WOW SPorts Bar relocate to Sosua

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
WOW Sports Bar is now in Hotel Europa showing all NFL games and will also be showing all the NBA games and other sports. Great environment small and cozy, discount for US military and veterans as well as Knights of Columbus. Great prices.

62745503.jpg

el tibby

Aug 21, 2006
what ever happened to the shark bar??

that used to be the only game in town? now its closed, anybody know why???

jeddom

Nov 13, 2011
If you live in Cabarete the place to watch sports is Kahunas, shows all the NFL games and college games. They show all the pay per view fights, MMA and boxing, basketball, and of course my favorite NHL hockey. Oh yea they happen to have the best looking staff on the north coast (hot stuff), you know something to watch while the commercials are on.:lick: . Hey they even organize ball hockey games and tournaments, so not even watching games but you can play them too.

rsg

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
I Bet those bars do more business then those empty Malls Pichardo post pictures of:laugh:..funny but true..

PICHARDO says too many bars already.are you fricken kidding me? but not too many empty malls?

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
I Bet those bars do more business then those empty Malls Pichardo post pictures of:laugh:..funny but true..

So far those "empty" claims supported only by words...

Not a single picture to support those "dead as door knob" claims in a single instance... To the contrary of what I post which can be "seen" atop the "words" for assurance...

Or the claims of the majority of the city of Santiago/SD being made up of low income -poor/extreme poor hoods...

Not a single head to head to support their claims of all mighty knowledge of the DR in one single instance...

To the contrary of my posts...

Or the claims of ... Etc...

Care to go that way?

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Pichardo,

I am not quoting you as I want to save the people here having to look at all those senseless pictures again.

I thought you were someone promoting the DR. I guess I was wrong.

Yes, the NC is suffering atm with a lack of tourists, and guess who is to blame? Yes, the government you are probably working for. But let me open your eyes a bit, if I can...

Tourists are not coming here to visit your beloved SD and STI. They are coming here to enjoy the sun, and the lovely beaches. If they would want culture, they would visit Italy, Spain, Egypt, or a whole lot of countries, but not the DR (not saying they do not have any, but not enough to attract tourists). If they would want good deals and shopping malls, they would be in the States. If they are craving good food, they would be in Europe.

Let us face the facts. Tourists are coming here for the climate, the beaches, and some for the local women.

If your beloved government had one braincell amongst all of them, aside from the ones they use to fill their own pockets, they would use the IMF money to help to promote the one positive assett the DR has.

And rest assured, the 5,000 locals who got sacked on the NC because the hotels had to close down, would reward that by their votes...

Just my 2 cents worth....

Yomaga

Dec 8, 2011
We will be there for sure. Are you going to have the WOW burger we had in Cabarete? Go TeBow...

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
Pichardo,

I am not quoting you as I want to save the people here having to look at all those senseless pictures again.

I thought you were someone promoting the DR. I guess I was wrong.

Yes, the NC is suffering atm with a lack of tourists, and guess who is to blame? Yes, the government you are probably working for. But let me open your eyes a bit, if I can...

Tourists are not coming here to visit your beloved SD and STI. They are coming here to enjoy the sun, and the lovely beaches. If they would want culture, they would visit Italy, Spain, Egypt, or a whole lot of countries, but not the DR (not saying they do not have any, but not enough to attract tourists). If they would want good deals and shopping malls, they would be in the States. If they are craving good food, they would be in Europe.

Let us face the facts. Tourists are coming here for the climate, the beaches, and some for the local women.

If your beloved government had one braincell amongst all of them, aside from the ones they use to fill their own pockets, they would use the IMF money to help to promote the one positive assett the DR has.

And rest assured, the 5,000 locals who got sacked on the NC because the hotels had to close down, would reward that by their votes...

Just my 2 cents worth....

Puerto Plata resurges on higher hotel occupancy

Puerto Plata.- The resort city’s hotel personnel laid off during Dominican Republic’s low tourist season has been rehired as the substantial increase in tourists has boosted occupancy, said Julio Almonte, spokesman for the Playa Dorada Hotels, Condominiums and Business Owners Association.The hotelier, quoted by listin.com.do, said a rising demand for human resources accelerated the process to reinstate the employees in the Costa Dorada and Cofres? hotels.As published by the Central Bank the hotel occupancy rate for the destination formed by Puerto Plata, Cofres?, Maim?n, Sos?a and Cabarete fell to 53% during 2011, and dipped to critical levels in the low season.The fact that Puerto Plata was the tourism destination which posted the worse hotel occupancy during that period brought extreme uncertainty to local hoteliers, forcing layoffs of thousands of workers.Almonte, who’s also manager of the Celuisma Tropical hotel, said the hoteliers concentrated in attracting more tourists in the high season and will continue with the strategy.

They now found out that you need to spend money in adds in order to get clients for your biz, unlike before when they were the only option in the island...