attack on a person. Gorgon offers a service of car inspection only. Title searches and such is not his responsibility in any shape or form. In my opinion if he gives bad advise on the condition of a car that's one issue. As for anything else not his problem.........Move on. I guarantee you that others in this forum have businesses her and are not registered. His service harms no one. But helps EX-Pats. Until someone who has had personal dealings with him says he's a crook....Ok but until then, leave it alone. Think about this. If someone pays Robert to place a classified add how are they supposed to think? I buy a add and get attacked for services offered? And by someone I had no type of dealings? Now ask yourself who gets hurt more. Gorgon or Robert.
Then don't complain about corruption in the DR.

Any good service good enough for expats is good enough to become legal.

What's wrong with that?

barker1964

Silver
Apr 1, 2009
Then don't complain about corruption in the DR.

Any good service good enough for expats is good enough to become legal.

What's wrong with that?

I have nor ever will complain about corruption in the DR. I am the last person that will do so. I understand "PROPINA". To get the lights and water turned on in my home the same day I paid and did not complain. They do things a certain way. If I don't like something I just move on. And at the time of his choosing if he want to become legal. That's his choice. Please answer this question for me. How many here complain about the corruption but don't become legal residents? But just come to this forum and B**ch. I will say however the ones that complain have no "CEDULA" therefore are in no real position to affect change, and I have said this before so why complain. No one has a gun held to their head to live in the DR. If a person does not like the system "MOVE ON" find another country. Or shut up and deal with it........Nuff said I'm done.....P.S We all have a choice....Yes or no? BTW married to a Dominicana and I have Dominican born children and yes my "CEDULA" and I understand I will never be one of them....I accept that. Maybe that's why the "CORRUPTION" does not bother me.

Last edited:

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
OK.

Need Gorgon's services, PM him.

He comes highly recommended for his services. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.