Vin Diesel to film in DR

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
2 pages worth?

My guess is that this thread is already more popular than the movie will be.

I'd rather see a movie about CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

NY1

Feb 26, 2002
Criss Colon said:
Vin came with another "Big Star","JuRule".Looks like they can't get laid in the US Either!!!Vin said he can do things in the DR that he can't in the US!

I have met some intelligent,well educated,hard working,honest,"God Fearing" Dominicans (And You BOTH Know Who You Are!!!)

I married my wife because she was the first beautiful,sexy,17 year old I could find that would marry an poor,ugly, fat, bald ,guy 30 years older than her! Whats your excuse????

If Dominican Immigrants are offended by my "Dominican Dream" post,it is for two reasons,
#1,Domincans NEVER accept criticism!
#2, The TRUTH often strikes home,and "HURTS!!!!!!!!!!
Take a drive through "The Heights" on a Saturday night,which I did last June!
Must make you PROUD to be a "DOMINICAN"!!!!????
Cris Colon.....................The Shining Star of The Carribean"!

Funny stuff...then again, in life I have learned that one must consider the source, before one gets upset!

THE GAME

Jul 13, 2005
www.nydailynews.com
NY1 said:
Funny stuff...then again, in life I have learned that one must consider the source, before one gets upset!

very true,,, it's not even worth it to explain or get upset at people that think like that (fyi... person has similar tone toward dr, dr culture, dr people in other posts)... so it's true don't pay attention or comment on what that person writes.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"I Agree!!!"

Just ONCE,I would like to enjoin a Dominican in a "Battle-Of-Wits" on DR1!!!!!
But then I would be criticised for beating a "Un-Armed Man"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)
It not easy always being RIGHT!!!! :cry:
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCcccccccccccccccccccCC :cross-eye

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
NY1 said:
You are correct. It doesn't pay to get upset with CC's posts. Most times he is just posting to get a reaction. However, one must at least take the effort to point out when he is making an idiotic statement (as in his last paragraph in post #3), otherwise someone may take him seriously.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
My wife(Dominicana) laughed at CC comments and agreed. Half of her cousins in NYC are illegals and she know numerous others that have got there buy every method under the sun. That said, we know many Dominicans in the states that are hard working successful professionals. It's true that most people don't take critism of their country or citizens very well. This is true if you are American, Canadian....etc, but Dominicans especially don't like it. If I want to get Yris going, all I have to do is make a remark about Dominican people...and the HURRICANE (latin termperment) raises it's head. For you Dominicans that are easily offended, lighten-up, laugh at yourself.

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
CC's adding to his confirmed kills

rellosk said:
You are correct. It doesn't pay to get upset with CC's posts. Most times he is just posting to get a reaction. However, one must at least take the effort to point out when he is making an idiotic statement (as in his last paragraph in post #3), otherwise someone may take him seriously.
There are themes running through all of this.

CC's theme is to say it like it is, in his world, in his words.

You fools get your undies in a bunch every time his world fogs your Blue Blockers.

Keep egging him on, it will continue to pleasure us to no end, as you mire in your own dreadful pissing and moaning.

The kill list grows.

THE GAME

Jul 13, 2005
www.nydailynews.com
bob saunders said:
My wife(Dominicana) laughed at CC comments and agreed. Half of her cousins in NYC are illegals and she know numerous others that have got there buy every method under the sun. That said, we know many Dominicans in the states that are hard working successful professionals. It's true that most people don't take critism of their country or citizens very well. This is true if you are American, Canadian....etc, but Dominicans especially don't like it. If I want to get Yris going, all I have to do is make a remark about Dominican people...and the HURRICANE (latin termperment) raises it's head. For you Dominicans that are easily offended, lighten-up, laugh at yourself.

ok so now we know not to pay attention to CC's comments... ever...

what he did wrong was generalize... it's true that some dominicans do all those things and live like that... but so
does boricuas so buy the drugs from the dominicans who sell drugs... and just because some boricuas sell drugs doesn't mean that every boricua does.

and he degrades dominicans, its culture, lifestyle and he's with a dominican teenager?

but anyhow now we know that' CC's comments on DR1 are useless, uninformative, and just plain b/s.

