Rethinking The Haitian Ban on Dominican Exports?

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Pan de Huevo is but one variety of bread made using eggs. Far from the "egg bread" alone.

Unlike a bagpiper full of air above, I do come from a family that owned bakeries, make that bread bakeries in the DR and abroad.

Save for 10% of bread types, the majority were made using eggs in the recipes. Something the so called "owners of bakeries" would had known first hand.

The eggs as glazing or glue use is very limited in the DR for two things: The rapid decay of shelf life on breads that use glazing and transportation/bundling of goods.

Something a real bread bakery owner would know fist hand from experience in a real bakery, not made up with words.

The most famous bread in the DR is based on a Spanish bread itself, the Pan de Telera. Baked only during the holidays and festive dates.

What separates the best tasting and textured Pan de Teleras from the rest is basically the use of egg yolks on the recipe.

But again, something ANY real bread bakery owner in the DR would know from basic hands on experience.

There was even a time when Pan Sobao was made using eggs in the DR, which came to an end when flour prices more than double in the late 70's to early 80's. That's when the mixture of corn based flour with wheat flour was skewed to reflect what we have today as Pan Sobao. But again, something only a REAL bread bakery owner in the DR would know from first hand experience...

The Pichardo

Spin

you are a moron. using egg white as a glaze for bread does not shorten shelf life. that is just one more figment of the PICHARDO imagination, like the contention that electricity is not infrastructure. almost every bread that i can think of uses a glaze, made of lightly beaten egg white. you are good, though, at making up sh*t as you go along. you must be quite the racconteur among your chopo friends at the colmadon. they probably thing that you are intelligent, and knowledgeable.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
you are a moron. using egg white as a glaze for bread does not shorten shelf life. that is just one more figment of the PICHARDO imagination, like the contention that electricity is not infrastructure. almost every bread that i can think of uses a glaze, made of lightly beaten egg white. you are good, though, at making up sh*t as you go along. you must be quite the racconteur among your chopo friends at the colmadon. they probably thing that you are intelligent, and knowledgeable.

And you said you were from a family of bread bakers?!?!?!?

LOL!!!

FYI we use egg yolks for glazing in the DR, not egg whites unless you want them to look like white ruffles glazed bread...

Bwahahahahahaha!!!

The Pichardo

Spin

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
LOL...love it here!

you ain't seen nuthin yet! this guy tells us about the possible effects of eggs on the Haitian bread industry, and cites us a recipe for a SEASONAL bread in the DR. yes, i can just see the demand for eggs skyrocketing in Haiti when Dominicans bake that holiday bread for a few days. the guy is a real riot. then again, he told us that the DR is on the Gold Standard. is he a laugh a minute, or what?

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
And you said you were from a family of bread bakers?!?!?!?

LOL!!!

FYI we use egg yolks for glazing in the DR, not egg whites unless you want them to look like white ruffles glazed bread...

Bwahahahahahaha!!!

The Pichardo

Spin

depends on what you are baking, sabelotodo. if you are baking white bread, you sure as heck do not glaze with egg yolks. if you are doing a small run of empanadas, you can use a mix of egg yolk and water, to get the bronzed look. big run; egg shade. stick to photos of malls.

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
I guess you are right... What would I know when my family only owned the later to be known Panificadora Cibao in Santiago, Panaficadora Esteban and Reyes.

Later the Panificadora and bakery Caridad and others out of the country...

We rented a spot a few steps away for our friends from Sosua to set up a small shop for their products there, a.k.a. Productos Sosua...

We only did supply the few known supermarkets in the Santiago and La Vega biz centers with bread and bakery products back then.

We were so small and inexperience in fact, that we got our eggs trucked directly from what later became Granjas Mora...

Yup! We supplied the real fruit marmalade to the local dulce de tabla manufacturers in the region...

The first and then only spot where you could buy authentic Colombian pan de Bono, baked every morning for breakfast with coffee...

Yup! What can I know about bread making?!?!? I only helped my father on weekends to hand make sobadoras for the bread in our backyard...

