where to take a date/things to do in santiago

alaska1986

forgot to mention ive been here a few weeks and already spent several hundreds at lovera
its a great party im just kind of looking for another spot lol
I saw a post from march that mentioned Moma, Level, Soho, Dubai, Vicci Room, La Luna, Sajhara, a bit more barrio - 22 and Lovera. Ahi bar Aloha del Sol and Vintage Pure club im assuming those are still the spots
Im assuming those are still the spots
Lovera Bar

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
your observations are spot on the middle class dominicans want mcpollo and kfc and fridays i dont get it..the chain food is below average in the states..i prefer local cuisine...i guess im looking for somewhere that may bridge the gap..some american food with some dominican food selections

The absolute best plato del dia to me in all of santiago is a place called el gusto familiar, it's on 27 de febrero east of estrella sadhala 2 km or so.. get the bistec encebollado, absolutely delicious and I know the owners and it's all very hygienic compared to other places that offer food at those prices.

alaska1986

so you are saying I cant pull a chick from a nice neighborhood or are you saying the odds are against me lol. some of the girls i meet arent drooling when i take them out actually they are quite content and well behaved and quite busy during the week helping with their or their parents businesses and appear to be doing quite well in life. this is my first time in santiago but not my first time in your country i think this is trip number 5 or so
I'm loathe to admit it, but Zeeber is correct.

If the OP doesn't know that much about Santiago, odds are astronomical his GF is someone who would appreciate one of the finer restaurants in the city. You don't want to go to Pez Dorado and have your chica start ordering camarones because the telenovelas told her it was a high-end meal.

Take her to an american-branded fast-casual spot like AZB mentioned, then to a local concert or to dance. You'll do more than just fine.

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
so you are saying I cant pull a chick from a nice neighborhood or are you saying the odds are against me lol. some of the girls i meet arent drooling when i take them out actually they are quite content and well behaved and quite busy during the week helping with their or their parents businesses and appear to be doing quite well in life

If you were born in 1986, you gotta ignore most of what's posted on these forums about which girls you can or can't get.. lol.. most guys here are 50+ with beer guts and a few failed marriages :) If you are good looking and well mannered, you don't need to know a lot about the city, take it easy and have fun. Speaking spanish doesn't hurt either btw.

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
On autopista duarte on the way towards la vega, when you see la sirena on the left, the cibao alley is like 2 km away on the right hand side..

Its a bit closer to La Sirena: no more than 300-500 meters.

I think AZB's and rafael guidelines are right on the money where it applies to DR and Santiago specifically. Gotta go with the flow and certain spots are it for local chicas, and it doesnt matter how good/bad the same restaurants in the US are, the values are different in DR. TGIF gets a decent crowd of young university girls - I personally avoid it because of their crappy service and mediocre food and poor drinks, but Tony Romas is solid in my book on all those counts.

ZEUS

Bronze
Feb 14, 2003
Try Max's Delicias for a nice sandwich.. It's in back of el monumento.. heading out of the city... Stop Zeus, Ya' dig?

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Love to. I'm a regular. Addicted to it. I do like to bring along a little arm candy, it strokes my ego. First round is on me.

OK great, a DR1 outing. Pauleast just has to name the date, time and exact location. What's the most expensive drink they serve there?

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Any update on how the date went?? Curious minds want to know......

i am afraid to inform the date went horribly wrong. the OP mistakenly took "Chopo" pauleast's advice and took his date to the Gallera to see a cock fight. Not only he ended up losing all his vacation money on the bets, he ended up betting his girlfriend on the last fight and lost her too. I have a feeling this guy will go Postal on Pauleast. If I were you guys, I would stay away from santiago for a few days.
AZB

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
i am afraid to inform the date went horribly wrong. the OP mistakenly took "Chopo" pauleast's advice and took his date to the Gallera to see a cock fight. Not only he ended up losing all his vacation money on the bets, he ended up betting his girlfriend on the last fight and lost her too. I have a feeling this guy will go Postal on Pauleast. If I were you guys, I would stay away from santiago for a few days.
AZB

Thank You ADHD for following my posts and advice. I am flattered.
See you around the peleas de gallos. Ever Saturday and Sunday, if I'm not golfing.

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
I bet he is still in the cabana . Any way at least I hope he is. So tell me where are the cock fights now ?
The place I ustogo to is closed . Ooo and try sushi YA I am having a late lunch there as I tipe this.

alaska1986

Any update on how the date went?? Curious minds want to know......

the date went exceptionally well..we went to tony romas then had some drinks at terramor, went upstairs to soho for a while then cruised by the momunent and took a peak at ahi bar. That place by the momument i think its called puerta de sol or something is pricy when they add in all the taxes and stuff but it was a great date to say the least and know im spending much more time with her.

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
U R A lucky guy to score in Santiago . My hat is off to you . I have never been so lucky here. Enjoy man .