What Are The Best Business Ventures To Start In The Dominican Republic In 2024?

So based on his responses I thought this guy was not for real. I did my homework and apparently, he is.

Thus, we have an educated professional engaging our community. Welcome, Geovanny.

Please forgive us if we were all suspicious. It is just that your pattern of responses
are not typical for this forum. We are all a bit more cut and dry, getting to the point.

A little of your kindness and understanding is very welcome. Perhaps we could use more of it ourselves. But to overdue it with those you do not know makes us suspicious.

Forgive me for my honesty. I would love to have someone like you as a member here. With your experience and education you do not need to be so polite with us- or as my kids would say- suck up.

We welcome you as you are.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your first impression. As you may have noticed by now, I don't usually engage in back-and-forth interactions that tend to be pointless when they miss the main point by rather focusing on aspects beyond the question the poster initially asked. Therefore, this sort of diplomatic style of mine may come across as politically correct or even to some people, as AI.

I have genuinely been trying to draw attention to the main topic in each one of my first three posts so far but the discussion has found fascination in finding out if I am the person I say I am. Here is the bottom line: Indeed, I am who I say I am and any person interested in verifying this fact can reach out to me directly (DM) through any of my social media accounts (which I've shared before as a goodwill gesture), the one of your choice and you will find the person you are talking to, Geovanny Vicente-Romero.

Having said that, thank you so much for the kind words and for the warm welcome, Lindsey Kaufman.

Reactions: JD Jones
Does it matter if it is him or not. Most posters are anonymous on this forum anyway. I looked at the social media profile. Looks like political content mostly. Would be interesting to read comments about the DR election. And also I saw international politics. So the current Haiti crisis would be interesting. But now I don’t want to go off topic. Apparently according to one moderator I do that a lot.
Thank you for your comment! Here is a piece I wrote on the situation in Haiti. I wrote this at a time when we all thought that the Haitian situation had hit the bottom and there was no turning back. It seems the political conundrum there continues to deteriorate....

Haiti, why is it not important? https://cnnespanol.cnn.com/2019/04/17/haiti-por-que-no-es-importante-opinion-romero/

P.S. Perhaps I should share this piece through a separate thread to get some insights but I am still getting familiar with our community rules. Maybe somebody else can open up this conversation by sharing the link themselves and then we all share our two cents. I can also do it myself if moderators think it's a good idea.

XQT

Dec 7, 2022
Puerto Plata
I am hoping that the OP joins in on discussions with other threads. Given his extensive background, contacts, political knowledge, it would be great to hear some of his opinions. Share some of his knowledge. Many have little interest in business opportunities in the DR due to past experiences and firsthand knowledge of businesses failing. Given the OP's social circle/background/contacts (based on credentials he posted), I am sure he has a wealth of knowledge right there for business opportunities.

If he is as well connected and astute as you claim, why is he soliciting help on a public forum.
We need proof of life, is he a real human or a humanoid bot?

Serious business people do not need to ask business advice on social media.
Nor do they use social media to formulate a business plan.
They may very well use social media to market or influence for their products.
Of course social media is also involved in hybrid wars spreading misinformation.

Increasingly poorly educated people can't discern factual reality from lies.
Many adopt alternate realities to become their life platform.
This of course will not change actual reality, believing the earth is flat or created by gods.

Choose your own reality or enter into Geovanny's astute and well connected world.

What are some business ideas to consider if I were to start a business in the Dominican Republic this year? What about an already well-established franchise business? What if I start my own franchise?

Thanks in advance for all your insights and feel free to contact/DM me through any of my social media credentials below in case you want to pitch an idea/proposal outside this space. Leaving my email account may not be a good idea but my DM is always open on the social platform you feel more comfortable with. I will be happy to discuss it further with you.

Best,

Geovanny Vicente-Romero

P.S. I am open to the possibility of exploring partnership ventures.

Contact info:

Public profile: https://g.co/kgs/Rq4odsu

Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/geovannyvicenteromero/?locale=en_US
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/@GeovannyVicenteRomero
Twitter: https://twitter.com/GeovannyVicentR
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GeovannyVicentR/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/geovannyvicente/
TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@geovannyvicenter

Column for CNN en Español: https://cnnespanol.cnn.com/author/geovanny-vicente-romero/

Reactions: Big

XQT

Dec 7, 2022
Puerto Plata
For both Haitians and Dominican that can speak good English, the website/digital idea is great. That's what I'm trying to get the guys I know who have that aptitude.

