We need a new and improved contest - A.S.A.P.

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
ChicaBianca said:
HI
I have one for you as well. Still wondering how he got my email and who would be "mi novio"

hi bianca im very sad cuando estaba aqui el era tu novio y no queria nada conmigo now im not working and i need yuor help . i need some money if yuo are sand the money that my adress ............. puerto plata if yuo sand for vimenca westerunion more easy y more fast help me please i have solve some problem write me today

Do they actually use this kind of whining??? I would see Dominican macho sankie say something like: "don't you, woman, waste dinero on stupid things (i know,baby, you like spend money buying stuff you don't need, or other guys???? me so jelous), me need money to save my family!!!! me padre is very sick. Send money to me as soon as possible on the address: .... or me so sad, worked for so long tiempo, so tired, not sure to see you again ...

Last edited:

Emma22

Jun 13, 2006
TheOP said:
novio = boyfriend

NO WAY!!! What, he re-cycled some e-mail and called Bianca a MAN??? THAT is shocking! - Laziness defined!!!...MORE to the point, who he send the e-mail he was re-cycling to originally?? :paranoid: I don't think this chap cares what sex he scams does he??:ninja: Dear me, I'd be more than a bit insulted by that! ATB Emma

Edit: HANG ON!!! - He was calling HIMSELF the "boyfriend" wasn't he??? - doh!

TheOP

Jul 14, 2006
Somerville, MA
Emma22 said:
NO WAY!!! What, he re-cycled some e-mail and called Bianca a MAN??? THAT is shocking! - Laziness defined!!!...MORE to the point, who he send the e-mail he was re-cycling to originally?? :paranoid: I don't think this chap cares what sex he scams does he??:ninja: Dear me, I'd be more than a bit insulted by that! ATB Emma

Edit: HANG ON!!! - He was calling HIMSELF the "boyfriend" wasn't he??? - doh!

He's calling HIMSELF novio, not someone else.

Emma22

Jun 13, 2006
I thought "mi" was "my" not "me" and for a moment there thought he'd called Bianca "my boyfriend" as opposed to "me (being) boyfriend"!!! - Me stupid!! LOL!!! ATB Emma ;)

TheOP

Jul 14, 2006
Somerville, MA
Emma22 said:
I thought "mi" was "my" not "me" and for a moment there thought he'd called Bianca "my boyfriend" as opposed to "me (being) boyfriend"!!! - Me stupid!! LOL!!! ATB Emma ;)

'Mi' is 'my'.... where did you see the expression "mi novio"? It was Bianca who used it referring to him as her novio:

ChicaBianca said:
Still wondering how he got my email and who would be "mi novio"

Maybe it was the use of the quotes what confused you and made you think that she was reporting speech from the presumed sanky.

Now that I think it through, it seems like both you and Bianca didn't interpret the sanky's E-mail quite right. Nowhere in the excerpt that Bianca posted does it say "mi novio". What he does say (assuming that he's not a fictional character created by Bianca) is "tu novio"... but one can only guess... Should we believe that this is a sanky's creation?

Last edited:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
ChicaBianca said:
HI
I have one for you as well. Still wondering how he got my email and who would be "mi novio"

hi Bianca I'm very sad cuando estaba aqui el era tu novio y no queria nada conmigo now I'm not working and i need your help . i need some money if yuo are sand the money that my adress ............. puerto plata if yuo sand for vimenca westerunion more easy y more fast help me please i have solve some problem write me today

Bianca can explain it herself but what I see is that first of all she doesn't know who gave this guy her email address and then she is wondering " who her novio" is suppose to be because he says

cuando estaba aqui el era tu novio y no queria nada conmigo

I'm very sad, when you were here he was your novio and you didn't care/desire/want anything with me........

but now I don't work so I need your money. I'm sending this to every female I can get an email to. :laugh: Ok ok I made this part up but close enough ;)

keep in mind that from the many emails that we have seen on DR1 these guys can't write in English and sad of all they can't write Spanish either.

Emma22

Jun 13, 2006
"tu" is "your" I would assume..."mi" I got from the pre-quote and I thought that "my" ...hence my confusion! I didn't even TRY interprate that e-mail too much as STUPID - just got the drift "Reply ASAP - Me in trouble!"
Emma "puts her hands up" - DID think "mi" was direct quote - me wrong!!!
Dum de dum...STILL thinking even second prize could win me earrings to match my AI band...:D
ATB! Emma;)

samanasuenos

Bronze
Oct 5, 2005
Drumroll............da dum.

