You can drink the water now

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
We did drink the city water for years. AFTER it went through filters and UV. Never had a problem. Then NO more street water; now for several years. We put in a well that has real nasty water. Installed a couple of filters with a UV and RO systems into the cistern with old system still used as it is pumped into the house. Over 5 years with NO city water and NO having to carry water. Whole house including ice makers have clean water.

We also harvest rain water with a few easy/cheap/simple systems that goes into the cistern. The rain this year has cut our well and RO systems down a lot. Our water is 99.??? pure and the PPM is very good.

Not sure what our teeth are doing but at our age... happy to have any.

I remember some 10 or more years ago a truck with 5 gallon bottles filling the bottles from a hose connected to street water. They put a top on and plastic and used a heat gun to make them look "factory fresh" and loaded for delivery.

Good luck everyone.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
Slightly related.  In the US, tooth decay in children has skyrocketed due to parents using bottled water rather than flouridated tap water.
False statement its due the all the sweets and fast food junk the kids eat,

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
I give up. If you can't read and comprehend what was written, I can't help you. Sodium Hypchorite is not chlorine. If you want to believe it is, I'll have just have to accept that. If you took away from my post that I was suggesting people mix bleach with other chemicals even after I specifically said, "don't do it", again I can't help you.

I hope some have learned something. I hope that some won't blindly accept that bleach to purify water is recognized as a long term solution supported by science or the recommendation of any health agency. To date bleach is meant as a short term solution until better alternatives are available.

If you want to add bleach to your water, I don't really care. Jump up and down all you want proclaiming your health. It's your body and you can do what you want to it. When the personal attacks start, it's time to move on to something else.

I was in a hurry and couldn't respond properly.to your post. You are correct in that chlorine is a gas and sodium hypochlorite are not the same thing. However, they are both oxidizing agents and both effective in treating water. In fact, liquid Cl2 is safer than is chlorine gas for water disinfection. What's needed is an oxidizing agent and both fill this need. That's pretty much the end of it. If you wish to see how both are made, the following link is the manufacturer that we use for both processes. However, even though gas is cheaper, we try and stay away from it as much as is humanly possible. http://electrolytictech.com

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
I built a 4 stage filter, finishing off with charcoal.... the water from the tinaco going in was toxic but the water coming out was fit to drink...so I take showers with it and buy Disani.
Look up purification of water using Moringa .... that works too ... tried it and used it for anything except consumption.
Good for cooking water.
Shocking the tinaco with Colorox works as well ... good for anything but consumption.
Not very promising , huh?
Russell

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
I brush my teeth with tap water here since 20 years. I am fine besides a slight glowing in the dark, no issues... :D

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Computer translated - be sure to click on the link, you'll see 5 gallon bottles of water with CAASD stickers on them, which will be used in the water coolers.

Announce that from today public employees will drink water from the CAASD

Ensure the liquid is fit for human consumption

SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic - The Cooporación de Acueductos y Alcantarillados de Santo Domingo (CAASD) announced that from this Tuesday that entity will supply water for human consumption in all public institutions in the country.

The announcement was made by Luis Salcedo, deputy director of CAASD and José Mateo, laboratory director. The news was released during a press conference at the headquarters of the institution.

The CAASD also said that it is also preparing to supply water to schools and hospitals.

Https://www.instagram.com/p/BYGaKpHhGDb/

During the meeting also ensured that the potable water index served by the CAASD exceeds 98 percent in terms of quality.

http://www.cdn.com.do/2017/08/22/anuncian-desde-hoy-empleados-publicos-beberan-agua-la-caasd/

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I can accept that CAASD can bottle water that is ok to drink at their sanitation facility. However, the push to extend this notion to water that comes out of a tap is a bit of a stretch. Until repeated and ongoing test results from random locations all over the city are made public it will be hard for thirsty consumers to put any sort of faith in the potability claims.

If the DR is serious about improving water quality, they need to set up a lab where consumers from across the country can send samples to be analysed and a watchdog agency then needs to force the regional providers to correct the deficiencies that are found.

Birdman

Jan 29, 2013
The first world has been using clo2 for decades to purify the water. DR uses potassium fluoride in salt for some reason. There is a lack of boron in the soil here. Boron strengthens the teeth from the inside. If you have sensitive teeth you need it. Helps with memory too.

https://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/phs/phs.asp?id=580&tid=108
Boron directs the magnesium and calcium to the right places. Lots of minerals in water that has not been bottled.

Last edited:

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
The first world has been using clo2 for decades to purify the water. DR uses potassium fluoride in salt for some reason. There is a lack of boron in the soil here. Boron strengthens the teeth from the inside. If you have sensitive teeth you need it. Helps with memory too.

https://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/phs/phs.asp?id=580&tid=108
Boron directs the magnesium and calcium to the right places. Lots of minerals in water that has not been bottled.

Are you not confusing iodine with fluoride in the DR salt? In most EU countries iodine is added, you don't get enough of it in just regular food it seems.

Birdman

Jan 29, 2013
Are you not confusing iodine with fluoride in the DR salt? In most EU countries iodine is added, you don't get enough of it in just regular food it seems.

No, they are adding both in this country. They usually supply the ratios on the container but fluoride will still displace the iodine. I don't think it makes sense.