World Baseball Classic's Schedules And Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
DRPAWA said:
Yes, team Dominicana did win 11 - 5 but what has not been written is that they did this against 2 of the best pitchers in MLB (one of which worked from the bullpen and got rocked just the same).

Trina expressed nervousness (in another thread), as did I, about DR going up against these pitchers which turned out quite well for DR and the game of baseball. The game was as intense for the fans in attendance as a World Series game and even more so for me.

Now, I can only imagine (and hope it comes to pass) what will happen when DR goes up against Australia on Friday - who got rocked 10-0 against Italy. Will the mercy rule come into play? I hope so, so that DR doesn't have to use so many pitchers. Same against Italy Thursday?

Hola DRPAWA! :classic:

How are you doing?

My most favorite baseball player and Boston Red Sox Superstar, Big Pappi, David Ortiz belted not one,.....but TWO homers!!! :D :bunny:

qzhg1x.jpg

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
What about?

Well, Koreanito, don't forget about Beltre.

He had 2 homers also and drove in 5 runs!.

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
miguel said:
Well, Koreanito, don't forget about Beltre.

He had 2 homers also and drove in 5 runs!.

Hola Miguel :classic:

You are right. I cannot forget about Beltre either!!! :D ;)

qzhy4x.jpg

The Dominican Republic team's line-up is amazing. :bunny: :cool:

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
k1w1 said:
please understand not wanting to hijack / or try start a new thread.
I'm not baseball fan (but it's WAAAAY more exciting than cricket! ha)
I saw some highlights on the news ... would someone mind PM'ing me explaining the uniform logo for DR team. (It's not RD or DR ?) It was either Dominican or Dominicana or something. (it was a quick flash)
thx & carry on.
In this pic, it looks like it says "Dominican".

qzn8f5.jpg

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Mucho easy!

k1w1 said:
please understand not wanting to hijack / or try start a new thread.
I'm not baseball fan (but it's WAAAAY more exciting than cricket! ha)
I saw some highlights on the news ... would someone mind PM'ing me explaining the uniform logo for DR team. (It's not RD or DR ?) It was either Dominican or Dominicana or something. (it was a quick flash)
thx & carry on.
The cap (or hat, since you are not a fan) says "RD" and the shirt says "Dominicana".

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Come on, stop it already!

qgrande said:
It says "Dominicana" :

So either they borrowed the shirts from the women's team, or it's the Spanish version of our beloved "The Dominican".
They did not borrowed from the women team nor it's a version of "Dominican". Ortiz is making a swing and it does show the last letter, the "A", for crying out loud!. At least the swing was not hard enough for it to say "Domi", lol.

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
miguel said:
They did not borrowed from the women team nor it's a version of "Dominican". Ortiz is making a swing and it does show the last letter, the "A", for crying out loud!. At least the swing was not hard enough for it to say "Domi", lol.
That's what I was showing, and just that without 'Rep?blica' it looks kind of weird. But you're right, there's more interesting things, like a very interesting Cuba-Panama game and Canada leading the USa with 3-0

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
That's the same name all the Olympic sports teams have carried for the country. Athletes have for years been competing for Dominicana.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
qgrande said:
That's what I was showing, and just that without 'Rep?blica' it looks kind of weird. But you're right, there's more interesting things, like a very interesting Cuba-Panama game and Canada leading the USa with 3-0

I was mentioning in another thread, jokingly, that the USA had to get past Canada! Well holy cr*p! It's now 5-0, Angel just called me laughing. If Canada can hold out, what a great start to the games it will be for me!!! YIPPEE!!!

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Cuba vs Panama

Final score/11

Cuba 8
Panama 6

Adios Panama, since you are done, and don't forget to say "hello" to the Canal, lol.

The shocking surprise is that Canada is beating the USA, 7-0 in the 4th inning!!

Last edited:

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
Dolores said:
That's the same name all the Olympic sports teams have carried for the country. Athletes have for years been competing for Dominicana.
Thanks, I should have looked better in Athens.
And Cuba has finally won, Canada is 7-0 up now!!

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
miguel said:
The shocking surprise is that Canada is beating the USA, 7-0 in the 4th inning!!

Who's shocked? Canada is just better. hahaha. LMAO here.

DRPAWA

Sep 3, 2004
Dolores said:

It's Dominicana as in....... Republica Dominicana!
I feel like I'm repeating myself - yes it was discussed in another thread a couple fo days ago.

I knew I shouldn't have logged on. Now I won't enjoy the Cuba/Panama game that my DVR is recording. However, it will be worth watching Canada beat the crap out of the US team and AROD!!!

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Who?

trina said:
Who's shocked? Canada is just better. hahaha. LMAO here.
Even my great-grandma, who died many, many moons ago, knew that Canada could not even carry the USA's bats coming into these games. But:

As I said on another thread, with the roster that the USA have, everything is fair game.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
miguel said:
Even my great-grandma, who died many, many moons ago, knew that Canada could not even carry the USA's bats coming into these games. But:

As I said on another thread, with the roster that the USA have, everything is fair game.

Did the US bring bats? Doesn't look like it to me. They may want to find a pitcher too.

Last edited:

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
I guess not!

trina said:
Did the US bring bats? Doesn't look like it to me. They may want to find a pitcher too.
Not only that they did not bring bats, it seems, but they did not bring players either since Canada just hit an inside the park homer.

Score 8-0. Oh boy!

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
miguel said:
Not only that they did not bring bats, it seems, but they did not bring players either since Canada just hit an inside the park homer.

Score 8-0. Oh boy!

You know, DR/Venezuela was a very sweet victory to me. I am Canadian, and a proud patriot. Nothing can compare to this one. I realize the game is not over until it is over, but indulge me and allow me to gloat for a while. Angel is laughing his *ss off watching it. It's just too.damn.funny.

DRPAWA

Sep 3, 2004
trina said:
You know, DR/Venezuela was a very sweet victory to me. I am Canadian, and a proud patriot. Nothing can compare to this one. I realize the game is not over until it is over, but indulge me and allow me to gloat for a while. Angel is laughing his *ss off watching it. It's just too.damn.funny.

Trina, even though I know the score up to this point, when I watch this game tonight I'm going to enjoy it just as much as your Angel - no I'm not Canadian but the US is supposed to have the best pitching of all the teams in this tournament!
Go Canada!

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
On the same boat

trina said:
Well, I guess that we are on the same boat. You are Canadian and are rooting for the DR because your husband is Dominican and I am Dominican but rooting for the USA, my home for the last 32 years.

Again, if we go back to my previous thread, I DID mentioned that with the USA's roster, even the DR had a good chance with them. When I heard that Leiter was joining the team, I knew that it was going to go "downhill" from then on.

And let's just wait until the "fat lady sings", since the USA just scored 2 runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.