Venezuelan Immigration to the DR

JayinRD

Apr 18, 2013
just would like a little clarification, is all...

Yes, I know your argument re getting involved militarily is never ever good these days. I hear it ad nauseum since we screwed up in Iraq. I could give you my argument on why every conflict in the world is not the same, and Venezuela is different, but I know the Mods wouldnt want that type of political discussion.

Tarheel

Dec 19, 2005
Pardon me if this has already been posted but do Venezuelans pay for a 30 day tourist card just like gringos? Do they get a special visa to the DR as they are part of the Caribbean organizations?

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Pardon me if this has already been posted but do Venezuelans pay for a 30 day tourist card just like gringos? Do they get a special visa to the DR as they are part of the Caribbean organizations?

All non-Dominicans are gringos, with the exception of Haitians. They are Haitians.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017

Venezuelans must purchase the 30 day tourist card upon arrival to RD.
The following are exempt from a tourist card.....
-Residents and Dominican nationals.
-Foreigners arriving from Argentina, Chile, South Korea, Ecuador, Israel, Japan, Peru and Uruguay. There are several other countries currently in negotiations to amend the requirements, but those are just as mentioned, negotiations in process.
-Diplomatic and consular staff with assigned missions in the country, while on duty.

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
I am very well aware that this thread has to do with Venezuelans, but there is also the underlying theme attached of illegal immigration here in the RD as well, and no other group currently represents that dilemma best than Haitians. It is for this that I asked you about Haitians. Now, is it of your opinion that illegal Venezuelans should be allowed to remain, reside and work in the RD?

No, and I have never stated that anywhere, at any point. There is a huge difference between condoning this type of poor behavior and opposing illegal immigration. Why would you make the assumption that I believe anyone (Venezuelan, Haitian, or otherwise) should be allowed live and work illegally because of my response to the video? I have said that humanity can do better than resorting to public shaming of an entire group of people based on their nationality. Just to reiterate: I have not said anything about allowing illegal immigration. There are better, more productive, mature, and diplomatic ways to deal with these issues. Yelling at somebody in a public park is stupid and childish.

And for the record, I understand that this scenario may have been staged in this case. Doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Russell

Jun 17, 2017

Venezuela has ''Observer Status'' with CARICOM ; not membership. Same as RD. Haiti has full membership in CARICOM.
Russell

R3cycle

Sep 20, 2013
Arepa wasnt an issue: venezuelan pompis are better than dominicans, that's why the girl was so upset. Envidiosa

jenmar237

Aug 8, 2017
Bad experiment

This so-called "Experiment", in my opinion, was done in poor taste and in the wrong country. Dominicans have received Venezuelans with open arms, granting them many opportunities in the professional workforce, even at the expense of qualified Dominicans. An adequate place to have conducted this "experiment" would have been in Colombia, due to their historic conflicts and dislike for each other. Makes you wonder why the Venezuelan behind this expirement chose the DR instead of Colombia. The creator made numerous posts apologizing for the misunderstanding since anti-Dominican factions immediately took it upon themselves to edit out the portion that discloses that this was not a real incident but the damage has already been done. Thousands of ppl, including some posters here, immediately believed this was an actual incident and thus the hysteria and false accusations of racism and xenophobia against Dominicans once again become a trend.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
No, and I have never stated that anywhere, at any point. There is a huge difference between condoning this type of poor behavior and opposing illegal immigration. Why would you make the assumption that I believe anyone (Venezuelan, Haitian, or otherwise) should be allowed live and work illegally because of my response to the video? I have said that humanity can do better than resorting to public shaming of an entire group of people based on their nationality. Just to reiterate: I have not said anything about allowing illegal immigration. There are better, more productive, mature, and diplomatic ways to deal with these issues. Yelling at somebody in a public park is stupid and childish.

And for the record, I understand that this scenario may have been staged in this case. Doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

I did not make an assumption, I asked you for your opinion. There is a difference. I fully agree with you that yelling at somebody is stupid and childish, not only in public parks.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Probably because their diet doesnt consist.of fried plantains.

Sent from my Z833 using Tapatalk

I guess there are no fried plantains, or fried anything on the menu within your diet. Feel free to post a photo. Show us how you do it. Then again.....

Apr 7, 2014
I guess there are no fried plantains, or fried anything on the menu within your diet. Feel free to post a photo. Show us how you do it. Then again.....
Nope. No fried plantains in my diet. I call that dogfood... Your comment reads like an old washed up Mae West in a black and white John Wayne movie. "Come here big spender. Dont you want to catch syphillis tonite?" (Psst. It sounds abit homo-erotick-y, a bit, wee bit)

Anyway, the Venezuelie chick had a derriere like Peter Cottontail...so soft, so soft, ah so nice.

Self portait from my series of self help dvds "PimpOnomics for the 21st Century
55660ee2280cbbbca44c10637d33103d.jpg

Sent from my Z833 using Tapatalk