Wander Franco in Hot Water

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
If it is true that he may never play in MLB again (it is all over the news), then it is a shame for someone so young to have his career cut short for this reason/stupidity. There is always the Mexican League for him.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
If it is true that he may never play in MLB again (it is all over the news), then it is a shame for someone so young to have his career cut short for this reason/stupidity. There is always the Mexican League for him.

It is a shame, but also hard to feel sorry for his stupidity. No sex is worth millions and a MLB career. I hope this makes others think twice.

keepcoming

May 25, 2011
If the charges are in the DR, he will need a Dominican lawyer. Interesting to see who that will be, or maybe there is already someone.

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Just to give you an idea of who the "other" minor is, here's her tiktok page. (with her 650K followers)

Of course I followed your link. I'm without words.

What is with the upbringing of these kids. A fatherless nation. I'm having my challenges with my kids but this is out of control!

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
The special prosecutors are actually investigating three complaints. Will it be 3 strikes and he is finally out?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast

keepcoming

May 25, 2011
Agree, he won't play in the MLB but I think he will likely only find employment in the Mexican League. JD is right, there are probably more yet to come.

Reactions: AlaPlaya

keepcoming

May 25, 2011
Why? Does Japan allow these sorts of crimes against minors, or do they conveniently turn a cheek?
No, but given his experience in the MLB, the Japan League would normally be a league where a player of his ability (on the field) would go. But the Japan League is rather conservative so I doubt he would land there. However, the Japan League has signed former MLB players in the past with dubious reputations, so who knows. But if he plays again, IMO it would be in the Mexican League. That league will take anyone.

keepcoming

May 25, 2011
If he is facing criminal charges in the DR, then it could be a while before he plays again. It will be interesting to see if he plays this winter in the DR.

Reactions: JD Jones