What the hell are we here?

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
You saw that too? No my favorite is he lived in Southern California where beautiful women are EVERYWHERE!!! UCLA, USC, San Deigo ST. Also he is a very very wealthy Dominican I think he said he has between 100,000USD and 1,000,000USD to invest in the DR at the age of 26 yrs old. So my question is why would a RICH male regardless of his race make a statement" Dominican women take pride in looking good for their man", when I have witnessed women in Southern Cal look great jogging, playing volleyball, roller blading, sun bathing etc in Southern Cal.

Also if you are a "leg man" like myself some of those women in SC with that golden tan on their legs talk about sexy. Miami women are Ok but SC has them beat by a long shot.

Hm, SC women are missing something on the backside if you know what I mean.. also, have you ever been with a socal woman? I lived with a mex-american girl from the valley for a year and trust me, it's not the same once you have been with them a while. Dominican girls take PRIDE in how they look, the majority of American women let their appearances go after a short while. I don't care if you think I'm somebody else on here, I'm not, and to whoever said I don't understand how forums work is dead wrong. I own an internet marketing forum in the top 500 on alexa US (which dwarfs Dr1.com btw in traffic) and my comments to delete negative posts was just to encourage people to post the positives. Having between 100k and 1mil US is not very very wealthy IMO and would only last me a couple years with my current lifestyle. Anyways, on topic, I love being able to go to the hardware store and be able to find anything literally in seconds, I remember going to home depot and spending an hour looking for an overpriced lightbulb that was the same chinese crap I buy here for 75 cents. I love this country :)

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
Sayanora,
For such a newbie you have strong views - Feb 2012 - is quite recent to have learnt all that or perhaps you are someone else in disguise? You use "We" and say you are Dominican ! Who is the "WE" and no problem with being Dominican - great, it is your country!
As some have said there are pluses + and minuses -! So long as the pluses + outweigh the minuses - then people stay. When they dont they go to where they think the grass is greener!

But to not wanting to hear the minuses in deluding your self and to ask to have them deleted is OTT - for those who dont know that TLA - its "OVER the Top"

Enjoy !

Olly and the Team

Once again, I was referring to not wanting to hear the negatives in THIS thread. 99% of the negatives I read on this site are assimilation issues with my culture so they aren't relevant to people who are pliable in that regard, Chip is the greatest example of someone who understands how to become part of a culture and embrace it, and he reaps the benefit.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
In the USA the motto is ... pay your taxes and die.... and your neighbor is NOT allowed to building A STINKY ZOO NEXT DOOR TO YOU. (the sword cuts both ways.)

I see some people get very touchy.I owned two homes in the states and for everything I wanted to do on
my property it required getting permits.If you own a home in the states,you know this is true and that is
what I was refering to.You can do what you want on your property in the DR and don't have to worry about
permits,that's what I meant.

Yes,you pay property taxes if you own a home in the USA til the day you die.You don't pay your taxes and
your home is put on foreclosure,it's not yours anymore,just like that.

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
Hm, SC women are missing something on the backside if you know what I mean.. also, have you ever been with a socal woman? I lived with a mex-american girl from the valley for a year and trust me, it's not the same once you have been with them a while. Dominican girls take PRIDE in how they look, the majority of American women let their appearances go after a short while. I don't care if you think I'm somebody else on here, I'm not, and to whoever said I don't understand how forums work is dead wrong. I own an internet marketing forum in the top 500 on alexa US (which dwarfs Dr1.com btw in traffic) and my comments to delete negative posts was just to encourage people to post the positives. Having between 100k and 1mil US is not very very wealthy IMO and would only last me a couple years with my current lifestyle. Anyways, on topic, I love being able to go to the hardware store and be able to find anything literally in seconds, I remember going to home depot and spending an hour looking for an overpriced lightbulb that was the same chinese crap I buy here for 75 cents. I love this country :)

can someone hand me a shovel... a BIG one??? the B.S. is getting very deep.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Are you feeling all right?!!
Mat

