what's up with Hexenkessel in Cabarete?

Status
Not open for further replies.

appleman

Dec 18, 2003
Yesterday it was serving food, today it is gutted.Nothing left inside. Are they remodeling or gone out of business?

bob

appleman

Dec 18, 2003
Remodeling

I went by later this morning and they posted signs that they are remodeling.

cdnresident

Jan 7, 2010
bueno!!!!!!!!! you are jocking, please tell me you are jocking. Because I know you are a serous guy.

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
Hexenkessel sucks...

but its the only alternative when u r hungry at 4 AM. It was quite good 7 or so years ago

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
but its the only alternative when u r hungry at 4 AM. It was quite good 7 or so years ago

Indeed. How often in Cabarete was a restaurant good at the beginning and just went down hill from there?
I would say often.

I'm slow. What is a "Nikki" effect if you are speaking of Nikki Beach in Cabarete?
:cheeky:
Pleaaaase, Nikki Beach is the worst place I've eaten at, service zero, the sommelier was questioning my choice of wine and how I like to drink it as he was paying the tab. I don't mind paying, but not to have somebody listen to himself talking instead of listening to the client. I will stick with Lionel of O la vache in Sosua and his good humour.
So where to eat in Cabarete?

JessicaRabbit

Sep 21, 2009
Otra Cosa! only place in cabarete with good food and service (but pricey). Located on the right from hotel Velero, behind supermarket Janet. They are open only for dinners (after 6 i think).

Agree with thought that Nikki sucks, had 3 meals there didnt like any :(

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
The German Restaurant down the road from the Codetel Tower had great food at reasonable prices. And you can bring your own wine with no extra charge. See Ricardo the owner and tell him the other Ricardo sent you.

If you like Pork order #108. If you don't like it I will pay for it. I mean it.

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
:cheeky:
Pleaaaase, Nikki Beach is the worst place I've eaten at, service zero, the sommelier was questioning my choice of wine and how I like to drink it as he was paying the tab. I don't mind paying, but not to have somebody listen to himself talking instead of listening to the client. I will stick with Lionel of O la vache in Sosua and his good humour.
So where to eat in Cabarete?

Hilarious.

Ok, Acira, the sommelier/wine steward if you prefer, who happened to be there at the begining before going to Las Vegas was obnoxious. Some people should never be permitted to leave France. Not trying to be anti French, but this guy upsetted the whole group by his agressivity. There is a line between transmitting knowledge and imposing it on patrons.

tomas2

Nov 29, 2005
Wasn't Hexenkessel the place where the ex-pat owner got murdered a couple of years ago (in Pro Cab...pretty grisly, even by Dominican standards, guy beaten to death...wife...well...seriously assaulted)? If so, I thought heard it was related to a dispute over ownership of the place. Apparently the ownership issue must have gotten straightened out with his passing.

I never did hear if someone was held accountable for it though (other than a couple of non-Gringos getting arrested that were clearly on someone's payroll, wanting some ?papers?, an unusual request for occupied home robberies in the DR, mostly they accept only cash).

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Ok, Acira, the sommelier/wine steward if you prefer, who happened to be there at the begining before going to Las Vegas was obnoxious. Some people should never be permitted to leave France. Not trying to be anti French, but this guy upsetted the whole group by his agressivity. There is a line between transmitting knowledge and imposing it on patrons.

Don't take it personal LaLouve. I was just in a sarcastic mood and that word 'sommelier' just jumped out for me.
Good he is gone because a real sommelier would never impose in such a way on a customer, he can suggest another wine based on his knowledge in a friendly, calm manner. A real sommelier can do that because he knows his wines, is experienced and is passionate about them. So the guy you describing and with his behavior, I would hardly describe him as a sommelier hence the remark, you gave him too much credit and I am sorry he spoiled your evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.