Who Really Kill Trujillo?????

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
There are several tales on who or what help kill El Generalisimo Trujillo, one of them even mention the "Italian Mafia", but the real thing is that the CIA kill Trujillo and used Dominicans that were very, very unhappy with Trujillo also at the time the Dominican Republic had an embargo by the all mighty USA (just like Cuba today) several groups in the Dominican society were unhappy with "El Jefe", the economy was no longer what it was during the 50's, the killing of the Mirabal sister, the killing of Jesus de Galindez and the attent to kill the them Venezuela President Romulo Betancourt had everybody in Latin America and the USA mad at Trujillo plus.

The US goverment was worried that Trujillo was going to became anothe Fidel in the Caribe and seek help from the them "USSR" and became another enemy in their back yard.

Let me expose some knowns that contradict some of the basic reasons why the event took place based upon your post above...

Trujillo was a dictator that used terror and a well-oiled repression machinery in the form of the National Police, Armed forces, State institutions and private citizens in covert operations.

The idea that any person would commit to planning, discussing or meeting any foreign or national entity or person due to the issues that you marked as factors to the demise of Trujillo, is not feasible from that stand point.

You have to understand that Trujillo did kill any person that was suspected of plotting against his ruling/person right after his goons tortured the person to obtain information to the extend of associates believed to be involved, along with the immediate extension of his family when given the chance that such members could become further involved after their sibling?s demise.

No person that wasn't closely related or under a direct and insurmountable death sentence by his regime, would have acted in the manner that you describe above for the reasons that made it a must to eliminate the man.

The attempt by Trujillo's order on Venezuela's Betancourt, Galindez kidnapping and killing, the economic situation of the people in the DR were not any motive for a private person to join in the plot to kill the Chivo.

If you do investigate some more into the private lives of the persons that were involved in his killing, you'll find that most were already in the line to be victims of his machinery one way or another.

The military members of the plot were subjects of repeated purges and torture just like any civilian and with more chances of it too.

The civilians were not immune of the limbs of this regimen; neither were their immediate next of kin.

The plot against Trujillo was born out of the self preservation will that makes a person face imminent death to either be free from the threat or die fighting, unlike most victims ever have a chance to.

One must fill these shoes to understand the weight that was put on their shoulders, should the plot fail miserably. They had to take under account that their own circle of family and close friends were going to be a target of the homicidal machinery once their identity was known.

The only thing that they never planned for or failed to prepare for, was that the aftermath of their success on their plot would create a national manhunt and no place was going to be safe for them once the first shot was fired.

But, it's history that shows that desperate people don't plan for tomorrow when their "today" is sure to be their last.

The US had allowed a regimen to evolve right under their nose in the Caribbean. One that was proving to be a hot potato to handle unlike Cuba politically and in the local public opinion. Trujillo had made the SIM kin to the CIA covert operations that were proved by his longevity and untouchable stance for so long after his fall from grace in the US.

Let's just say that the US President had a daily report of the world status every morning in the white house, Trujillo had the "YouTube" of today with the "CNN" to back it up with.

Trujillo's demise was not the result of any event that was happening to the people of the DR or US, Venezuela, Cuba or else. It was the culminating point of decades of criminal and despotic ruling over a vastly poor and uneducated people that feared their children future more than his present reign of terror at the time.

When Amiama Tio was asked why they did it, he had this to say: It had to be done, he had to be put down! So it was also echoed by Barrera.

Tallman1818

Nov 19, 2007
Primo I think you might be confusing Juan Bosch with Trujillo. Bosch was the one that the US though might take the DR towards communism as he was being compared to Fidel at the time.Trujillo and Fidel may be dictators but had totally different political philosophies. Trujillo was a hater of communism par excellence.

sorry for divergence

Primo, I am not confusing one with another, the son of Trujillo's drive and the son of one of Trujillo's " Calie" or informan to the SIM told me the story that his father told him.

Tallman1818

Nov 19, 2007
Let me expose some knowns that contradict some of the basic reasons why the event took place based upon your post above...

Trujillo was a dictator that used terror and a well-oiled repression machinery in the form of the National Police, Armed forces, State institutions and private citizens in covert operations.

The idea that any person would commit to planning, discussing or meeting any foreign or national entity or person due to the issues that you marked as factors to the demise of Trujillo, is not feasible from that stand point.

You have to understand that Trujillo did kill any person that was suspected of plotting against his ruling/person right after his goons tortured the person to obtain information to the extend of associates believed to be involved, along with the immediate extension of his family when given the chance that such members could become further involved after their sibling?s demise.

No person that wasn't closely related or under a direct and insurmountable death sentence by his regime, would have acted in the manner that you describe above for the reasons that made it a must to eliminate the man.

