Puerto Rico 12
Cuba 2

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
I know what you mean but...

trina said:
You see, Migs, Cleef KNEW you'd see his point of view. :cheeky:
Cleef's calling in life is to make people think outside the box. You have to admit, he talks a good game. He has a talent with words that few people can match, and even when I am strongly convicted about a player or an action, if Cleef and I differ, he always makes me think a bit about my own choice. What can I say? I'm fickle. It is my God-given right as a woman to change my mind, a lot. :cheeky: At the end of this argument, I still won't give Varitek best catcher, not by any means. But I won't be quite as critical of him, either.
Giving up just for the sake of "letting" someone win does not mean that I am seeing things their way, absolutely not.

I showed stats and records about someone that is said to be the best catcher that have ever lived and when a person still is making excuses, then it's better to let it go.

Now, Cleef is implying that Rodriguez takes steroids. Maybe he knows, for a fact, something that we don't know. I guess that he started taking them from the start of his career since the man has been a great player his whole career (17 years). I learned something today: today I learned that if a person has a good body, he MUST be taking steroids. I guess that I am also taking steroids since I am built like an Adonis, Oh wait, I forgot that my body looks like crap!!. LOL.

Again, the guy can't do anything right.

See, Trina, I posted all of Rodriguez's accomplishments and they were meet with critiques and excuses. What's a man to do?. I , for one, will NEVER change my mind about Rodriguez because I believe that the person who is going to be better than him, that person has NOT been born yet!.

Just remember, Trina, that "talking a good games" does not necessarily means that one can not be "blinded" and "talking" with his/her heart instead of the actual facts.

Last edited:

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
I'm going to take you on your word then.

miguel said:
I just don't want to waste my time anymore since the baseball fan in me said everything that I wanted to say about Varitek and Rodriguez, the best catcher that have ever lived.
If you still have more to say you can kill other threads. This one is buried.

I apologize for going off track. Won't happen again (any worse, anyway).

Please start new threads with the day/round games, analysis, updates and debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.