:) :) :) i am fine. OP wanted positive so i did positive. now, don't get me started on the negative... ;)

i have to say i often wonder how do lonely/single people deal with DR. it is a relief to have a family here and to know you can count on someone in case of problems. in other words, it is great not to have to deal with all things dominican that may flip your balance and turn you into a serious mental case. i go to pay ladronorte bills but when once we have been overcharged miesposo went to argue the case. i would probably show up, try to reason, fume and then black out just to find dead and bloody bodies surround me when i come around.

and yes, i work out. the competition is fierce. my double d's go a long way but the rest of me needs to keep up with it. not size wise, awesome wise :)

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
:) :) :) i am fine. OP wanted positive so i did positive. now, don't get me started on the negative... ;)

i have to say i often wonder how do lonely/single people deal with DR. it is a relief to have a family here and to know you can count on someone in case of problems. in other words, it is great not to have to deal with all things dominican that may flip your balance and turn you into a serious mental case. i go to pay ladronorte bills but when once we have been overcharged miesposo went to argue the case. i would probably show up, try to reason, fume and then black out just to find dead and bloody bodies surround me when i come around.

and yes, i work out. the competition is fierce. my double d's go a long way but the rest of me needs to keep up with it. not size wise, awesome wise :)

I totally understand where you are coming from, there is an older couple that lives nearby, from Germany. Every once in a while they need my help with stuff from the hardware store, medical appointments, car repairs. I can imagine without my help it could be difficult for them since they speak little spanish AND little English. I have her write the stuff to me and I use google translate for them.

JohnnyBoy

Bronze
Jun 17, 2012
can someone hand me a shovel... a BIG one??? the B.S. is getting very deep.

Gotta agree with you on that one. A million bucks only lasts a couple of years? Come on dude.
Women in So Cal let themselves go? The most shallow place in the world where appearance is everything? Yuppie women in the US live in gyms and plastic surgery consultations.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011

Okay you got me there the backside is not SC strong point. Don't you like a varitey of women? I mean if you went into Helados Bon and all they had was Chocalate wouldn't you get bored with that flavor. SC is like 31 flavors. Monday Asian women, Tuesday Mexican women, Wed. African American, Thurs. White women( non blonde) Fri. Blonde white women, Sat a bi-racial women. You can't get this in La Vega.

I have a child with a Mexican woman, but Chicago Mexicans and Cali Mexicans are totally different. Cali Mexican are FINE as hell. Also my mistake I thought you would have much more to do in Southern Cal with money, then you would in DR with money.

You have an US Passport which mean you can go to SDQ then PTY then LAX in a drop of a hat.(always fly Copa Airlines they are the best) I have talked with thousands of Dominicans in DR and the only thing they like about DR is their family, then they will give the longest laundry list why they do not like DR. Expats and Dominican Americans will always see the DR totally different then someone who has never been off the island.

BTW Pretend for a second you grew up on Calle Marcos Del Rosario in Los Mina and never had the pleasure of living your life in Miami and SC, do you think you OP would be the same? C mon sayanora " Listamilk" REALLY!!!! Enjoy your Friday.

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
I think once I stopped trying to make the country change for me and accepted that the country is what it is I started enjoying it more here. Now I just go with the the flow and enjoy it alot more this is not my country and I accept that. I also dislike expats running down everything that is Domincan yes we know its not like your home country and the people can be idiots but hey you chose to live here and I always say to these expats if you learned a little Spanish and adapted a bit to the culture and you will enjoy it way more. I hate how all the expats that live in my country and talk crap about Bermudians when Bermuda is nothing like the DR!!! They are there taking local jobs and living a great life making more money than they would at home !

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
Okay you got me there the backside is not SC strong point. Don't you like a varitey of women? I mean if you went into Helados Bon and all they had was Chocalate wouldn't you get bored with that flavor. SC is like 31 flavors. Monday Asian women, Tuesday Mexican women, Wed. African American, Thurs. White women( non blonde) Fri. Blonde white women, Sat a bi-racial women. You can't get this in La Vega.

I have a child with a Mexican woman, but Chicago Mexicans and Cali Mexicans are totally different. Cali Mexican are FINE as hell. Also my mistake I thought you would have much more to do in Southern Cal with money, then you would in DR with money.

