Venezuelan Immigration to the DR

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
LOL, you got it........... if you watch the second full length video you will see that the lady in the white pants is in on the joke.

The whole thing was staged...............

Staged yes, but done to see what reactions would surface from Doms. And that reaction seemed mostly positive towards the Venezuelans. Even some trying to comfort the Ven gal.

Donnad722

Mar 22, 2016
And vice versa...Dominicans do the same in other countries. I understand what your point is but this problem is widespread just not the DR.

I agree. It is just a matter of survival. It does not have anything to do with any particular country.

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
I think that the girl wearing white jean is part of the group and is playing the instigator role.
look fake to me.

I agree and as does Espossa , this video is for ratings... exploiting the immigrants for Youtube dollars.
No more No less!
Shame on Her!

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
Looked it up on Wikipedia.
Xenophobia can be distinguished by opposition to foreign culture.
Distrust and fear of that which is perceived as being foreign or strange.
Xenophobia is a POLITICAL term not Medical. So it can be separated from the other Medical 'Phobias'.

Look it up on Wikipedia ,! Interesting.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Racist? Wrong word. It is not racist. That is dependent upon race. This is not.

I agree - but try telling liberals that. How many news articles have we seen where charges of xenophobia has been conflated with and labeled as racist?

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Staged yes, but done to see what reactions would surface from Doms. And that reaction seemed mostly positive towards the Venezuelans. Even some trying to comfort the Ven gal.

I think that the girl wearing white jean is part of the group and is playing the instigator role.
look fake to me.

I agree and as does Espossa , this video is for ratings... exploiting the immigrants for Youtube dollars.
No more No less!
Shame on Her!

All filmed in broad daylight in tourist zone central with Tourist Police everywhere...........

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
Staged or not, people shouldn't behave that way toward other groups. Call it what you want, it's wrong. Simple.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
The whole thing is a staged social experiment to gauge the reactions of normal Dominicans in public. It's comforting to see the majority of Dominicans shown in that film were actually supporting the Venezuelans and nobody chimed in with the "staged" Dominican aggressor. In fact the guy in blue did actually challenger her.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Staged or not, people shouldn't behave that way toward other groups. Call it what you want, it's wrong. Simple.

Is it of your opinion that illegal Haitians should be allowed to remain, reside and work in the RD as well?

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
The whole thing is a staged social experiment to gauge the reactions of normal Dominicans in public. It's comforting to see the majority of Dominicans shown in that film were actually supporting the Venezuelans and nobody chimed in with the "staged" Dominican aggressor. In fact the guy in blue did actually challenger her.

Yes but one must keep in mind the entire thing was played out in an area with a known police presence at all times. Would the reactions have been different in a different setting?

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
Is it of your opinion that illegal Haitians should be allowed to remain, reside and work in the RD as well?

No, not at all, and this thread is about Venezuelans anyway. There are better ways to deal with immigration issues than public verbal attacks. It happens and it's not always staged. Humanity can do better than that.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
No, not at all, and this thread is about Venezuelans anyway. There are better ways to deal with immigration issues than public verbal attacks. It happens and it's not always staged. Humanity can do better than that.

I am very well aware that this thread has to do with Venezuelans, but there is also the underlying theme attached of illegal immigration here in the RD as well, and no other group currently represents that dilemma best than Haitians. It is for this that I asked you about Haitians. Now, is it of your opinion that illegal Venezuelans should be allowed to remain, reside and work in the RD?

JasonD

Bronze
Feb 10, 2018
Most dominicans and 100% of the men!!! are in favor of venezuelan, colombian immigration ( blancos, cabello bueno, somehow more educated)
What they dont want is more Haitians. My observation

It works the same everywhere, look at the comments made towards welcoming immigrants from Norway by the POTUS.

Now if this was "staged" was the Dominican lady also part of it?

If so, her reaction wasn't genuine and the entire debate is indeed bogus.

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
Domican men love Venezuela women toto. Thy are making the DR chapidoras get there fat culo in the gym.

JasonD

Bronze
Feb 10, 2018
I am very well aware that this thread has to do with Venezuelans, but there is also the underlying theme attached of illegal immigration here in the RD as well, and no other group currently represents that dilemma best than Haitians. It is for this that I asked you about Haitians. Now, is it of your opinion that illegal Venezuelans should be allowed to remain, reside and work in the RD?

The Dominican government seems in love with Venezuela overall, no?

bonao99

Jun 11, 2005
It works the same everywhere, look at the comments made towards welcoming immigrants from Norway by the POTUS.

Now if this was "staged" was the Dominican lady also part of it?

If so, her reaction wasn't genuine and the entire debate is indeed bogus.

it was probably done to show people reactions to the venezuelans. I think the experiment will work better if the audience
were mostly women. The dominican women have now some strong competition.