When does a dominican American (morenos) become an African American or Puerto Rican?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aleco

Apr 28, 2005
It always baffles me when I see a first-generation/non-European American simply dismisses the struggle that black people had to go through to be accepted as equal US citizens, be allowed to vote; hence, influenced changes to U.S. immigration laws so that these non-European foreigners can come to this great land of freedom (at least legally)… I for one, as a non-European American, will always be grateful to all the black blood that was shed, and young black lives that were scarified so my non-European children and I can have the opportunity of a decent live in this country. Don’t they realize that, to this day, some of the good folks that are running this country (if they could get away with it) would try to pass legislations to send their brown a$$es back to the beloved land of their non-European ancestors by the boat loads in a jiff! I say to all those new breed of third-world foreigners that are coming here (now that it’s allowed), don’t spend your energy worrying about how black Americans define themselves in their own land; instead, spend the little free time you have (after putting those long under-appreciated/under-paid hours for the MAN), worry about your own a$$es.

To my Latino brothers and sisters, I say please don’t get caught in the hype!

Status
Not open for further replies.