You have an US Passport which mean you can go to SDQ then PTY then LAX in a drop of a hat.(always fly Copa Airlines they are the best) I have talked with thousands of Dominicans in DR and the only thing they like about DR is their family, then they will give the longest laundry list why they do not like DR. Expats and Dominican Americans will always see the DR totally different then someone who has never been off the island.

BTW Pretend for a second you grew up on Calle Marcos Del Rosario in Los Mina and never had the pleasure of living your life in Miami and SC, do you think you OP would be the same? C mon sayanora " Listamilk" REALLY!!!! Enjoy your Friday.

This was one of your finer posts JMB I must admit, I have had the pleasure of testing out different flavors if I may say so myself. I'm not sure what my OP would sound like if I grew up in a barrio in SD. It's definitely not my favorite place in the DR so it would be skewed.

Yea Chi-town mex girls are more hood and cali mex girls are more prep I guess, yea, they're fine. I feel like we have a pretty good variety here in the cibao , the only thing lacking are natural blondes, I'd say prolly 5% or so in the entire cibao area with the highest concentration in constanza. I love the fact I have a completely black uncle people think is haitian and my mom who has blue eyes and blonde hair. I feel like the variety here mixes together much better than in SC. Valley people are all together which includes no dark skinned people, asians are always together, filipinos are always together, it's diverse but I don't really feel they mix together properly. I've dated a few asian girls but it was always hard for me to really hit it off with them.

Why the hate for Listamilk? I think I acquired the taste since I've been coming here since childhood and think it's the best thing ever. When I go to the US the milk tastes just like water to me, and I must say I enjoy fresh cows milk also here, something I could never get in the US. Some other great things I've discovered are chinola dulce (granadilla) and pitaha (dragonfruit) and I didn't know they were produced locally till recently. The only other place I've had granadilla was in Peru and let's not even get started on peruvian girls :) Thanks for the respectful post tho, I enjoyed it.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Uhhh...Chinola is Passion fruit, not grenadillo...JSYK

Song: This is my forum and I'll delete if I want to, delete if I want to.......

HEHEHE

HB

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
sayanora, I must admit ignorance on my part: yeah, when I answered your post about your possibilities of running for the DR presidency. I thought you were serious. And not that I'm serious, anyway, for I have an extensive track record of BS posts myself and, I must say, the all-time record at being banned from DR1 (27 and counting), but one thing always gets me thinking about some DR1 member$: Why on earth would I spend time on an Internet message board if I had between 100 thousand and a million US dollars at my disposal? And at the tender age of 26 to boot! I'd love to read what CCCCcc has to say about your post.

Warning: if you are Miguelitiningo in disguise, then I'll be banned again, but I'll be on you like stink on sh!t.

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
sayanora, I must admit ignorance on my part: yeah, when I answered your post about your possibilities of running for the DR presidency. I thought you were serious. And not that I'm serious, anyway, for I have an extensive track record of BS posts myself and, I must say, the all-time record at being banned from DR1 (27 and counting), but one thing always gets me thinking about some DR1 member$: Why on earth would I spend time on an Internet message board if I had between 100 thousand and a million US dollars at my disposal? And at the tender age of 26 to boot! I'd love to read what CCCCcc has to say about your post.

Warning: if you are Miguelitiningo in disguise, then I'll be banned again, but I'll be on you like stink on sh!t.

I work online so I'm on 14-16 hours a day anyways, might as well jump on here just to chat it up with people who want to learn more about the DR :)

InsanelyOne

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
women actually respect men here, women actually try to look good for their man here

Spoken like a true misogynist. Women here don't respect men... they just put up with their crap. Unlike women in the developed world that actually hold men to some kind of standard. Here they just want to make a baby so they can [hopefully] get some money from the guy.

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
I swear that most of the people on this site are just like the ones I meet at Jose O Shay's in cabarete or rocky's in sosua, live in a whole different DR.

nas

Bronze
Jul 1, 2009
I work online so I'm on 14-16 hours a day anyways, might as well jump on here just to chat it up with people who want to learn more about the DR :)

Are you part of Danilo's administration? DR Ambassador!, nice..