Where Do You Find The Overstay Chart

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
This "New" is about 3 years old now. Who did the percentages - a DR math teacher?

This is the chart that they quoted my son. And it was exactly what he paid (4 months= $4000). So whether it be 3 years old or more this is what we paid approx. 4 weeks ago. As for the math...no clue

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
I can still come and go on the regulachion visa free for anouther 9 mounths. How knows what well happen after that with this thing I got in my Passport . Probably just expire and that well be the end of that whole joke of a operathion.

jimmythegreek

Bronze
Dec 4, 2008
This is the chart that they quoted my son. And it was exactly what he paid (4 months= $4000). So whether it be 3 years old or more this is what we paid approx. 4 weeks ago. As for the math...no clue

RD$11,000 paid at SDQ in December-2016 for a 35 month stay.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
This overstay chart is the big difference between most Haitians and Venezuelans. *The Venezuelans fly in and go through immigration like all other non residents, while most Haitians do not. *The same way jimmythegreek stayed 3 years, so can the Venezuelans. *Of course, like the rest of non-residents, they can't work legally. *

IMO, as long as the overstay chart exists, no one has to worry about deportation, unless they entered illegally*

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
This overstay chart is the big difference between most Haitians and Venezuelans. *The Venezuelans fly in and go through immigration like all other non residents, while most Haitians do not. *The same way jimmythegreek stayed 3 years, so can the Venezuelans. *Of course, like the rest of non-residents, they can't work legally. *

IMO, as long as the overstay chart exists, no one has to worry about deportation, unless they entered illegally*

Amen. A voice of reason to a topic that makes many posters shake in fear or worse inflate the truth. I really wonder if many posters have ever had any type of contact with Dominicans before they touched Dominican soil? Many questions and fears, as well as legitimate concerns would have been easily eliminated.

jimmythegreek

Bronze
Dec 4, 2008
And to think you weren't rounded up in the middle of the night, or snatched off the beach, or out of a colmado, or off a bar stool somewhere by the Immigration Commandos. Who knew?

Heck, there wasn't even any questioning about it going through immigration at the airport-the only request was go to the cashier and pay the $RD11,000 and come back to the desk with the receipt and on your way to the gate-end of story.-have a nice day.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
I can still come and go on the regulachion visa free for anouther 9 mounths. How knows what well happen after that with this thing I got in my Passport . Probably just expire and that well be the end of that whole joke of a operathion.

Hey Chef, you and I are in the same boat.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
Heck, there wasn't even any questioning about it going through immigration at the airport-the only request was go to the cashier and pay the $RD11,000 and come back to the desk with the receipt and on your way to the gate-end of story.-have a nice day.
My exact situation, The lady smiles and said thank you, whenever I pay the $2500 pesos. Its only about the money.............

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007

Exactly. That's like $240, or about seven bux a month for a nearly three year overstay. Not exactly the worst treatment ever....

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
If overstaying was illegal they would not have a fee at the airport for this.

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
s

So you just pay the overstay fee .... And don't worry about being in the country illegal*

You are not "illegal" due to the fact that you overstayed a tourist card, because the Dominican government has a system in place that addresses this. Paying the departure fee upon leaving. If this system, which is their's, was not in place, than you may be considered illegal as in other countries. Do not confuse other countries' immigration laws with DR's. Every country is different. Again, this is their system.
Now, the term "illegal" would apply to EWI's. EWI's are the same the world over, in that you Enter Without Inspection. This applies when a border or immigration officer of that respective country did not inspect/register/or whatever their system accounts for regarding your documents (passport, etc) and you. If you arrive in the DR and obtain the 30 day tourist card, and overstay the 30 days, you are not considered "illegal", rather that you have just overstayed your tourist card and have to pay the fee upon departure. If you enter the DR under the cover of darkness, through the hills of the Haiti/DR border, in, in back of, under, or on top of a vehicle, on a yola or any other type of inflatable/floating device or even decide to parachute in, and are not inspected by a border or immigration officer.....then you are illegal. Also, if you enter the country through one of the checkpoints...border, airport, etc.....with falsified documents....then you are illegal as well. Simply overstaying 30 days is not the end of the world. Try it, you'll like it. Just remember to have cash pesos on you upon departure. No credit cards accepted.

Last edited:

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
s

So you just pay the overstay fee .... And don't worry about being in the country illegal*

you are not illegal, when overstaying your tourist visa, but the meter is running on the fee owed when you check out.......In fact I am sure they love it at the airport when you pay your fee, same as most things in DR its all about the $$$$$$..................

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
Thank you very much understood very clear now....one more question. When you enter legal via a check point can you stay as long as you want ? * *
??????????????????????????
Come for 30 days. On the 29th, return to this message board for info. I'm done. Benny Hill Theme Song once again please.