Which Clubs/Disco's In Puerto Plata

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
I see what you mean Kyle, ballroom teachers are good they are just very structured. Here the locals don't need to be "taught" they already know how to dance....LOL The style here is much more fluid, much less structured. I can dance either way and enjoy both.

What I meant by backwards - the way you were taught the men go forward on their left foot - correct? Here they go forward on their right foot on a basic! They do most moves inthe opposite direction you are used to.

yes i see the "backwardness" of my dominican dance partner :laugh:

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Kyle - you are quoting from the old thread.....LOL I'm still waiting for you to dance with me!!!

BGF

Oct 10, 2010
Resurrection!

LOL, why start another salsa thread when there is one already?

Just need an update on POP, Sosua, and Cabarete clubs. Is there a club that plays 70% salsa and 30% bachata, merengue, and cha cha? If anyone has been to Boston's salsa circuit such as Havana Club or Ryles will know what I am talking about.

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
In a word, no.

If you want to dance salsa, the best you will find are places like La Canita and Terraza Caribe which mix it in about equally with merenge, bachata and reggeaton.

Feb 15, 2005
Like Bachata very much myself. I'm living in Sosua, and don't think Salsa is getting popular. Think it's only played for satisfying tourists, never met a Dominican that likes it.

The only reason the one's you know don't like it it's because they can't dance it. In New York some of the best on2 dancers in the world are Dominicans.

Bachata is an easy dance, so is merengue. Salsa is much more complex and requires you to also be able to free style alone. However, Dominican love Salsa as well, trust me

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
The only reason the one's you know don't like it it's because they can't dance it. In New York some of the best on2 dancers in the world are Dominicans.

Bachata is an easy dance, so is merengue, hellooo. Salsa is more complex and in DR it's catching real real fast.

Agree ! Been going to a school, here in NYC, run by a Dominican, he travels all over the world thanks to his dancing and make quite a good living doing it.

BGF

Oct 10, 2010
Thanks, sweetdbt. So I hear it is La Canita and Terraza Caribe in POP that has at least some salsa. Do the women know how to follow on-1 salsa?

Status
Not open for further replies.