What Are You Doing For Thanksgiving??

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Going home...Back to the US. Parents are getting old and I have not been back for a bit. I am going to appreciate the time I am going to spend with them. Not sure how many more we will have together. I am looking forward to my dad's stuffing and mom's sweet potato's. And of course my mom will burn the dinner rolls!!LOL..Would not be Thanksgiving without that!!!

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Cambio on every cornor in Sosua.

Thank you so much for that information. And cambios are on every corner in almost every town in DR.
That was not my question. That would be the answer for a question like "Where can I find a cambio in Sosua?" or even, "Are there cambios in Sosua?" or even, "Is there a cambio near Rocky's?"

I'll try it again. Does Rocky's take dollars or only pesos?

SHALENA

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Thank you so much for that information. And cambios are on every corner in almost every town in DR.
That was not my question. That would be the answer for a question like "Where can I find a cambio in Sosua?" or even, "Are there cambios in Sosua?" or even, "Is there a cambio near Rocky's?"

I'll try it again. Does Rocky's take dollars or only pesos?

SHALENA

Rocky's will take Turkish Lira if you had them. Just go and don't worry about anything, they will accommodate you.

Dafishguy

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
Hi folks,

Rocky's accepts RD Pesos, Dollars (Canadian and US), Pounds Sterling and Euros. We try to accommodate everyone's wishes.

As for what I'll be doing come Thanksgiving, I'll be hosting one of the premier Thanksgiving events in Sosua. A real tradition that I am proud to uphold.

This is our kick off event for fund raising for purchasing the presents we give away every New Years Eve to some of the needy children of the North Coast, another Rocky's tradition I am proud to uphold every year which we here at Rocky's could not do if not for the support of the fine folks of DR1, Sosua and many other places. Thank you all.

Our event will start at approximately 2 PM on November 24th and will go until all the food is gone or 6 PM, whichever comes first. (Don't worry, we'll have plenty of food) The cost this year is $499 pesos per person with all excess proceeds going to purchase the gifts. Donations for this purpose will also be accepted during our Thanksgiving dinner and in order for us to know just how many are planning on coming, if you can PM me or come to Rocky's to pre-purchase your ticket for the event, we would be very grateful.

Thank you all in advance.

Take care,

Rick

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Hi folks,

Rocky's accepts RD Pesos, Dollars (Canadian and US), Pounds Sterling and Euros. We try to accommodate everyone's wishes.

As for what I'll be doing come Thanksgiving, I'll be hosting one of the premier Thanksgiving events in Sosua. A real tradition that I am proud to uphold.

This is our kick off event for fund raising for purchasing the presents we give away every New Years Eve to some of the needy children of the North Coast, another Rocky's tradition I am proud to uphold every year which we here at Rocky's could not do if not for the support of the fine folks of DR1, Sosua and many other places. Thank you all.

Our event will start at approximately 2 PM on November 24th and will go until all the food is gone or 6 PM, whichever comes first. (Don't worry, we'll have plenty of food) The cost this year is $499 pesos per person with all excess proceeds going to purchase the gifts. Donations for this purpose will also be accepted during our Thanksgiving dinner and in order for us to know just how many are planning on coming, if you can PM me or come to Rocky's to pre-purchase your ticket for the event, we would be very grateful.

Thank you all in advance.

Take care,

Rick

What's on the menu for the 499rd? Is it buffet style?

SHALENA

Dafishguy

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007

SHALENA

The usual fair, Butter Ball turkeys and stuffing, mashed potatoes with gravy, brussel sprouts, yams, cranberries, desserts. It will be served restaurant style and you should not leave hungry. Hope to see you here.

Rick

FritoBandito

Bronze
Dec 19, 2009

SHALENA

No, when I ate there, they brought out a plate they had prepared in the kitchen......it was turkey, mash pot & gravy, stuffing, vegetable, and cranberry sauce, from what I remember (ate there 2 years ago)

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Thanks......but no mac-n-cheese?!?
Just kidding, I'm sure it'll be fine.

SHALENA

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
No, when I ate there, they brought out a plate they had prepared in the kitchen......it was turkey, mash pot & gravy, stuffing, vegetable, and cranberry sauce, from what I remember (ate there 2 years ago)
You forgot the pie for dessert.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
At home with Butterball turkey, stuffing, green beans, Caesar salad (real anchovie dressing), cranberry sauce, cherry/apricot strudel with whipped cream*...

AND FOOTBALL!!!

*anybody else like the leftover nitrous oxide???:D

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
Hey Rick,

My name is Frank, I work at Jose O'Shay's. I'll be there to enjoy your Thanksgiving's with Rob (retired Airforce pilot/proffesor at Carrol Morgan school in Santo domingo) I've heard nothing but fantastic, great, inspiring things about both you and your place. Look forward to both meeting you and eating your delicious food.

One Warning, however, I eat a lot!

Frank

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Although I am going home I would love to come and take part of Thanksgiving with all of you. It is soooo nice that even past the awesome meal you will have, there will be so much more than just this great meal. What a great way to start this Holiday season. I envy each and everyone of you,taking part of this great yearly event. I praise each and everyone of you for bringing joy to those in need. And also to those who need that extended " family" this Holiday season. This to me is what DR1 is all about.Family..God Bless us all...

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
I am still in possesion of a 1lb pack of 5 year old Canadian Cheddar so Mac N Cheese is a possibility !

Lemons are always are rare commodity and should be enjoyed by all !

Happy Thanksgiving !

See You Soon !

Dafishguy

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
Hey Rick,

My name is Frank, I work at Jose O'Shay's. I'll be there to enjoy your Thanksgiving's with Rob (retired Airforce pilot/proffesor at Carrol Morgan school in Santo domingo) I've heard nothing but fantastic, great, inspiring things about both you and your place. Look forward to both meeting you and eating your delicious food.

One Warning, however, I eat a lot!

Frank

Hi Frank,

Of course, you and Rob are more than welcome to attend. Once you arrive, please introduce yourself. I won't be hard to find. See you soon and don't worry, I'm sure you will not leave hungry. I too have enjoyed the atmosphere at your place on many occasions and will probably recognise you.

Take care,

Rick