What's YOUR country famous for?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i do not even know where them caribbean countries be. jamaica, yes. but them small places? nope.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
see? me dumb. just 1/3 smaller than poland. and there i was thinking it was a tiny splotch of land.

delite

Bronze
Oct 17, 2006
you are all liars to claim you know all this stuff without google.

what d'ya know about poland, off the bat? dead pope don't count.

I remember Lech Walesa(sp) as a common electrician trying to assemble workers in a union. I vividly remember that freaky general, always in dark shades ruling with an iron fist. That guy was creepy looking. I remember the Soviet occupation and how they were always instrumental on crushing dissent whenever the workers advocated for their rights.

Lech later became president of the country. I admire the fighting spirit he brough to the struggle. This Google phenomena has created a class of people who are really dimwits pretending to be studious. :)

delite

Bronze
Oct 17, 2006
Guyana is a biiig place...

Eighty three thousand square miles, divided up into three counties...Berbice, Demerara, and Essequibo. Populated with roughly 849,000 people comprising of Indians (36%), African (32%), Portuguese (8%), Chinese (2%), Native (5%), Mixed (17%).

Exports: Rice, sugar, bauxite, timber, gold, diamond, :)

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Eighty three thousand square miles, divided up into three counties...Berbice, Demerara, and Essequibo. Populated with roughly 849,000 people comprising of Indians (36%), African (32%), Portuguese (8%), Chinese (2%), Native (5%), Mixed (17%).

Exports: Rice, sugar, bauxite, timber, gold, diamond, :)

i love a coolie gal...

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Thanks for the lesson. I'm familiar with the Rahamans and Kit Nascimento. I came of age in the seventies and the occurrences. You're old school bro :)

i must be...you keep reminding me..lol. Van Sertima raced in the mid seventies, and beyond.

delite

Bronze
Oct 17, 2006
i must be...you keep reminding me..lol. Van Sertima raced in the mid seventies, and beyond.

I'm more familiar with the Mings, Rahamans, Vieira, and Bahadoos in the 1970s. I've been to the track a few times myself. Bushy Park in Barbados is a popular track where Guyanese have a history of winning. :)

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Lots of them in Queens New York; specifically Richmond Hill. Some on Long Island and the Bronx. I heard in Cockburnpen Jamaica, there are quite a few, no? :)

lots of them in Jamaica, since they had the same post slavery history of Indian indentured labor. not to the extent of Trini and Guyana, but very many. why do you think Jamaica is famous for curry goat?

many coolie girls up in the area between Hillside and Jamaica Avenues in Queens, too, in the 200 Street area.