(fyi.. i'm not dominican)

frank alvarez

Apr 13, 2004
That's CCCCC!!!

Folks, don't get upset with CCCCC's very particular way of stating things. Those of us that have been checking out DR1 for a while know him well and have learned to live with him. As a Dominican, I am sorry to say that in his very particular way of saying things he does make some good points that are generally correct. Our 'compatriotas' are very well known for doing exactly what Cris Colon says we do.

And don't even look towards Europe! 75% of the working girls in the red light district of Amsterdam are Dominican and you can find plenty in Belgium, France, don't even mention Spain since they are all over every major truck stop to service truckers and as far east as Greece! We used to be known for having baseball players in the U.S. and prostitutes in Europe but now you have to add us to the list of major drug dealers and traffickers too!

linamia

"an unexamined life is not worth living"
Jan 2, 2002
www.pascual5designs.com
Criss Colon said:
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCcccccccccccccccccccCC :cross-eye

Thank God I am a ARMED WOMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Moderator's note:..."Actually you are "AN" armed woman,not "A" armed woman......."Hmmmmm,Maybe NOT!") ;) CC

After reading your comments I wonder which part of the dream your half Dominican babies will choose when they grow up.(ME TOO!)cc

a humbled Dominicana accepting criticism. :tired:

Last edited by a moderator:

THE GAME

Jul 13, 2005
www.nydailynews.com
frank alvarez said:
Folks, don't get upset with CCCCC's very particular way of stating things. Those of us that have been checking out DR1 for a while know him well and have learned to live with him. As a Dominican, I am sorry to say that in his very particular way of saying things he does make some good points that are generally correct. Our 'compatriotas' are very well known for doing exactly what Cris Colon says we do.

And don't even look towards Europe! 75% of the working girls in the red light district of Amsterdam are Dominican and you can find plenty in Belgium, France, don't even mention Spain since they are all over every major truck stop to service truckers and as far east as Greece! We used to be known for having baseball players in the U.S. and prostitutes in Europe but now you have to add us to the list of major drug dealers and traffickers too!

what he says is true but to say 'all' is not.
that's the only thing i commented on.

no one is supposed to learn to live in dr1 with an individual that writes generalizations. He shall be banned from dr1.
one thing is saying that some or most dominicans do this, or do that... but to say 'all'? and then he's living with a dr teenager? come on... that's nonsense.

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Change your tighty whities.

THE GAME said:

no one is supposed to learn to live in dr1 with an individual that writes generalizations. He shall be banned from dr1.
one thing is saying that some or most dominicans do this, or do that... but to say 'all'? and then he's living with a dr teenager? come on... that's nonsense.
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!! Lighten up Francis.

You're generalizing to the point that he's generalizing.

If the comments are so disturbing to you, grab the mouse firmly, go to START, choose SHUT DOWN, and go back to painting puffy clouds and happy trees. Reading your witless defense of the DR and its people is as boring as it gets.

By definition - the mere fact we habitate this board - we all love the DR and it's people. We all know oodles of wonderful Dominicans that make the island their home, or their getaway. Whether born or bred there makes no difference, it's a profound love.

So quit it with your 72 posts of bellyaching and lighten up. I really want to stoop a bit and call you a twit, but I'm so sure you've heard that so many times, I won't bother.

THE GAME

Jul 13, 2005
www.nydailynews.com
Cleef said:
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!! Lighten up Francis.

You're generalizing to the point that he's generalizing.

If the comments are so disturbing to you, grab the mouse firmly, go to START, choose SHUT DOWN, and go back to painting puffy clouds and happy trees. Reading your witless defense of the DR and its people is as boring as it gets.

