What's this about the Political Parties???

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
rellosk said:
There is no way Haliburton is losing money on any government contract! Unless possibly you include the legal fees, fines, etc.
Read any of their Annual Reports lately?

So how do you know?

Speculation?

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
cobraboy said:
Read any of their Annual Reports lately?
Yes, I've read their Annual Reports. I used to own stock in the company.

cobraboy said:
So how do you know?
Speculation?
Of course it is speculation (as is the other side of the discussion). Annual statements don't break out true financials by project. But, a company as good as Halliburton doesn't loose money on a government contract.

Since this is not DR related and has nothing to do with the OP, feel free to PM me if you want to discuss it further.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
rellosk said:
Yes, I've read their Annual Reports. I used to own stock in the company.

Of course it is speculation (as is the other side of the discussion). Annual statements don't break out true financials by project. But, a company as good as Halliburton doesn't loose money on a government contract.

Since this is not DR related and has nothing to do with the OP, feel free to PM me if you want to discuss it further.
No prob. I guess it was DR related when someone brought Haliburton up as a convenient political whipping boy.

Silly me for setting the record straight.

In case you recent 2004 copy is tattered, here is the online version:

http://www.halliburton.com/ir/hal_2004ar.pdf

Let me ask you this: who would you rather build a power plant, a subway, a new island off the coast, a highway, hospital, or any other major DR project in terms of quality/price/timeliness-Haliburton, or Dominican/European companies?

Again, I'm not shilling. I just KNOW people are blowing it out their a$$es with the ever-popular sport of trashing a company like Haliburton as a cheap way for political criticism.

Last edited:

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
cobraboy said:
Let me ask you this: who would you rather build a power plant, a subway, a new island off the coast, a highway, hospital, or any other major DR project in terms of quality/price/timeliness-Haliburton, or Dominican/European companies?
Depends on what particular Dominican/European company we are comparing Haliburton to.

Would you mind sharing what companies you had in mind?

-NAL

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Nal0whs said:
Depends on what particular Dominican/European company we are comparing Haliburton to.

Would you mind sharing what companies you had in mind?

-NAL
None in particular; it was a rhetorical question. Those who are their peers (by any measure) make a very, very short list.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
rellosk said:
And exactly how did you do that?
For knowing so much, you know so little.

I guess ranting pontification is more fun.

Please carry on.