Purchasing Investment Property in Sasoua (Casa Linda)

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
isting villas of El Choco ( High standing villas )
Villa Abanico - Villa las Orquideas - Villa Acienda Vieja - Villa Castillo Princessa - Villa Esemralda - Villa Marguarita
Villa Las Brisas
Listing villas of Cabarete
Villa Andrea - Villa Maria
Listing villas of Sosua
Villa Alexandrine - Villa Aline - Villa Linda 2 bedrooms - Villa Linda 3 bedrooms - Villa Migueline
Listing villas of Casa de Campo ( High standing villas )
Villa Muguet - Villa Coton - Villa Fantasy - Villa Bellevue - Villa Ruby - Villa Serenade - Villa Chrystal
Listing villas of Las Terrenas
Villa Lu - Villa Mantequilla - Villa Maya - Villa Corona - Villa Varkala - Villa Coralyos - Villa Estrella - Villa Machotte
Villa Papaya - Villa Rancho # 11 - Villa Rancho # 14 - Villa Rancho # 19 - Villa Ana - Villa Tapioca
Listing villas of Las Galeras
Villa Naomi - Villa Juana
Listing villas of Samana
Villa Nagua
Listing villas of Puerto Plata
Villa Parthenon

They rent ALL these Villas like that.. with Euro deposit to their bank account in France.

That should be a nice haul for the police.

blue eyes

Jan 24, 2013
Sorry to say but I paid my maintenance fees in Pesos last year.I had about 35 thousand peso and had no desire to bring it
back to Canada so the morning I left gave it to Erwin to put towards my account.Which was not a problem for me,but I own
and do not rent.My monthly fees are considerably less than 1k.Looking forward to my return in May next year.

Cheers

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
there just seems to be a whole lot of hanky panky going on.. wire transfers. this one does not even take pay pal..

Payments: At reservation a deposit is required from 50% of the total + 25 usd (extra local bank costs) to confirm your reservation. Final payment (+ 25 usd bank costs) not later than 7 days before entering the villa. This may differ from villa to villa. Payments can only be done by wire tranfer. We do not accept credit card or paypal.

All Properties | Las Terrenas Villa Rentals for villas at Playa Coson and Playa BonitaLas Terrenas Villa Rentals for villas at Playa Coson and Playa Bonita

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
Caribservice

more paypal.. now i am not saying that all paypal places are crooks or anything like that. But if there is a really big rental operation, then why are they not taking credit cards? If you have trouble on.. well, the American Express card, you can open a dispute. So you have some protection.

But it is simply that there is just so much business that is not going to this country.

So maybe LT is a bubble because perhaps when the fiscal comes down on these guys, and really makes them pay, which I am sure that they will very soon, there will not be such a market for the purchase. Since these have probably been crooked cash cows. I did not realize how much until I started looking on this thread.

All that paypal money is really untraceable cash. No paper trail.

travelbear

May 8, 2012
People's experiences differ from issue to issue. We own in Casa Linda for the last two years. While there were some issues during the construction of our Villa I would like to take the opportunity to state that any issues we brought to the attention of Eric and other Casa Linda staff were addressed in ab satisfactory manner. This experience has continued throughout the last two years and my wife and I are looking forward to living in Casa Linda on a more full time basis. I have no hesitation in recommending Casa Linda as a place to invest or live. Love being there

blue eyes

Jan 24, 2013
maintenance fee 115.00 US,Electricity is RD12.20 per KWH,pool is empty as it leaks too much water.So my most expensive
power bill was US 60.00$,cheapest was $4.00 USD Cheers!!

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
maintenance fee 115.00 US,Electricity is RD12.20 per KWH,pool is empty as it leaks too much water.So my most expensive
power bill was US 60.00$,cheapest was $4.00 USD Cheers!!

So have you talked to the builders about repairing the pool? I would think that would become a great breeding ground for mosquitos? Perhaps you have it covered? I lived next to an empty villa with an empty pool and it filled up with leaves and wet from the rain and got very nasty and ugly.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
There is way more to do in the Sosua / Cabarete area than in LT. Plus the airport at Samana doesn't have as many international flights, no golf nearby. LT has a lot of "friendly" Europeans and is a boring little town, however maybe that is what people want. To each his own.