By definition - the mere fact we habitate this board - we all love the DR and it's people. We all know oodles of wonderful Dominicans that make the island their home, or their getaway. Whether born or bred there makes no difference, it's a profound love.

So quit it with your 72 posts of bellyaching and lighten up. I really want to stoop a bit and call you a twit, but I'm so sure you've heard that so many times, I won't bother.

this is #73 by the way.

if i owned DR you and CC would be the first ones out the island but since i don't then the island has to put up with
a gringo like you.

... that said
if you don't like anyone's comments either then you can
go to START, SHUT DOWN, and we'll both be coloring
clouds.

it's disturbing when someone generalizes... that's all.
nothing wrong with what cc said just the part that he said
'all.'

let's get back to the topic of vin di in the dr.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
THE GAME said:

Don't take out on CC.

I do agree that it gets tiresome to read all of his negative posts, but our eyes are free to read what we want!

CC is a moderator, he is not going to go anywhere any time soon.

In short, don't take offense by the way he states things. Sure, they do flare up certain emotions at times (patriotic?), but he is nowhere near being influential in decisions being made by national and/or world leaders, he's nowhere being influential on the economy, and he's nowhere near being influential on the outcome of the country in the short or long term.

Thus, just let him be what he is... A DR1er who states certain facts with a shot of generalizations....

However, do the same towards the US and he's the first one to defend that country!

It goes both ways.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
bob saunders said:
It's true that most people don't take critism of their country or citizens very well. This is true if you are American, Canadian....etc, but Dominicans especially don't like it. If I want to get Yris going, all I have to do is make a remark about Dominican people...and the HURRICANE (latin termperment) raises it's head. For you Dominicans that are easily offended, lighten-up, laugh at yourself.
You want to know why this is the case?

Well, it has to do with knowing what the problems are and people constantly trying to "remind you" of them.

Every Dominican knows what the problems are, we don't need reminders!

I think I am accepting of cricisms, but to a certain point. I accept criticisms in chunks, but when its nothing but criticism after criticism after criticism, there is just no remedy but to attempt at making the other person be quiet for a while!

I don't know how on earth will criticism fix any problem? Especially in this country where whinning takes you absolutely nowhere!

If anything, the only times I agree with CC when he criticize this country is when on the same post he makes a suggestion as how to fix the potential problem.

Doing such thing means that he truly cares about the problem, at least to the point that he has come up a way he thinks will resolve the problem. In those cases, my hat goes down to him.

In all those other blunt criticism post, well....

You see how he reacts when people say the US is the most racist place on earth, crime is higher in NYC than anywhere else, etc. He comes to the "rescue".

It goes both ways.

nyjcr

Feb 25, 2005
Nal0whs said:
CC is a moderator, he is not going to go anywhere any time soon.

This can perhaps be the root of the problem? It?s called checks & balance?

NY1

Feb 26, 2002
Criss Colon said:
:cross-eye

Can you rephrase this in English or was your wife using your Speak and Spell?

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Nice Wake Up Call

CC remarks may not be Politically Correct, but there are alot of truths on what he is saying, maybe Dominicans need to be reminded on the negative things that's holding their country and nation of people back. I live in NYC and seen first hand the problem of Drugs in Washington Heights. On any given night many suburbians cross over the GW Bridge, just to go into the Heights to buy drugs. Plus the prostitution in DR is unmatched with any other country in the Carribean, Latin America, or possibly South America (except Brazil). Things need to be done and it may seems that the DR is going backwards instead of forward.

sunshine_79

I made the 300,000th post!
Jun 1, 2005
rellosk said:
You must mean the second coming of De Niro, which he clearly isn't. Otherwise he would have had his picture taken at The Presidential Palace.

You mean he didn't win an Oscar??? Wow, I must have got him mixed up with someone else. Haven't you guys seen Triple X or The Pacifier? That's Best Actor material there, don't you think? :rolleyes: