A Dominican is worth for nothing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
99.9% of Dominicans can't show you Europe or Spain on the world's map. The way Dominicans live and behave is normal to African countries. Most Dominicans look more African than Latino. So what makes them Latino? that ugly Spanish? Well, people in some African countries speak French, but they are not French, right?

99.9%. Really??? You need to get out of your apartment more Hernandez.

Hernandez

Banned
Feb 9, 2009
[deleted by moderator - any more Off Topic posts will join this one in the rubbish bin]

Last edited by a moderator:

Hernandez

Banned
Feb 9, 2009
99.9%. Really??? You need to get out of your apartment more Hernandez.
Ok, 99.3%. Or give me your numbers, please. Just don't forget that the population here is close to 10 millions. Then try to count how many really classy and educated people are here.... count all good and really educated doctors, a few good and really educated lawyers, etc.. then calculate the percents to 10 millions.

kdolo

Mar 9, 2009
99.9% of Dominicans can't show you Europe or Spain on the world's map. The way Dominicans live and behave is normal to African countries. Most Dominicans look more African than Latino. So what makes them Latino? that ugly Spanish? Well, people in some African countries speak French, but they are not French, right?

Yes, there are some classy and educated Dominicans, but it's less than 1% of population, so they don't change overall statistics.

1. So one of the qualifications of being Latino is being able to identify Europe or Spain on a map ?? (have you seen the education levels in Bolivia ??, Guatemala ??, Nucaragua ??, parts of Mexico, ??? if this is true then Dominicans are not alone in this aspeect.)

2. The way Dominicans live is normal to African countries ?? but again, what about Bolivia, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Guatemala, much of Mexico, currently part of Venezuela, Peru etc.... furthermore, what is normal life in African countries ? and how is that similar to life in the DR.

3. So Most Dominicans look like Africans - so I assume you are saying that looking African means that you can't be Latino (despite the definition of Latino given above - OK - so I guess you are the authority on Latino and have simply made up your own definition)

4. Some people in African speak French does not make then French, but since French is a romance language and thus "LATIN", according to the definition, that would make them Latino if they partake in and/or share in the culture.

see the definition again:" Latino is a person who speaks a romance language (i.e. Italian, Spanish, French, Portuguese) or their cultural heritage comes from any country that speaks any of those languages. "

kdolo

Mar 9, 2009
Ok, 99.3%. Or give me your numbers, please. Just don't forget that the population here is close to 10 millions. Then try to count how many really classy and educated people are here.... count all good and really educated doctors, a few good and really educated lawyers, etc.. then calculate the percents to 10 millions.

Yes, but back to the point. What does this have to do with being Latino ?????

must you be able to pass a geography exam to be Latino and if you fail you are no longer Latino ??

Hernandez

Banned
Feb 9, 2009
4. Some people in African speak French does not make then French, but since French is a romance language and thus "LATIN", according to the definition, that would make them Latino if they partake in and/or share in the culture.
Ok, now according to you, French speaking Africans are Latinos too. Perfect logic.

kdolo

Mar 9, 2009
please reread point 4. and the paragraph below it.

stop being intellectually dishonest.

the comment about "logic" is merely you projecting.......none of what you say makes any sense

Hernandez

Banned
Feb 9, 2009
Yes, but back to the point. What does this have to do with being Latino ?????

must you be able to pass a geography exam to be Latino and if you fail you are no longer Latino ??
That was just an answer to another poster's post.

Back to the point, I wrote that the way Dominicans live and behave is normal for Africa, not for Latin America, but this post was deleted by moderator. I already wrote in another thread, I spend some time in Miami every month, and every time I say that I live in DR, the typical conversation starts like this:

- Hi, where are you from?
- DR
- You don't look Dominican
- Yes, I'm not Dominican but I live there
- How can you live there? Dominicans are.... (if I post what other latinos say there, I'll be banned on this forum, but they always say that and it's true)

P.S. I was not the one who started this thread, and I am not the only one here who says that Dominicans are more Africans than Latinos.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast

Hernandez, I have a flash for you. You're no different than the Uruguayan who is insulting and bullying JJ at work. This is his thread, and he doesn't need you to pile more garbage on his plate. I guarantee he can find Europe and Spain on a map.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
OK,

you mean that DR has more Afro descended people than Uruguay or Mexico. Well Duh ????

but what about the culture ???? How is DR culture more African than Spanish ??? - its language and religion are the same as Spain, the same as Mexico, the same as Uruguay - the only difference is ethnic make up. But the same can be said for Mexico which is mostly mestizo, then indigenous, with actual "whites", being the minority - but you include Mexico as being one of the "really spanish" countries......

please explain. What are you saying ??? that DR has black people so because of that they are less Latino ???

i live in the DR, and i was born in, and lived in, a british caribbean territory. if i was dropped off in the DR, and everyone kept silent, i would not be able to tell the difference between the countries. the food is almost the same, the racial composition is similar, and it does not seem that far removed from a british antilles country as i would imagine a place like Paraguay to be.

jabejuventus

Bronze
Feb 15, 2013
Hernandez, I have a flash for you. You're no different than the Uruguayan who is insulting and bullying JJ at work. This is his thread, and he doesn't need you to pile more garbage on his plate. I guarantee he can find Europe and Spain on a map.

No AE. It's good that H bares his soul and confirms the Uruguayan's mindset, that the mindset is prevalent in society, as well as in his/her own disability.

kdolo

Mar 9, 2009
That was just an answer to another poster's post.

