What Are You Doing For Thanksgiving??

jim15687

Apr 25, 2011
I will be on the island not sure what I may be doing looks like Rockys is going to be my dinning choice.unless I get brave and deciede to cook

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Forget the hotel. Go to Sam's in Puerto Plata and get a nice turkey dinner. I assume they still have this on Thanksgiving.

Sams Bar in Puerto Plata has closed its doors and gone out of business due to the economic climate. Sams Bar opened in the early 70's as the first Gringo Bar servicing expats in Puerto Plata.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Sams Bar in Puerto Plata has closed its doors and gone out of business due to the economic climate. Sams Bar opened in the early 70's as the first Gringo Bar servicing expats in Puerto Plata.

Sorry to hear this. They used to have Turkey dinners for both US and Canadian Thanksgiving. They had a strange location on a one way side street. I think this hurt them also.

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
They had a strange location on a one way side street. I think this hurt them also.
That was the least of their problems. The place underwent a gradual deterioration as Joanne began to falter in the last few years of her life. Cleaning and maintenance issues were ignored. That was no excuse for the new ownership who took over after Joanne's death to ignore those issues. If they couldn't afford to maintain the premises, they should never have taken it on. The customers were willing to ignore the faults during Joanne's ownership as they knew of the demons which were haunting her. I guess they don't have that same empathy for the new owner.

wmdrandolph

Nov 21, 2011
But what about being stuck in Santo Domingo? Are you aware of a restaurant or hotel that is offering a T'day feast?