Well now, I have just discovered that there is snokeling and diving in Sosua. Before that I just thought there were whores. Yes, I hear that there is a golf course nearby. But what else is there to do?

LT has a zip line now.

It has the best protected beaches on the NE coast.
It has a trail where you can walk all along the beach from the town to Coson.
It has ATV rentals and tours back of the town up into the mountains.
It has windsurfing.
And diving.
It has the largest libraries on the North Coast, both in English and French.
It has at least Three discos.. With great dancing.. I am talking GREAT dancing. Which makes for a really amazing really amazing night life. Not a hooker, sanky, tourist night life, but a resident and tourist night life (oh of course there are hookers and sankies but we all dance together!)
It has incredible restaurants, the best in the country as far as I am concerned.
It has the Waterfalls in Limon the next town over, where you can go to the top on mule back.
On the way over or back you can stop and swim in one of the natural pools.
It has two eco parks where you can be at one with nature.. sorta..
It has a snorkelling reef that you can swim to.
None of the beaches are private. You can just walk and sit anywhere, order a drink, stay the afternoon.

It has an amazing super market with lots of food imported from Europe.
It has genuine French bakeries.. with Fresh French bread and croissants.. and pasteries.

It has.or had, a Russian restaurant. And a Vietnamese Restuarant (do not know if they made it)

It has amazing Haitian art both in galleries and on the street. Some of the best that I have seen. Some of it just imported from Port au Prince.

It has some of the finest designs of jewelry that I have seen in the country.

So tell me again, what does Sosua have?

I know Caberte has windsurfing. I cannot windsurf. Windsurfing is really an extreme action sport. I would be wary to even swim where there are windsurfers unless I had fins and perhaps a FLAG on my snorkel.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
It is also easy to get to the Capital from LT.. on a direct bus that goes across one of the most beautiful drives that I have ever seen. Takes 3 hours, costs $10. So if you are on vacation and hit a patch of two or three days of rain, it is easy to get on the bus and come to the Capital and go to the movies, do malls and museums, that sort of thing. (and you know the island, rain in one place is not in the other)

Transport

and there is horse back riding as well

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
you won't make friends by calling them liars......

Against All Odds says they accept cards and others said the same earlier

I am not calling them liars. I am merely pointing out that on their web page, there is nowhere where they say that I can put that vacation on my credit card. There have been times in my life where I have NEEDED a vacation and have simply put it on my credit card. So I just want for them to post where it says that I can rent a villa with my MC, Visa or Amex.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
It is also easy to get to the Capital from LT.. on a direct bus that goes across one of the most beautiful drives that I have ever seen. Takes 3 hours, costs $10. So if you are on vacation and hit a patch of two or three days of rain, it is easy to get on the bus and come to the Capital and go to the movies, do malls and museums, that sort of thing. (and you know the island, rain in one place is not in the other)

and there is horse back riding as well

This isn't a competition. Unless you're after Finders Fees from all the realtors in town. That would certainly explain your four day LT rant and link posting binge.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
no, no finders fees. sorry about the rant. just that there are lots of folks who post about the rest of the north coast and few who post about LT which i think is a better investment. The transport from PoP to LT is not good. It would be great if it were better. That way folks could appreciate the entire North Coast.

I guess I only wanted to make sure that the OP saw LT

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
the other thing is that there are not many English posters from LT. Everyone else from the NC seems to say do not buy. Whereas most of the folks in LT were happy to have bought. LT steve bought but then left. I do not know if he got his money back or made a profit or lost. But this was simply about investment. And the fact that I do think that LT is now a good investment.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
when the US airlines start using el Catey LT will benefit

til then, a bit awkward to get to....POP and SDQ and STI

el Catey is the key to LT's future......IMO
thats why feew Americanos now..... Cdn flights,but just JetBlue - 2x week - for Yanks

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Let's keep this thread relative to Sosua and surrounding area please. Las Terranas is part of the North East Coast Forum.

Thanks.