Your are the man and it shows in your knowledge of bread in the DR!!!

The Pichardo

Spin

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I guess you are right... What would I know when my family only owned the later to be known Panificadora Cibao in Santiago, Panaficadora Esteban and Reyes.

Later the Panificadora and bakery Caridad and others out of the country...

We rented a spot a few steps away for our friends from Sosua to set up a small shop for their products there, a.k.a. Productos Sosua...

We only did supply the few known supermarkets in the Santiago and La Vega biz centers with bread and bakery products back then.

We were so small and inexperience in fact, that we got our eggs trucked directly from what later became Granjas Mora...

Yup! We supplied the real fruit marmalade to the local dulce de tabla manufacturers in the region...

The first and then only spot where you could buy authentic Colombian pan de Bono, baked every morning for breakfast with coffee...

Yup! What can I know about bread making?!?!? I only helped my father on weekends to hand make sobadoras for the bread in our backyard...

Your are the man and it shows in your knowledge of bread in the DR!!!

The Pichardo

Spin

nice switch, Mr Three Card Monte man. what does any of that have to do with bread in Haiti? you are the guy who said that the bread industry in HAITI will be affected by the egg shortage. what does all of your drivel have to do with the bread industry IN HAITI/ i asked you to tell me the recipe of a bread eaten by the rank and file in HAITI. you cannot, so you diverted the thread to bread that is made in places like Chile and other Latin American countries. to this juncture, you have not shown me any reason why egg supplies will affect bread production in HAITI.

i conclude that your usual bullshirt is an admission that you do not have a clue about how to answer. nothing new. we all get it.

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
nice switch, Mr Three Card Monte man. what does any of that have to do with bread in Haiti? you are the guy who said that the bread industry in HAITI will be affected by the egg shortage. what does all of your drivel have to do with the bread industry IN HAITI/ i asked you to tell me the recipe of a bread eaten by the rank and file in HAITI. you cannot, so you diverted the thread to bread that is made in places like Chile and other Latin American countries. to this juncture, you have not shown me any reason why egg supplies will affect bread production in HAITI.

i conclude that your usual bullshirt is an admission that you do not have a clue about how to answer. nothing new. we all get it.

You are the one missing the entire point!

Save for 10% of bread varieties made in the DR and Haiti, the other % is made with recipes that include eggs in the ingredients.

The fact that Sobao and Agua are the most consumed varieties of breads in the DR, followed closely in kind by Haiti's one clones, doesn't preclude that issue as stated by me. Haitian bread bakers DO use eggs as to increase volume on their breads. They make their money based on quantity not texture or weight.

But since you lack knowledge on both ends of the island's breads, you are lost in your argument.

The Pichardo

Spin

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
You are the one missing the entire point!

Save for 10% of bread varieties made in the DR and Haiti, the other % is made with recipes that include eggs in the ingredients.

The fact that Sobao and Agua are the most consumed varieties of breads in the DR, followed closely in kind by Haiti's one clones, doesn't preclude that issue as stated by me. Haitian bread bakers DO use eggs as to increase volume on their breads. They make their money based on quantity not texture or weight.

But since you lack knowledge on both ends of the island's breads, you are lost in your argument.

The Pichardo

Spin

PICHARDO, i am a Bronx boy. bullsh*t was invented there. you are a small time player. low level huckster. you have to get out of bed much earlier than you do to put crap over on me. try again with this

what effect will the egg shortage have on the HAITIAN bread industry?

the only way it will have any meaningful effect is if eggs are a central ingredient in the everyday HAITIAN bread.

show me the recipe for the bread that forms a staple for the rank and file Haitian. what percentage of bread eaten by the Haitian populace is made with eggs?

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Pay me for a maket repot on bread in Haiti and I'll be glad to supply it to your hands!For only USD$10,500.00 plus ITEBIS
The Pichardo
Spin

why would i pay you, when i can do it better than you can, for free? you cannot even spell "market report", and you want to do one?