Viva Tangerine - Cabarete

Status
Not open for further replies.

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
Thanks for the reply Fireguy!

I was thinking of going around the beginning of next month. Think they're all booked up for their opening week? I'll have to browse through their site for a local (S.D.) "Reservations" phone #.

Peter & Alex

Bronze
May 3, 2003
www.rainbowsenddr.com
Update 23.10.03

Wandered in there from the beach early this morning - me and the guard are now old buddies!!
Gardens sorted - all furniture in place under the awning of the main building. Lots of garden ornaments strategically placed - looks nice.
They are cleaning the pool - also looks nice.
Beach side restaurant (?) now furnished, tiles completed and rain/shade blinds installed. Painting finished.
They are building some sort of what looks like a storage rack for canoes on the beach but they do already have a small inflatable on a trolley at the dge of the garden.
Beach fence now fully erected and it all looks a bit tidier.
Still the usual construction rubbish scattered about though.
Rooms look as if they are all furnished in the main building and ready for occupation. Empty rooms though in the other building?
It's looking good both from the road side and the beach.
Hope that you all have a good time?
Peter

Beachgirl

Oct 20, 2003
Just a quick question for those in the know....

Are we flying in next month just in time for rainy season? Should we be bringing a rainsuit or sun tan lotion??? I've travelled many times through the Caribbean/Mexico in November and had good weather and I'm hoping the DR is no exception.

Thanks.

Beachgirl

Oct 20, 2003
Whew! What a relief Hlywud- glad to hear we shall have hot sunny weather all week.

Have you and Warden started packing yet????

Peter & Alex

Bronze
May 3, 2003
www.rainbowsenddr.com
Hlywud,
Crappy rainy weather here too, unfortunately!! But it will brighten up????
Another container load of stuff going into Viva this am. Great fun watching and sitting in the traffic chaos as they tried to reverse the 40 footer into the entrance!!
Still working away at getting it all ready for you but it's gonna be touch and go as they have yet to do a helluva lot of tidying up!!!
Presidente is on ice, as is the agua rojo! Tea pot is warming and I'm baking banana cake as Alex instructed me!! Only problem is, will you have time to come sit on the patio at home??
Peter

Beachgirl

Oct 20, 2003
My theory is we can be ready to go anywhere with 4 telephone calls and 20 minutes to pack. 1 call to board the dog, 1 call to our cat lady to come and look after the boys and 1 call to work (each) telling them we won't be in Monday.

The weather is crappy here too - at least no snow yet, although ( and I suspect warden agrees) it is not allowed to snow before my birthday......its just wrong!!!

By the time we get there, they will have had 16 days to perfect things - more than enough time!!

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
What's Up With That?

Peter & Alex said:
Crappy rainy weather here too, unfortunately! Tea pot is warming and I'm baking banana cake as Alex instructed me! Only problem is, will you have time to come sit on the patio at home??
Peter
First of all, I like the rain. It's a nice change from being baked in the sun constantly. Prettier sunsets, and nicer sleeping weather, too! Secondly, you never invite me and Alba to your patio! You'll only meet us on the beach! What's up with that? And we dress nicely, too!

Tom (aka XR)

Peter & Alex

Bronze
May 3, 2003
www.rainbowsenddr.com
Hey Tom & Alba,
You know where it is!! If not then call the cell: 886 9692
Tea is of British origin, time is local (around 4,30-5.00pm), cake is currently pineapple, wine is generally red and Chilean. (Better set to and bake a banana cake again - now where were those instructions Alex left)?
Peter the competent house husband.

Peter & Alex

Bronze
May 3, 2003
www.rainbowsenddr.com
The Lights are ON!!

It's a hive of activity at the moment. Hordes of workers all scurrying around like ants.
There's still alot of tidying up to do but it looks as if they are getting there?
Reception area still being roof tiled but it is already waterproofed.
They're even stacking boards in the new rack on the beach and the furniture is being stacked around the various outlets.
Touch and go as to if they'll make it for 01.11.03 but you've gotta give em points for effort!!
Will have a closer look and wander in from the beach tomorrow.
Peter

Peter & Alex

Bronze
May 3, 2003
www.rainbowsenddr.com
Chris - Me Too!!!

At least with these updates on opening progress of Viva Tangerine no-one can say that we're keeping them in the dark!!! Not like the other encumbent bunch of morons??????????
Wouldn't it be nice to at least be able to charge up your batteries once a day?
Visited Viva early this morning. Tidy up still ongoing but they're getting it done. Grassed areas are now covered with beach beds. Surf boards and surf canoes all racked up and ready to go. Lights are still on - they must be using a helluva lot of diesel?
A mass of new staff all gathered at 7.00am this morning, nice new uniforms, for a pep talk so it looks like they'll make the promised opening date of the first!!
Cutlery, crockery and coffee machines all installed and the outlets all looking good for go!
Wonder how much longer they will let me keep wandering in from the beach with my dogs?
Peter

Beachgirl

Oct 20, 2003
Yes. Peter & Alex, we definitely appreciate all your updates. Makes me look forward to my trip even more!!

I've been meaning to ask - what kind of dogs do you have?

Peter & Alex

Bronze
May 3, 2003
www.rainbowsenddr.com
More staff than you can shake a stick at.......

AND they're all beavering away being Dominican Busy!!! There's no guests yet but they all seem to have lots to do.
There's now a really crappy brand new Hobie Cat sitting on the beach?? Should be fun launching from there, what with the shore break??
Drapes are now up in the adjacent buildings rooms so it all looks good for go!
Furniture is installed in the foyer/reception too. Just wish the plants would grow out front as it does look a little uninviting with the fence all exposed.
They will be ready!!!!!
My dogs? Both are white bitch mongrels about 4 years old and came from Dubai in the United Arab Emirates. One is half blind in her one eye, we took the other out as she was born with total blindness in that eye and kept damaging it, and she was a Dubai street rescue dog. She walks about as if the sky is going to fall on her head and craps 3 times each morning on the beach just so I can carry it home in a bag!! The other is more aggressive and was rescued from a farm in Oman as she was underfed and abused a little. Now she just likes to bark and chase the Cabarete beach dogs!!
What fools we Brits are for our pets??

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Hi P & A,

Thanks for the updates - we appreciate your efforts.

As far as -
Originally posted by Peter & Alex
What fools we Brits are for our pets??
Not at all. Any dog people on the board (two purebred Silky Terriers here) will empathize with you.

Gregg

Beachgirl

Oct 20, 2003
I'm with fireguy - anyone who likes dogs/cats etc. can't be all bad.....I prefer my pets to some people I know. Believe me, you Brits don't have the market cornered on being foolish for your pets.

I bet the DR doesn't have doggie day care yet......

Status
Not open for further replies.