To speak English is a bare minimum requirement for business and private life.

Of course the educated world has moved far past just speaking one foreign language.

XQT

Dec 7, 2022
Puerto Plata
I just waiting for him to offer several million dollars if you have a DR bank account. Please give me the account number. Hahaha.

Well, He is looking for business partners to give money for his ventures.
For him to profit, if someone bites.

Put up money to furnish, decorate, get property airB&B ready, do the foot work.
Split profits, of course you are not an owner.
If there are not enough bookings to be profitable, just walk away.

Who profits most?

I have real estate in several countries including the DR and rentals.
I need no partners.
Hands on, including vetting renters. No pirates wanted.

The best appreciation on properties I have in CAN, US, and EU. fantastic returns in the long run and chosen locations.
One can not lose!

Nothing in the DR comes close!
I'm not in the Asian Market.

Reactions: Big

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
One suggestion is senior retirements residences with firsts world country services. Can be for autonomous, semi-autonomous or for seniors with loss of autonomy.

Can be associate with private clinics. Private Clinics here seem to be doing well.

IMO real-estate is saturated here. Health care for foreigners is a growing market and there is no Seniors residences that I know of.

Of course this is for foreigners as in Dominican culture Seniors live with their family.

Also in same content, Assistance to foreigners that come here for medical procedures, like transportation, translation and services during recovery......ect.
I agree, but someone here on the north coast, who has various property interests, had the idea a couple of years ago. He announced the project a couple of years ago in a blaze of publicity with pictures of him with local politicians etc. As of now, I have heard nothing more of the plan and assume it was abandoned. I have no idea why.

Reactions: geovannyvicente
Well, He is looking for business partners to give money for his ventures.
For him to profit, if someone bites.

Put up money to furnish, decorate, get property airB&B ready, do the foot work.
Split profits, of course you are not an owner.
If there are not enough bookings to be profitable, just walk away.

Who profits most?

I have real estate in several countries including the DR and rentals.
I need no partners.
Hands on, including vetting renters. No pirates wanted.

The best appreciation on properties I have in CAN, US, and EU. fantastic returns in the long run and chosen locations.
One can not lose!

Nothing in the DR comes close!
I'm not in the Asian Market.
Nothing further from the truth! I think you are mixing up two different posts I have made with a different purpose each. I don't need somebody else's money. This current post (the one above), I am the one looking into exploring venture ideas to fund them, not the other way around? Since I don't engage in back and forth, I wish you best of luck knowing that it was a pleasure talking to you.

Nothing to be taken personally: people focused on staying within the scope, please feel free to keep adding insights. We can have off-topic interactions another day but remember the following:

Attack the message, not the messenger!

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Does it matter if it is him or not. Most posters are anonymous on this forum anyway. I looked at the social media profile. Looks like political content mostly. Would be interesting to read comments about the DR election. And also I saw international politics. So the current Haiti crisis would be interesting. But now I don’t want to go off topic. Apparently according to one moderator I do that a lot.
Yes, Aarhus it does matter. Representing yourself as someone else is dishonest and is a disservice to DR1. I realize many here are "anonymous" but posing as someone else is another matter. Not saying this is the case here. As I posted previously, I am looking forward to the OP joining in on other threads. Someone with his credentials (which he posted) would most definitely add a wealth of knowledge on various topics.

jaguar86

Aug 4, 2013
I think that Nearshoring will be big in the next couple of years.

• A business that can help companies from the United States make the transition from Asia to Dominican Republic should do good. Even a business that just helps with the legal stuff should be in demand.

• A (staffing agency) business that finds Dominican I.T. and Software Development professionals and matches them with companies in the United States to perform remote work at lower cost. Many companies complain about the quality and skills of the outsourced professional. Therefore these professionals should be vetted, evaluated quarterly and training may even be provided to make sure that they are providing quality work.

I think that Nearshoring will be big in the next couple of years.

