What’s this, payback? British sanky?

GringoRubio

Bronze
Oct 15, 2015
So, just when you thought this thread had breathed it's last breath, ...

I had to double check the picture of the woman to make sure that it wasn't my old downstairs neighbor. She apparently took all the clothes from her "gringo" outside, doused them in gasolina, and set them alight. The gringo is a Brit and not speaking a world of Spanish is now penniless and homeless. He doesn't have a flight home and as far as I know, is cursed with never speaking a word truth.

I have a lot of respect for my old neighbor. She's tough as nails, but also a very decent, level headed person, so I discounted the story that she robbed him of his money. After all, this is the same person that didn't ask me for help after her babies were hungry for several days and crying.

As a rule, I avoid these sad cases that wash up on foreign shores with amazing regularity. I figure the embassy has a process to return them home. (Hopefully, taking their passport in the process).

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
It is so sad to see how the story of the british sanky is unfolding. No wonder he has mental problems. Imagine his own mother has turned her back on him. It does not matter what our children may turn out to be, we should still show love and understanding. Parents tend to dwell on the negative traits but should try to highlight the positive ones. There must be something good about this person he cannot be all bad. Yes, he may need some medical attention. His problems began from way back, but with a lot of work and encouragement he can still make something of himself. Imagine his mother saying she wished he has never been born. Poor man he was looking for love and understanding, instead he was once again rejected. Ok, he was very brave to come here knowing he had nothing. Many people come here and make something of themselves. Being white it would be easier for him to find a job. The lady should not have gone public like that. This only made his situation worse. I imagine that there is someone out there that would accept, love and care for him. He just has been looking in the wrong place. I am happy he is somewhere resting and trying to put himself back together. I wish him all the best .

Would the outcome have been different if he had done the same thing back home? I Doubt it! In his country, do you go "visit" someone you met online and ,without even warning them, just stay there for a month eating their food without contributing anything, with absolutely no repercusión?

Let's keep things real! Not even his own mother would host him for a month.

Alexandradebrian

Jun 8, 2013
How ridiculous

Donna 722  said - Being white it would be easier for him to find a job.

This must be the most stupid quote ever.  He has no papers to get a job.  He speaks no Spanish. He is mentally retarded. What sort of a job do you think he could get. He is an idiot and needs to be in an asylum. Guaranteed he has no passport now.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Why was he allowed a one-way ticket to the DR? Or are British laws different from the US in this regard?

Maybe they were happy to see the back of him, and wished him all the best once he was in his seat on the plane.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Why was he allowed a one-way ticket to the DR? Or are British laws different from the US in this regard?

Maybe they were happy to see the back of him, and wished him all the best once he was in his seat on the plane.

Passengers fly one-way every day of the week. This is not new.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Passengers fly one-way every day of the week. This is not new.

The main airline that flies from the UK to the DR, Thomson, only sells return tickets. If he came with them he is lying about not having a return ticket. However, I am not sure if British Airways (a much more expensive alternative) sells one-way tickets. The other way is to come with a one-way ticket on a foreign airline like Eurowings, as I have done recently.