Murder in cabrera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curacaoleno

Bronze
Apr 26, 2013
the picture does not look like a fight scene. did she know and trusted the attacker? makes it even more depressing to think that :(
The real danger may not be on the streets but with the people you know.. Especially when those people are from the barrios.. It happens more than once that the murderes were let in the house by the victims.. For example the other lady that was murdered last year was by her 19 year old lover who was also the son of her brothers wife..

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
The real danger may not be on the streets but with the people you know.. Especially when those people are from the barrios.. It happens more than once that the murderes were let in the house by the victims.. For example the other lady that was murdered last year was by her 19 year old lover who was also the son of her brothers wife..

And especially if they were aware that she lived alone in the country with no family.

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
Google translation
A 43-year-old Dutch woman was stabbed to death and beheaded possible in the Dominican Republic.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has confirmed the death of the woman on Yahoo! News. The woman is probably Tuesday night brought to life. The motif is not known.

There were a few people have been arrested.

The woman was killed in place Cabrera in the northeast of the Dominican Republic. The victim had a spa there.

Dutch Foreign Affairs advises travelers to the Dominican Republic to be vigilant. This travel warning for a year.

Nederlandse gedood in Dominicaanse Republiek | Volg het nieuws terwijl het gebeurt

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
that poor woman was not a tourist. she lived in DR many years, full time.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Word has it here - Cabrera - that it was a lover , but one on drugs.

Local talk - not official.....all else in this thread is confirmed locally... no theft, etc

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Heard last night that 3 were arrested... the police think that this group is also responsible for the death in square earlier in the year .... also a knife death

one of the three reputed to be a boyfriend

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Good up date thanks WW . I would like to introduce the 3 dirt balls to George Zimmermen.

Whether we like it or not, it appears the victim was close to or on the fringe of this group.

All indications point to a trouble free entry -- as in a friend entering.
They were known to her and she to them -- is the way it appears

Time will tell

Jan 3, 2003
It is very sad. She didn't deserve this at all. You can tell she was just a middle aged lady who probably came to the DR to live in the hopes of finding the friendship and happiness which we all need. The DR used to respect foreigners as if they were gods. No more. Those times are long gone. By the looks of her she seemed to be just a regular woman who did not stand out in any way but for being Dutch. I give my heartfelt condolences to the family. This could happen to anyone of us. We are not immune to these savageries, Dominican and ex-pat alike.

Que Dios nos ampare!!!

charlise

Bronze
Nov 1, 2012
My condoleances to her family and friends.

As I read all those posts, I just realized that the ONLY way to stay safe in the DR is to avoid at any point any involment with men, especially young men... All those troubles from different angles, woman killing her husband, woman being killed by her boyfriend... etc...

I'll stick with my cats and stay safe.

May Gina rest in peace.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
My condoleances to her family and friends.

As I read all those posts, I just realized that the ONLY way to stay safe in the DR is to avoid at any point any involment with men, especially young men... All those troubles from different angles, woman killing her husband, woman being killed by her boyfriend... etc...

I'll stick with my cats and stay safe.

May Gina rest in peace.

it amazes me how cheap life is here. i just look at all these reports, and wonder what is going on. every few weeks, some gringo being butchered. not to mention Dominicans being butchered. a motoconcho guy killed a lady for 5 pesos, some time back. so much for these "conservative values" that certain posters imagine to abound here..

RIP, Gina.

Status
Not open for further replies.