whatr are the hottest clubs!!!!

ITALIAN99

Dec 17, 2008
yes i live here, over 5 years now. Club hopping is not an issue normally but i dont know for new year's eve. For that night i would stick to the area of the hotel - the lounge at ocean world will put on a good party.

Coming into puerto plata, leave the hotel about 9 or 9:30 - start at rancho tipico, then move on to la canita, then terraza caribe and finish at enigma - from there back to your hotel ............ 4 dominican clubs in one night will do you fine......lol

watch your purse at all times - in fact i leave mine at home - out your money in your pocket! Leave your room key at the hotel front desk and just go. Forget the makeup etc etc. You are on vacation and already look great ;)

playa dorada - don't go out until after 11 pm. Start at the plaza where you will find hemingways roadway and the new club coco bongo. If you run out of clubs you can go to paradise hotel to crazy moon. That again should do you for a whole night......

Kyle - thank you darlin.......

so is it a cover for each place? That so funny they have a coco bongo now? Is it like the one in cancun whre they put shows on? Or just a dance club?

sammystorm19

Apr 8, 2007
is there any specific night thats best to goto sosua?

Friday and Saturday nights are the best time to go. With it being the Holiday season there will be more poeple out. The clubs usually don't get really busy till about 1130-1200.

You can also try Club X. It just opened a few months ago and I have only been there a couple of times, but it was busy both times I was there.

Cheers
Erin

ITALIAN99

Dec 17, 2008
friday and saturday nights are the best time to go. With it being the holiday season there will be more poeple out. The clubs usually don't get really busy till about 1130-1200.

You can also try club x. It just opened a few months ago and i have only been there a couple of times, but it was busy both times i was there.

Cheers
erin

what time are the clubs open til? And whats the time difference? Its 8:50a.m. Here in nyc so what time is it there

Charlielyn

Bronze
Jul 31, 2005
Since you are staying at Sun Village, I would suggest going to the Disco at Ocean World for New Years. If you go in to Puerto Plata, it will be difficult to get a taxi after midnight. I did that one New Year's and forgot to book a taxi back to Cofresi (where you are staying) and if it wasn't for a Dominican family member, we would have been stranded in the city. The power went out in the city about 10 min. after midnite and of course everyone was partying and drinking. Even the taxi drivers.

Charlielyn

Bronze
Jul 31, 2005
so is it a cover for each place? That so funny they have a coco bongo now? Is it like the one in cancun whre they put shows on? Or just a dance club?

Yes, but the show is after 1 a.m. It involves Spiderman, at least it did back in April.

sammystorm19

Apr 8, 2007
so if my plane lands at 2:44 pm thats your time right? Or do i add an hour

The time on your flight itinerary is always in local time. It if says on your ticket that you are due to arrive at 244pm that is local time. All you will need to do is swtich your watches ahead a hour.

ITALIAN99

Dec 17, 2008
Since you are staying at Sun Village, I would suggest going to the Disco at Ocean World for New Years. If you go in to Puerto Plata, it will be difficult to get a taxi after midnight. I did that one New Year's and forgot to book a taxi back to Cofresi (where you are staying) and if it wasn't for a Dominican family member, we would have been stranded in the city. The power went out in the city about 10 min. after midnite and of course everyone was partying and drinking. Even the taxi drivers.[/QUO

WHERE DO WE BOOKA TAXI? THROUGH OUR HOTEL? FOR THERE AND BACK?

ITALIAN99

Dec 17, 2008
yes, but the show is after 1 a.m. It involves spiderman, at least it did back in april.

so why do they calli t a disco? Haha thats so funny it reminds me of that movie dont mess with the zohan, its so funny he sais disco disco ! Thats what the israelis call it to lol. Whats the club called at ocean world?

ITALIAN99

Dec 17, 2008
since you are staying at sun village, i would suggest going to the disco at ocean world for new years. If you go in to puerto plata, it will be difficult to get a taxi after midnight. I did that one new year's and forgot to book a taxi back to cofresi (where you are staying) and if it wasn't for a dominican family member, we would have been stranded in the city. The power went out in the city about 10 min. After midnite and of course everyone was partying and drinking. Even the taxi drivers.[/quo

where do we booka taxi? Through our hotel? For there and back?

and exactly how far is it to puerto plata? You make it sound far

ITALIAN99

Dec 17, 2008
most nights in sosua there is something going on....

THANKS ALOT FOR ALL YOUR HELP EVERYONE. I HOPE YOUR NOT SENDING ME TO GET MY KIDNEYS STOLEN OR ANYTHING HAHA! LOL JUST KIDDING I JUST WATCHED TOURISTAS AND THIS RESORT LOOKS LIKE ITS FROM THAT MOVIE. ANY WAY THANKS ALOTlaugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

ITALIAN99

Dec 17, 2008
Good tours

So besides the clubs, whats the best thing to do during the day?
Like tours or anything?
Dont waanna scuba dive or anything but maybe a good tour,

ITALIAN99

Dec 17, 2008
Like isnt there some mountain with a waterfall or something to tour? Do i have to walk though? Im scared bigtime of snakes!

ITALIAN99

Dec 17, 2008
Also to is my resort good? It got alot of good reviews on expedia alot of 5's out of 5. But is it decent size or really small. Need some more details

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
The club at Ocean World is called The Lighthouse Lounge. It is only a few minutes from your hotel and probably the only one that is similar to what you are envisioning, if you are comparing it at all to NYC or Miami. It is all white with loungers, chairs, couches, etc, and everyone dresses up..at least a bit. The last time I was there they charged 100 or 200 pesos (about $3 or $6)...that included a "free" drink. There will most likely be a larger cover on NYE, but it will be a HUGE party.

Playa Dorado is about 15-20 minutes away by taxi. This is the only place you can really bar-hop, besides Sosua. It sounds like this will be the best place for you to party...if the bars charge a cover, it shouldnt be more than $5 or so.

Sosua is another 20-30 minutes past Playa Dorada, but it's not worth the drive from Sun Village...especially for couples.

The closing times for bars are usually lifted between Xmas and New Years so the bars can stay open as late as they want.

The biggest party in the area will be at the beach in Cabarete (several 1000 people, bars open all night)...but that is about an hour's drive from Sun Village...and I wouldn't want to be driving ANYWHERE here on NYE/NYmorning.

The local bars and clubs are fun...and interesting, especially around the holidays, but will be NOTHING like you are probably expecting.

You can book taxis from the hotel, and they can arrange return trips.

From what I here, Sun Village has gone downhill a bit, but it is a very nice resort, but a little remote...most other resorts are near other resorts, this one is by itself. It's also very spread out so you will walk alot and you have to take alot of steps down the cliffs to get to the beach.

There are many great day trips/tours, including one that takes you to a place called the 27 waterfalls (Damagua Falls). You can book them at your hotel...but the prices will be better if you book it outside of the resort.

There are no snakes in the DR...at least none to be afraid of ;)

Good luck and have fun!