• A business that can help companies from the United States make the transition from Asia to Dominican Republic should do good. Even a business that just helps with the legal stuff should be in demand.

• A (staffing agency) business that finds Dominican I.T. and Software Development professionals and matches them with companies in the United States to perform remote work at lower cost. Many companies complain about the quality and skills of the outsourced professional. Therefore these professionals should be vetted, evaluated quarterly and training may even be provided to make sure that they are providing quality work.
Finally, somebody wanted to address the initial question rather than the questioner. Thank you for sharing your ideas. I couldn't agree more!

XQT

Dec 7, 2022
Puerto Plata
Don't be too hard on yourself!
After all everything is connected and everything we do is important.
But I digress...:)

Reactions: aarhus

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Yes, Aarhus it does matter. Representing yourself as someone else is dishonest and is a disservice to DR1. I realize many here are "anonymous" but posing as someone else is another matter. Not saying this is the case here. As I posted previously, I am looking forward to the OP joining in on other threads. Someone with his credentials (which he posted) would most definitely add a wealth of knowledge on various topics.
I didn’t at any point of time think the poster was pretending to be someone he wasn’t. It as if this poster is getting punished for using his real name. Most posters on here are anonymous and you have really no idea who they are. And they sometimes post the most outrageous claims.

• Love
Reactions: geovannyvicente
I didn’t at any point of time think the poster was pretending to be someone he wasn’t. It as if this poster is getting punished for using his real name. Most posters on here are anonymous and you have really no idea who they are. And they sometimes post the most outrageous claims.
Thank you! You can say that again! I am being punished for using my real identity. In other words, I am being censured for not hiding myself behind a mask like most folks here (pseudonym/anonymous). Not matter what I post or what I answer when they question me, they express disapproval. Besides, if my responses come across too politically correct, they would say that my words sound like AI because all they are looking for is confrontation.

I am saying who I am unlike anonymous community members finding fault with all new members share. It does not matter how well-intentioned/well-meaning my posts are, they would take on the poster rather the post and we end up having an off-topic conversation.

Should I be discouraged? I don't think so. The reason I am still hanging around is because I don't give up easily, but not everyone is like me.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
No business should be started in the DR by foreigners.

If you live in US, EU, CAN and have at least an average education you will do financially much better in business there.
With proper structures and laws.

There are of course some exceptions.
In Tourism the large Spanish A.I.'s are well established, including some US chains.
Someone like Playa who is based in the US but also has DR knowledge and connections and who ships to here can make money.

You could grow/export specialty produce and fly it daily to Asia or EU.

If you are looking for a hobby dabble in real estate, tourist rentals, burger and hotdogs stand or a beach bar in Sosua.
They are going for a bargain right now.
You could also invest in Playa Bergantin and build luxury 5* resorts or condos for inflated gringo prices.

If you were to build a railroad connection PUJ, SDQ, STI, POP, for tourism, transit and freight you would also be successful.

For R.O.I I rather stick to the established first world.
Essentially what I tell people:

The DR is a place to come and retire to after you make your money and have a retirement plan from a developed nation.
No matter if you are a Dominican York (from Washington) or just an average pan blanco like myself. Make your money elsewhere.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Again, Aarhus you are missing the point. No one is punishing anyone. Questions arose based on the OP's threads and responses. Being anonymous and using someone's name or posing as that person are two very different things. The OP has responded and obviously this is not the case. Now moving on...

lasalsa

Apr 9, 2008
Let's make the Dominican Republic the largest exporter of Industrial Hemp in the planet. HEMP, not Mari-jane.

We've been working this for about 5 years, and have plenty of land. Farmers could use an alternative crop. 4 cycles a year.

Have you heard of Hempcrete?

Let's connect!

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
If you find the right spot a gasoline station is a gold mine. You would have to have your own truck to transport the fuel.

Last edited:

Buffness

Self-imposed banned🫢
Oct 9, 2014
"What Are The Best Business Ventures To Start In The Dominican Republic In 2024?" .....

👆This question seems to pop up every now and then in DR1, but let's face it, those who really know the best business ventures to start in the DR are probably too busy making it happen to post about it. Remember that 'ice cream vending machine' post from a while back? ...🤔🤔🤔