Wrongdoings

Status
Not open for further replies.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
A few years back I used to have sympathy for these characters, but since becoming the victim of a home invasion I now have very little sympathy for them...What is becoming obvious to me is that people like that steal a pack of cigarettes today, and if not caught today, tomorrow they may steal a purse, then mug someone, and so on and so on...until they have becomed hardened criminals.

I'm not necesarily siding with the cops either as they are the worst of the pack and this was definitely way excessive force...but the way I see it one less thief is SOME help...

drbill

Dec 3, 2005
Well- at least it wasn't another embarrassing suicide-in-his-cell incident.

Good night

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Hipocrito Mejia said:
The problem is that the same kid that was stealing those cigarretes was or would have eventually been snatching jewelry, purses, cell phones, etc. They start small and eventually graduate to holding up people and businesses, and then more violent crimes.
That's poppycock. To say a petty thief will become a hardened criminal is like saying anyone that smokes marijuana will become a junkie.

And to use that premise as justification for gunning him down is ridiculous. :nervous:

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Hole First

suarezn said:
... the cops.... as they are the worst of the pack....
When I came to this country I believed in the police.
Now I believe what people tell me about the police.

Somebody had this version of the fatal hole:
The PN came up to the guy, saw bulging pockets and shot him dead.
Then he searched the pockets and didn't find any money...

Well, it's a lottery these days. :(

m'frog

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
suarezn said:
A few years back I used to have sympathy for these characters, but since becoming the victim of a home invasion I now have very little sympathy for them...What is becoming obvious to me is that people like that steal a pack of cigarettes today, and if not caught today, tomorrow they may steal a purse, then mug someone, and so on and so on...until they have becomed hardened criminals.
I'm very sorry to hear about your misfortune, but I disagree with your logic (see post #23).

G

gary short

Damn straight ....the issue is corruption in the police force...and if they can make press by gunning down a " criminal" well then they can continue their ways untill the next press event.

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Respected Trade

suarezn said:
.... that people like that steal a pack of cigarettes today, and if not caught today, tomorrow they may steal a purse, then mug someone, and so on and so on...until they have becomed hardened criminals.

Could be true for some.

Others, however, stick to their trade.
There are family lines of proud pickpockets.
The police respects them and appreciates their sharing attitude.

m'frog

Mar 21, 2002
mountainfrog said:
Who has?
But there's petty crime and murder...
Apples and pears are not the same fruit.
Just like onions and carrots....

m'frog
I agree Fried Frog Legs. So let's incarcerate the petty criminals and immediately execute all hardened criminals- Candelier style.

If I had my way, I'd take an army division and begin this task at all the jails in the country.

Next I'd issue "un guerra sin tregua" against all criminals with healthy "expedientes" (dossiers) to have them eliminated.

Excellent idea MF, the jails would be only for chicken thieves, beer room brawls, indecent exposure, grabbing women's buttocks- you get the point.

G

gary short

Onions&carrots said:
I agree Fried Frog Legs. So let's incarcerate the petty criminals and immediately execute all hardened criminals- Candelier style.

If I had my way, I'd take an army division and begin this task at all the jails in the country.

Next I'd issue "un guerra sin tregua" against all criminals with healthy "expedientes" (dossiers) to have them eliminated.

Excellent idea MF, the jails would be only for chicken thieves, beer room brawls, indecent exposure, grabbing women's buttocks- you get the point.

So......ummmmm.... so which "Army Division" would you use????

Werner

Feb 19, 2004
Hipocrito Mejia said:
The problem is that the same kid that was stealing those cigarretes was or would have eventually been snatching jewelry, purses, cell phones, etc. They start small and eventually graduate to holding up people and businesses, and then more violent crimes.

Let me tell you something. I am somebodies son. Obviously. When I was between 15 and lets say 19 years old I was a pain in the #ss. Now, 20 years later, I still feel sorry for my father when I think about it. I did many stupid things, some just that, some illegal. I must say that I ended up well. I consider myself a honest and good guy. I cant imagine that I could have been shot by a cop and that somebody had to tell my parants.
I dont ask for sympathy for the guy, just for some common sence.
And for those of you who have kids, think really deep and convince yourself that she/he never did anything that was crossing the line. I would be surprised if all of you can say that your 100 % sure about your kid. I woudnt bet on it.

If somebody thinks that killing a shoplifter is justice then I seriously think you have a sick mind, sorry to say so.

Mar 21, 2002
rellosk said:
It takes a strange person to applaud gunning down someone for shoplifting. :(

Let me reiterate my position so as not to create confusion. I know many here agree with me.

The absolute extermination of all criminals in the DR is the only viable solution to ensure long term peace, prosperity and productivity.

Mar 21, 2002
This is the problem Werner. You are the poster child for those who believe you must sacrifice the many to save the one. Well I digress. In order to save the many the one (in this case, a thief who would have changed his ways given the chance) must be sacrificed along with the intransigent masses of thugs in order to resemble a semblance of a functional society.

I am happy for you but unfortunately such logic and weight of resbonsibility can not be forced upon an entire nation.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Onions&carrots said:
The absolute extermination of all criminals in the DR is the only viable solution to ensure long term peace, prosperity and productivity.
Can't say I disagree with you. Maybe Trujillo for a few years. He was good at that.

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Adulterated Quote

Onions&carrots said:
... In order to save the many the one... must be sacrificed along with the intransigent masses of thugs in order to resemble a semblance of a functional society.
.... such logic and weight of responsibility can not be forced upon an entire nation.

Sorry, changed to make (at least some) sense.

m'frog

Mar 21, 2002
mountainfrog said:
With you determining who's a criminal?

SOS.

m'frog

Absolutely, you know what's SICK, those who would pardon, find excuses for criminals at the expense of children. Criminals set street justice when they execute harmless defenseless citizens. So back atcha.

Determining who's a criminal is simple- murderers, child rapists, career criminals, you get the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.