Smoking in the DR

Alltimegreat

Nov 16, 2012
In Europe you cannot smoke in public buildings, restaurants, bars, etc... so no need to google it...

BelgianK

You're severely misinformed. I can't speak for Belgium, but in Germany you can smoke just about anywhere. You can even smoke in hospitals (except in certain parts), enclosed sports stadiums, at work in the office (the burden is on non-smokers to try to stop it), and you can send a steady stream of smoke into your neighbor's window. The German courts ALWAYS side with the smokers. In fact, it's illegal for a landlord to prohibit a tenant from smoking in his apartment despite any agreements made in the contract.

The places in Germany where you're not officially allowed to smoke, there is either no or very limited enforcement.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
You're severely misinformed. I can't speak for Belgium, but in Germany you can smoke just about anywhere. You can even smoke in hospitals (except in certain parts), enclosed sports stadiums, at work in the office (the burden is on non-smokers to try to stop it), and you can send a steady stream of smoke into your neighbor's window. The German courts ALWAYS side with the smokers. In fact, it's illegal for a landlord to prohibit a tenant from smoking in his apartment despite any agreements made in the contract.

The places in Germany where you're not officially allowed to smoke, there is either no or very limited enforcement.

How To Germany - No Smoking Laws in Germany

BelgianK

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"SOMETHING" tells me that "CREEPuscular" is "Pi$$ed Off" about a LOT of things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He/she could hold a "Friend's Convention" in a telephone booth, with room to spare!!!!
"Smoking is bad for one's health"????????????
"Who Knew"?????????????????
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
He/she could hold a "Friend's Convention" in a telephone booth, with room to spare!!!!

I think The Creep & The Jewell would make a perfect couple, perhaps we can set up a meet & greet @ Rocky Bar or TBH over the holidays. We certainly don't need to bring any more wine!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
We can all smoke like "Smoke Stacks" and yell about our underage conquests!
Bring a video camera, it WILL go "Viral"!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Brits",...."HEY!!!!!!, I love my "Inflatable, "Infatigueable", "Lady Friend"!!!!!!!!!
Any one know where to buy a "Patch Kit"?????? :ermm::ermm::ermm:
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

shunch

Nov 21, 2012
OMG. Been following this for awhile. And must say. How annoying. Not a lot of DR smokers well hmm. My guess is they can't afford it. Because my experience is they sure will bum them along with booze, money and god knows anything else. I don't know anyone how would blow smoke in anyone's face. Unless they were an arrogant a$$hole who was so high on themselves

I give up. Sorry for my first negative frustrated post. Please be kind....

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
Confucious say.........
Man does not need to smoke to be a "low-life".
Plenty "low-lifes" around.
Also.......
Man does not need to be European or Canadian or American to be "trash".
Plenty "trash" around.

the concrete guy

Nov 30, 2013
I just returned from my most recent trip to Santo Domingo. It's impossible to overlook how few people there are smokers, especially compared to Europe. In Germany and France, you can't walk more than a few feet down the sidewalk without some lowlife blowing cigarette smoke in your face. I cannot recall seeing anyone smoke in Santo Domingo at all, and it was quite a pleasant surprise.

wow!! you must be American...in fact I would bet on it,

Britcouple

Aug 13, 2009
"Brits",...."HEY!!!!!!, I love my "Inflatable, "Infatigueable", "Lady Friend"!!!!!!!!!
Any one know where to buy a "Patch Kit"?????? :ermm::ermm::ermm:
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

CCCCCCCCC at least yours is a 'Lady'......now where has that blow up sheep gone :cool:

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
"One Man's "TRASH", Is Another Man's "TREASURE"!!!!!!!
I smoke giant black "Stogies"!!!
Whenever I want!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

I thought you said you only liked women? Not that there is anything wrong with your sexual prefrences...:D

Went to Isla to Party it up with the locals last night and had a great smoke free time then I went to Kahunas and as soon as i sit down some gringo puts out his cigar out right in front of me in an ashtray with it still smoking as he walks off. Every gringo at the actual bar area where i chose to sit smoked except for mi amigo I went with. It was just wonderful.

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
Went to Isla to Party it up with the locals last night and had a great smoke free time then I went to Kahunas and as soon as i sit down some gringo puts out his cigar out right in front of me in an ashtray with it still smoking as he walks off. Every gringo at the actual bar area where i chose to sit smoked except for mi amigo I went with. It was just wonderful.

Kahuna is a smoking bar, hence the ashtrays...

Then don't go there?

I've been many times and it has never been that bad. It's my fav bar, I'm not gonna not go b/c of that. If my Wife was with me should would have made me leave, she hates smoking more than I do!
I just wanted to watch UFC, I moved from the bar and it was better.

I am just happy to have most places here with no smoke. It literally makes me sick so that is why I get upset about it, if it didn't give me a headache and stomach ache I probably would not care as much.

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
I've been many times and it has never been that bad. It's my fav bar, I'm not gonna not go b/c of that. If my Wife was with me should would have made me leave, she hates smoking more than I do!
I just wanted to watch UFC, I moved from the bar and it was better.

I am just happy to have most places here with no smoke. It literally makes me sick so that is why I get upset about it, if it didn't give me a headache and stomach ache I probably would not care as much.

I'm sorry you got sick, but unless expressly forbidden by law (which it isn't) the smokers should also have a place to congregate.

There are many places both for smokers and non-smokers, each should visit what he wants...