Back to the point, I wrote that the way Dominicans live and behave is normal for Africa, not for Latin America, but this post was deleted by moderator. I already wrote in another thread, I spend some time in Miami every month, and every time I say that I live in DR, the typical conversation starts like this:

- Hi, where are you from?
- DR
- You don't look Dominican
- Yes, I'm not Dominican but I live there
- How can you live there? Dominicans are....

Yes, that's interesting what other Latinos (I assume) have to say about Dominicans - I get - there is intra Caribbean/
New World/Latin American - one upsmanship, insults, what have you going on, think they are better.......great.

What does that have to do with whether Dominicans are Latinos or not ???

Try telling people you're from Bolivia/El Salvador/Guatemala/Nicaragua (people not from those countries) - and you will likely get similar if not worse comments.....either way ...irrelevant to the question at hand.

Hernandez

Banned
Feb 9, 2009
Excuse me, but the point was that JJ was asking WHY? Ok, he can find Spain on the map, he lives and works in US, but he was asking WHY Americans and other Latinos treat Dominicans like that? I explain why, because 10 millions of other Dominicans behave that way that they actually deserve to be treated like that. It's not only happens with Dominicans, but with all other nations where the percentage of civilized and educated people is very low, of where the most immigrants from those countries are involved in some illegal activities. For example, if some decent girl from Ukraine comes to work to Europe, everybody will ask if she is a prostitute, because most girls from Ukraine are working as prostitutes in Europe and other countries (even in DR they have at least 2 villas with Ukrainian prostitutes).

kdolo

Mar 9, 2009
i live in the DR, and i was born in, and lived in, a british caribbean territory. if i was dropped off in the DR, and everyone kept silent, i would not be able to tell the difference between the countries. the food is almost the same, the racial composition is similar, and it does not seem that far removed from a british antilles country as i would imagine a place like Paraguay to be.

"if i was dropped off in the DR, and everyone kept silent.........."

but this could never happen - so lets deal with reality. The language, names, religion, are Spanish.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com

First mistake you make is linking education to class. There are many people with a great deal of education but completely lack in class. Perhaps you fit into that demographic.
Perhaps it just an American immigrant thing because It didn't appear that there was an dislike or disrespect to us in Canada where my Dominican stepson played soccer on a team of Latinos from El Salvador, Costa Rica, Cuba, Honduras and Chile. I've spent time in a number of Latin countries and for example Barranquilla, Colombia where there are many Black Colombians and dirty Barrios. Anyone that has spent time is Honduras or El Salvador knows how much poverty, crime, and garbage there is. Every child in Grade three in our school, which is just a poor private school can point out Spain or Italy....etc. on a Map. Half them have relatives in Europe. Besides what is important is that you can communicate with a person. The advanced level of their education or lack of it is not a measure of their character.

kdolo

Mar 9, 2009
Excuse me, but the point was that JJ was asking WHY? Ok, he can find Spain on the map, he lives and works in US, but he was asking WHY Americans and other Latinos treat Dominicans like that? I explain why, because 10 millions of other Dominicans behave that way that they actually deserve to be treated like that. It's not only happens with Dominicans, but with all other nations where the percentage of civilized and educated people are very low, of where the most immigrants from those countries are involved in some illegal activities. For example, if some decent girl from Ukraine comes to work to Europe, everybody will ask if she is a prostitute, because most girls from Ukraine are working as prostitutes in Europe and other countries (even in DR they have at least 2 villas with Ukrainian prostitutes).

Yes, but that would be the height of irrational even stupid behavior No ?????......

Why not judge DR by its best. head to head they dominate Uruguayans (?) - name me one world famous Uruguayan ????

"the percentage of civilized and educated people are very low," - that is definitely the case with Bolivia, Nicaragua, Guatemala, El Salvador, parts of Mexico, Peru, Argentina etc...... - why single out the Dominicans.....

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
"if i was dropped off in the DR, and everyone kept silent.........."

but this could never happen - so lets deal with reality. The language, names, religion, are Spanish.

so are the languages, names, and religions in Australia and Barbados. do you think they are culturally similar?

Hernandez

Banned
Feb 9, 2009
Why not judge DR by its best.
This is very good question. I can tell you why. Because people get tired of stupidity. If they see one, then another one, then hundreds Dumbminicans, they get tired of that. And when they meet a normal Dominican, they will treat him as a Dumbminican, regardless of his class and education.

During my first couple of years in DR, I really tried to judge DR by its best. After 8 years, I judge DR by its worst.

kdolo

Mar 9, 2009
This is very good question. I can tell you why. Because people get tired of stupidity. If they see one, then another one, then hundreds Dumbminicans, they get tired of that. And when they meet a normal Dominican, they will treat him as a Dumbminican, regardless of his class and education.

During my first couple of years in DR, I really tried to judge DR by its best. After 8 years, I judge DR by its worst.

I get it. I do the same with Uruguayans, Argentinians, Bolivians, Salvadoranians, Hondurans, Mexicans, Guatemalans, Venezuelans, Colombians, Cubans, Puerto Ricans, etc.... the whole lot .....

Other than the Colombians, I don't hold the rest in too high of a regard. .... mostly basura if you ask me......

its like all of Latin America is infested with people who actually think that they are really Spanish - you know ... from Spain - pure. They try and have these airs..... piensan que son gente .....

Status
Not open for further replies.