The attempt by Trujillo's order on Venezuela's Betancourt, Galindez kidnapping and killing, the economic situation of the people in the DR were not any motive for a private person to join in the plot to kill the Chivo.

If you do investigate some more into the private lives of the persons that were involved in his killing, you'll find that most were already in the line to be victims of his machinery one way or another.

The military members of the plot were subjects of repeated purges and torture just like any civilian and with more chances of it too.

The civilians were not immune of the limbs of this regimen; neither were their immediate next of kin.

The plot against Trujillo was born out of the self preservation will that makes a person face imminent death to either be free from the threat or die fighting, unlike most victims ever have a chance to.

One must fill these shoes to understand the weight that was put on their shoulders, should the plot fail miserably. They had to take under account that their own circle of family and close friends were going to be a target of the homicidal machinery once their identity was known.

The only thing that they never planned for or failed to prepare for, was that the aftermath of their success on their plot would create a national manhunt and no place was going to be safe for them once the first shot was fired.

But, it's history that shows that desperate people don't plan for tomorrow when their "today" is sure to be their last.

The US had allowed a regimen to evolve right under their nose in the Caribbean. One that was proving to be a hot potato to handle unlike Cuba politically and in the local public opinion. Trujillo had made the SIM kin to the CIA covert operations that were proved by his longevity and untouchable stance for so long after his fall from grace in the US.

Let's just say that the US President had a daily report of the world status every morning in the white house, Trujillo had the "YouTube" of today with the "CNN" to back it up with.

Trujillo's demise was not the result of any event that was happening to the people of the DR or US, Venezuela, Cuba or else. It was the culminating point of decades of criminal and despotic ruling over a vastly poor and uneducated people that feared their children future more than his present reign of terror at the time.

When Amiama Tio was asked why they did it, he had this to say: It had to be done, he had to be put down! So it was also echoed by Barrera.

Let me say that if this discussion was about JFK, I will say you are "rigth" but this is about Trujillo, the person that I have study the most, I gone into small towns, in DR chat with people that "work" for him and even chatted with some of the women that share a bed with him; The Dominican people felt that his had to be put down that is true, but the real plot came from the CIA and it originated in the "White House" with US goverment direct order, the raise to power of Fidel in Cuba put an end to the regime of Trujillo, who by the way was trained by the all mighty USA, during the 1916 US invacion to the DR, but Trujillo when above and beyond and was NO longer seen as a USA friend or someone they (USA) like to use anymore, Trujillo was offer several times to live the DR and to move his fortune (the 10th biggest at the time, in the world) alone with his family, cows, horser and everything else he love to "Florida" and he said that "only in a box they get him out of here" (DR).
The CIA send several agents undercover to "Work" in the US embassy them to group Dominicans that oppose Trujillo and have him kill.

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
The fall of Trujillo was a plan that went into effect due to the rising effects of his criminal hands reaching into the very fabric of the military and civil society of the DR.
After the killing of the Mirabal sisters by his orders, many saw the culmination of the real Era this man represented to all Dominicans.

PICHARDO

But one of the Mirabal sisters is still alive, she brought up the children of the other sisters that died, she lives quietly on the North Coast, is this not so?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
..and lives in the family homestead in Ojo de Agua, Salcedo, not on the north coast.

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
The fall of Trujillo was a plan that went into effect due to the rising effects of his criminal hands reaching into the very fabric of the military and civil society of the DR.
After the killing of the Mirabal sisters by his orders, many saw the culmination of the real Era this man represented to all Dominicans.

PICHARDO

But one of the Mirabal sisters is still alive, she brought up the children of the other sisters that died, she lives quietly on the North Coast, is this not so?

The surviving sister "Belgica de la Cruz Mirabal" a.k.a. Dede, lives in Ojo de agua, Salcedo.
She lived in the same house after the sisters death for a long time, until it was decided to turn it into a museum... She lives close by to it.

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
A Day like today in 1961 Trujillo was killed, many speculate as to who was the intellectual mind behind it, was it the US or just Dominicans who were sick and tired of his abuses? I don't know the answer but I do know that last night was a very special night at Caliope on Dyckman in Washington Hghts, NYC. In a room full of Dominican expats discussing the rise of Trujillo into power, some thought that the US helped him into power but Lic.Apolinar Matos thinks that Trujillo worked his way up all on his cunning ways. Trujillo only made it to the 3rd grade, he says but he still was able to eliminate and move his way into power.

Tonight there will be two more discussions commemorating his death
1828 Amsterdam Ave btw 150-151 3rd floor and
its supposed to be at 7PM

Caliope Libreria
170 Dyckman
NYC
its supposed to be at 8pm

Last nite it was going to start at 8pm but it was about 9 when they started the poetry reading and then went into showing some photographs of the Trujillo Era, tonight i heard they will be showing a film.