Today's Lucky Daily Double Winner is ............ Bianca! YEAH BIANCA!

You may pick up one, and only one, of the following at your local Western Union office:

1. a gold front tooth with a rose engraved in it
2. lime green high heels with pointed toes and flowers embroidered on them
3. genuine imitation day-glo orange giant hoop earrings
4. a hawaiian shirt
5. white tube socks -a 6-pack
6. Wayne Newton's greatest hits on an 8-track tape ( do you remember what those are?)

Let me know a.s.a.p., please.

P.D. Emma wins the E for Effort Prize. Emma, you may pick any one of Toni Morrison's novels and the Chinese translation will be shipped out to you immediately.

ChicaBianca

Jul 13, 2006
Phoee, this is a difficult choice. All prices are fabulous. I will choose the gold front tooth and will donate it to the desparate guy that send me that email, as I won it by his email.

ChicaBianca

Jul 13, 2006
Sorry for all the confusion. The first line was my text and his email started with Hi Bianca. I had also difficulties with translating the spanish part. I think I found out who wrote the email to me (he was a waiter in the restaurant and he got fired in the time I was there) but it is still a big guess how he got my emaill address. Anyway I guess he duplicated this email to his whole addressbook and could collect a lot at the western union from some other women that might feel sorry for him, because this was the only mail he did sent. I was expecting some more, but he never wrote again.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
If you really want to mess with a Sankie's head try this.

The Sankie sends you one of those profoundly illiterate e-mails.

You reply in kind something like this: "My amor! You are my vida! I no live sin ti! I send you money vimenca Wetern Union the clave is XXXXXXXXXX."

Send him one dollar US via Western Union.

Wouldn't you just love to see his reaction when he picks up his dollar?

:cool: :lick: :devious:

ChicaBianca

Jul 13, 2006
Celt202 said:
If you really want to mess with a Sankie's head try this.

The Sankie sends you one of those profoundly illiterate e-mails.

You reply in kind something like this: "My amor! You are my vida! I no live sin ti! I send you money vimenca Wetern Union the clave is XXXXXXXXXX."

Send him one dollar US via Western Union.

Wouldn't you just love to see his reaction when he picks up his dollar?

:cool: :lick: :devious:

That would be very cool to do, but I will not see his face. I left a part out of the email with his address but he also told me that for picking up the money he needed my full address and phone number. Not sure if that is true because I never tried it, but if so I would never send him even 1 dollar as I do not want him to have my address. But the idea is fabulous:cheeky:

Audra

Bronze
Mar 19, 2006
ChicaBianca said:
That would be very cool to do, but I will not see his face. I left a part out of the email with his address but he also told me that for picking up the money he needed my full address and phone number. Not sure if that is true because I never tried it, but if so I would never send him even 1 dollar as I do not want him to have my address. But the idea is fabulous:cheeky:

he probably wanted your address and phone # as the place he would be staying when he applied for a visa.

ChicaBianca

Jul 13, 2006
audrav said:
he probably wanted your address and phone # as the place he would be staying when he applied for a visa.

And that is exactly why I would never give my address or phone number, the only thing they can get is my email. It is easy to delete a message I do not want to read, but getting phone calls all the time is worse and that somebody would stand in front of my door would be a nightmare.

So to all, never ever give your address to a guy you just met.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
ChicaBianca said:
....he also told me that for picking up the money he needed my full address and phone number. Not sure if that is true because I never tried it, but if so I would never send him even 1 dollar as I do not want him to have my address. But the idea is fabulous:cheeky:

Typical Sankie lie. You're right, if he had your phone number the pressure would be relentless. If he lived near you and knew where you lived he would be at your door constantly.

Sankie Proofing It's an art AND a science. :cool:

Last edited:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Doesn't anyone teach their kids these things any more?

I'm glad I was raised by Sicilians they are by nature suspicious and paranoid :laugh:

You never tell strangers anything. ;)

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
AnnaC said:
Doesn't anyone teach their kids these things any more?

I'm glad I was raised by Sicilians they are by nature suspicious and paranoid :laugh:

You never tell strangers anything. ;)

Omerta

It's like the Irish song inspired by the "Troubles"

Whatever ya say say nuthin