Viva Tangerine - Cabarete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter & Alex

Bronze
May 3, 2003
www.rainbowsenddr.com
Saw one little tourist today!!! A sweet little girl standing by the waves on the beach. Didn't dare stop, didn't want to be accused of being a pedeo... pideo...... peedo........ ?? oh, heck .... a dog walker!!!!
Nobody else about but it was 06.45am!!
Cook/chef was up, a couple of waiters about and the proverbial DR path sweeper was out strutting his stuff!!!
But BOY!!! Did you all miss the mother of all rainbows this morning!
Will have a nose around tomorrow as Sunday we do a bit later cos' we stop for breakfast on the way.
Peter

Peter & Alex

Bronze
May 3, 2003
www.rainbowsenddr.com
Sunday Check-Up

Did the Grab a Granny thing this morning!!! Spoke to 3 old ladies who are staying there - they think it's great but did add that "It's their first week open", which could mean that there are minor hiccups? They were happy with the accommodation, the service and the staff so far!
Not a lot of other people about but they were setting up breakfast tables for about 20 and there was a lot of towels and bathers draped over balcony railings.
Perhaps I should do a wander by later in the day after people are up?
Peter

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Peter, you've been just a great correspondent on this thing... even grabbing grannies to get the 'real truth'!. Thanks so much, you've made my life much easier. Now, I just zip by, knowing that you'll be 'nosing in' dogs and all....!

ebk

Oct 13, 2003
Viva Tangerine update

Any news about how the first week is going? I wrote to Viva to ask about some accommodation questions and never got a response, which makes me nervous.....

I appreciate everyone who has been doing surveillance on this property. It has been enormously helpful.

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
I also never got my email reply from them.... I did call the resort and left a message though (some answering machine picked up) and I got a call back from them the very next day. This was a few days before their opening day. Not sure if they have a toll free number on their site (I called locally here in the D.R.) but you might just want to call their regular "toll" number.

Due to the prices they quoted me (cheap cheap cheap for an AI), i'll probably be going around Thanksgiving.

$35USD p/p p/night is unbeatable for a new AI....

Keely

Nov 12, 2003
Uh oh

I just talked to the folks at Wyndham and they said the open date has been moved to December 20. This makes me nervous as my family of 10 has a reservation that starts on the 25th.

Anyone know any more information?

drozdb

Nov 12, 2003
Why has it been pushed back to Dec. 20? I'm booked for Jan 10... Hope things are together by then!

Has anyone been on/around the property within the past week or so?

Peter & Alex

Bronze
May 3, 2003
www.rainbowsenddr.com
Viva Tangerine?

Are we all talking about the same place?? Viva Tangerine is OPEN!!! It's been open since the first of November! There are people staying there and they seem to be enjoying themselves - except for the rain of course!!
Peter

drozdb

Nov 12, 2003
Yes, I'm talking about Viva Tangerine. I'm sorry if I misunterstood an earlier post. I'm going to the Tangerine on Jan 10, and just want to make sure that its open and doing well.

Has anyone been by it since it opened? How does it look? My girlfriend and I can't wait to take a much deserved vacation!

Keely

Nov 12, 2003
Mis-information

Well, I apologize for posting bad information, but it came from what should be a reliable source. When I called Wyndham yesterday (they are in an alliance with Viva Resorts) they told me that it wouldn't be open until December 20. But I e-mailed Viva directly today and they confirmed that it is indeed open and fully operational. Thank goodnesss! Thanks for everyone's replies though... I look forward to getting reports from anyone who stays there!

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
Re: Keely

Hlywud said:
Keely, I will be there tomorrow and if I can get to an internet connection, I will make a quick report on the resort here on DR1.

I'll definitely be looking forward to that report Hlywud! Planning on heading up to the resort in about a week...

Samantha

Nov 18, 2003
Christmas Week @ The Tangerine

We will be down there as well from Dec. 20th thru the 27th. I have stayed at other newly opened resorts and have found that with a little patience it can be a relaxing trip. I find that less occupancy lends to more personal service.

frezzinupnorth

Nov 7, 2003
Just read the report from Debbies. Although doesn't sound the greatest we must remember that this resort is still a virgen as resorts go. Its only been open a couple weeks and I think they will start to get better as more and more people start to arrive at the resort. I would like to suggest that maybe someone direct this forum to the Parent Company and suggest that they read it and listen to what people are saying. I went to a new resort in Playa Del Carmen a couple years ago and was scared stiff by reading all the reports. But I will say that by the time we arrived there that the resort had been listening and had cleared up a lot of the problems that people had been writing about in the forums. Am not going until late February so hopefully by then they will have it together.

Cold in Sask

Nov 24, 2003
Viva Tangerine

I am looking foward to the new reviews on Debbies It sure makes me nervous because this is our first real vacation and we want to have as much fun as possible thanx for all the information it has helped ease the questions...

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Hey that sounds like a great place!

Can you imagine? A room with a "baloney" , and I can't find any at the local supermarket!!

Interesting reviews...

HB

Status
Not open for further replies.