Pana

Feb 12, 2005
If some of you do not think that the USA had a part in taking out Trujillo than I have bridge to sell you :surprised. The USA has always had it's hand in the the cookie jar of the Western Hemisphere!!!!!!

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
If some of you do not think that the USA had a part in taking out Trujillo than I have bridge to sell you :surprised. The USA has always had it's hand in the the cookie jar of the Western Hemisphere!!!!!!
How much do you want for the bridge?

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003

I'm always on the look out for bargains!
Can I place toll booths on each way?

I'll trade you Samana Bay for your bridge without compensation! Don't miss this great deal!

THE CIA, FBI, NSA, AREA 51, USA, US of A, EE.UU. Didn't have anything to do with the killing of Trujillo that day or the days after when associates of the Heroes tried to secure safe conduits via the US Embassy to the exterior...

The USA couldn't kill Fidel Castro for decades, Trujillo was better protected than the President of the USA from international plots (if you don't believe me ask JFK)...

Sep 20, 2003

The first contact the assassin(Juan Tomas Diaz /Severo Cabral)had with the American government was in May 1960. The group was looking for weapons from the American government to use to kill Trujillo, by June 1960, the CIA had approved the plan to supply weapons to the Juan Tomas Diaz group. There is diispute when Diaz joined in the Deiderich book, perhaps after August 1960.

The Americans were brought into assist in a Dominican plot.

Let me add. A curious point from Diederich, the book claims that de la Maza joined AFTER Imbert and Sahdhala had discussed killing Trujillo. Imbert told me that de la Maza joined BEFORE he did. The book claims that Imbert had decided to kill Trujillo BEFORE the Mirabal killing.

Last edited:

Pana

Feb 12, 2005
I made a mistake in my typing this is what really wanted to type!!!!!!!
If some of you do not think that the USA did not have a part in taking out Trujillo than I have bridge to sell you :surprised. The USA has always had it's hand in the the cookie jar of the Western Hemisphere!!!!!!

Pana

Feb 12, 2005
I made a mistake in my typing this is what really wanted to type, sorry for the misunderstanding :eek:!!!!!!
If some of you do not think that the USA did not have a part in taking out Trujillo than I have bridge to sell you :surprised. The USA has always had it's hand in the the cookie jar of the Western Hemisphere!!!!!!
How much do you want for the bridge?

I'm always on the look out for bargains!
Can I place toll booths on each way?

I'll trade you Samana Bay for your bridge without compensation! Don't miss this great deal!

THE CIA, FBI, NSA, AREA 51, USA, US of A, EE.UU. Didn't have anything to do with the killing of Trujillo that day or the days after when associates of the Heroes tried to secure safe conduits via the US Embassy to the exterior...

The USA couldn't kill Fidel Castro for decades, Trujillo was better protected than the President of the USA from international plots (if you don't believe me ask JFK)...

The first contact the assassin(Juan Tomas Diaz /Severo Cabral)had with the American government was in May 1960. The group was looking for weapons from the American government to use to kill Trujillo, by June 1960, the CIA had approved the plan to supply weapons to the Juan Tomas Diaz group. There is diispute when Diaz joined in the Deiderich book, perhaps after August 1960.

Let me add. A curious point from Diederich, the book claims that de la Maza joined AFTER Imbert and Sahdhala had discussed killing Trujillo. Imbert told me that de la Maza joined BEFORE he did. The book claims that Imbert had decided to kill Trujillo BEFORE the Mirabal killing.

asopao

Aug 6, 2005

If you've watched Rene Fortunato's documentary. Trujillo already knew he was going to die before that day at the road. A couple of months before, the U.S Ambassodor told Trujillo:

" Leave DR, we'll give you a palace in U.S, with servants, horses, etc, you'll live like a king, all you have to do is leave and never come back".

Trujillo, with tears in his eyes, replied:

" I'll never leave this country, the only way i'll leave is if I'm dead!"

why was he crying? (literally). Because Trujillo viewed Washington D.C as God. God was in his favor for many years ( 1930-1946), but he realized that God got tired of him, wasn't going to adopt him anymore, and he(Trujillo) had to make a life and death choice about it. The Ambassador's proposal was a DEATH THREAT. Trujillo chose death, he already knew what was coming to him.

Tallman1818

Nov 19, 2007
One of the main reason why the Americans decided to plot agains Trujillo was the rise of Fidel Castro in Cuba; the good old Americans did not want it to have a double presence of the back them called URSS, with Fidel already up and coming was enought for the Gringos to have Trujillo kill, at that point a lot of Dominican were sick and tired of him and the Americans took great advantage of that and supply weapons and psycological presure to the little grounp that took part of his killing, and Balaguer was in the top of that group, ese viejo charlatan en el infierno se tiene que estar quemando.