Murder in cabrera

Status
Not open for further replies.

bizzyboneizo

Aug 31, 2010
seems like they are talking about a crime of passion i was thinking that can be the case when the thread was first open. things like this always happen with love and money

Kozy

Jun 1, 2002
Gina was a single 40ish lady, who lived alone with her dogs. She always had a steady job, being paid at the dominican wage scale. She didn't own a car or even a pasola. She lived a simple life, one that she enjoyed very much. Her biggest vice was merely a few cuba libras, which i had the pleasure of sharing with her on numerous occasions. She had a great sense of humor and loved to laugh and enjoy the moment. She was a live and let live type of person 100%. She never indulged in sankies as that was not her style. A crime of passion- it is possible- but knowing Gina as the intelligent, well adjusted person she was, it is so very difficult to envision her being involved with someone who could commit such a violent act. Maybe it was a Ted Bundy type- we just don't know. Just a complete heartbreaking situation. K

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Does anyone know if she has close relatives in Holland? This hasn't been covered in the Dutch press as far as I could find.

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
I am very sorry for your loss K. It sounds like she was a wonderful friend. So sad.

Kozy

Jun 1, 2002
Yes- her mom and dad live in Holland- they come here each winter to stay for a couple months - they have been notified K

Dark_Scorpion

Bronze
Aug 13, 2012
The report is here. Please do not open link if you do not want to see typical Dominican crime scene shots
She had her throat cut - and police are treating it as a crime of passion - and several people under investigation.
Rest in peace and many condolences to her family and friends.

Prensa Libre Nagua: EN CABRERA ASESINAN UNA NACIONAL HOLANDESA

Matilda

My god, what a horrible way to die, having your throat slit. I clicked on the link and saw the photo, not much to say, it is horrible they show the photos but that really makes you realize just how dangerous this country is. It is also makes you realize how precious life is.

Dark_Scorpion

Bronze
Aug 13, 2012
Wow that really is horrible. What is wrong with people???!!!
I hope they catch the guy and he does not make it to jail. ( i know violence is never the answer but well sometimes maybe it is!)

Sometimes maybe it is? No, there are times when violence IS the answer, and this case is one of them. The perpetrator who did this should be executed, plain and simple. Imagine if that were your mother laying there in a pool of her own blood, would you say "sometimes maybe it is?" This guy should be hung or beheaded, and if it were up to me he would be. Forget life in prison, public execution is the wise course of action. You don't negotiate or rehabilitate psychopaths.....you destroy them. Any man that kills a middle aged woman in this way doesn't deserve to see the sun rise and fall.

bizzyboneizo

Aug 31, 2010
every body should band together i mean the people with some money and hire there own cops who really goes around and work just like cops and be detectives mainly for the foreigners who live and travel here and have them beat the streets do undercover work. thats just my thoughts

TravelHippo

Mar 24, 2008
My husband and I went over to her house to check on her dogs tonight (and light a few candles in her memory). They are doing fine and still at the house for now. I'm going to check with another friend of ours to see if any final plans have been talked about yet. Unfortunately we personally aren't able to take them right now, but hopefully someone will be able to soon. They are both lovely dogs.
maybe it is silly to ask... what about her animals?

TravelHippo

Mar 24, 2008
Well said. We were just talking about her wonderful sense of humour and laugh tonight. We will miss sharing a cuba libre with her as well. She was a wonderful person and will be missed very very much. So so heartbreaking.

Gina was a single 40ish lady, who lived alone with her dogs. She always had a steady job, being paid at the dominican wage scale. She didn't own a car or even a pasola. She lived a simple life, one that she enjoyed very much. Her biggest vice was merely a few cuba libras, which i had the pleasure of sharing with her on numerous occasions. She had a great sense of humor and loved to laugh and enjoy the moment. She was a live and let live type of person 100%. She never indulged in sankies as that was not her style. A crime of passion- it is possible- but knowing Gina as the intelligent, well adjusted person she was, it is so very difficult to envision her being involved with someone who could commit such a violent act. Maybe it was a Ted Bundy type- we just don't know. Just a complete heartbreaking situation. K

Status
Not open for further replies.