Thinking of installing security cameras around our home.

GringoInParadise

May 19, 2015
What you fail to comprehend with your blinded view (No pun intended) is that with a good camera security system you can capture video of thieves coming and going as they rob either you or your neighbors. Just maybe the video will be enough to have them captured and/or subject to Dominican street justice.

33ncge9.jpg

A camera system on it's own, no matter how good the quality will rarely prevent anyone fro robbing your property. Not here, not anywhere. It's of such marginal benefit, you might as well go for one of the cheaper systems. The remote chance any system is ever going to be useful in helping to apprehend a burglar in the DR...com'n !!!. Could it happen..? Sure ! But once in a million. I have the "Rolls Royce" of camera systems. If I'd bought the system available in Pricemart, I never would have noticed the difference. That's what I said to the OP.

GringoInParadise

May 19, 2015
A US$12,000 system that doesn't record! Wow! They saw you coming! https://www.mydlink.com/content/productfamily

???. I don't know how to address this. Maybe English is not your first language, or perhaps reading is not your strong point. Nowhere did I say MY system does not record.

And yes, they did see me coming. I was the one that instructed my head of security in New York to source the very best money could buy at the time. I also had the company come instal it. It's probably something you can't quiet grasp, but I really don't care about minor expenditures like that.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
A camera system on it's own, no matter how good the quality will rarely prevent anyone fro robbing your property. Not here, not anywhere. It's of such marginal benefit, you might as well go for one of the cheaper systems. The remote chance any system is ever going to be useful in helping to apprehend a burglar in the DR...com'n !!!. Could it happen..? Sure ! But once in a million. I have the "Rolls Royce" of camera systems. If I'd bought the system available in Pricemart, I never would have noticed the difference. That's what I said to the OP.

I bought the Loran system at pricesmart with 1080 RESOLUTION and have it installed in the school. The resolution is good enough to tell which student did what to another student, and has been used twice to capture whose guilty in accidents at the intersection by the school. Cops also used it to ID a car thief. They won't keep all the thieves out but they do have uses. The ones I have at home allow me to ID anyone coming near my doors or windows.

TP666

Sep 6, 2005
The robbers wear masks. Save your money. Get 2 dogs not Pits. They will go with the robbers.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
maybe you should consult security company before doing any work. they should suggest the placement and type of cameras/sensors that will be best for you. you can buy those online and only pay for installation, it will be cheaper. what i can tell you is that installing proper system is not an easy job and can take even few days, depending on the type of work performed.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
???. I don't know how to address this. Maybe English is not your first language, or perhaps reading is not your strong point. Nowhere did I say MY system does not record.

And yes, they did see me coming. I was the one that instructed my head of security in New York to source the very best money could buy at the time. I also had the company come instal it. It's probably something you can't quiet grasp, but I really don't care about minor expenditures like that.

Are you related to "Ladybird"?

I suggest you leave your arrogance at the door, before it get's slammed in your face.

Don't bother replying, it will just get deleted.

Next...

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Mike,
Your comment about the Dobermans not barking is right....
The great biters or attackers never warn the target..... they just hit

Ours was fierce .......

New dog is 50% Cane Corso (Italian Mastiff), 25% each Boxer nad American bulldog..... large dog
and quiet....

Makes me think he'll attack well... just 14 months old , so starting to get confident....120+lbs

thats what i always love on the Dobis. 60 kilos/130l+lbs but nothing of a Fat Slow Doggie, just pure size and the ****ers are intelligent like hell. my wifey and family sure could not win a smartness test against the doggies, impossible.
they even know which pollo and chivo and pavo etc belongs to their soil, they would never touch any of 'em(yes, that educational process involved that more than once my slapping right hand Hurt like heck, after they laid down at the front door the rest of animals belonging to the family, the gifts loving Dogs bring to their beloved Boss, lol). i don't care shyt about stray chicken and alikes of neighbours, trespassing after sunset. sure we are all fine neighbours and we all recompense each others in a friendly natural way. you miss some Chivo here, you get some wild pork there etc. we are on a good rhytm and the doggies who reach their adulthood blend in very fine. not always perfectly, specially when friends can not drive home after some nice country BBQ and choose to use the wrong tree instead of the bathroom for a Pee at the dark time, but as usual in life, nothing is perfect, and some scraches do not kill a grown drunken Man. they are over all just 1 1/2 year old now, and show that they differ between a pure intruder or a person invited for the night(they get never presented to a invitational, as i would never present anyone, not even a fulltime neighour or friend, to my nightguards as "Family". you don't put things complicated, keep it simple: this is ME, the BOSS, this is WIFEY, the one who runs the Kittchen, this is Baby Daughter, the one who was sleeping with you when you been a Baby yourself, the rest of the world has no fukcing right to crawl around the place when the otha 3 are asleep. clear rules, easy for a Dobi, they do more or less fine. hey, every lil war has some small innocent victim portions into it, that's acceptable.

William, 120+lbs and 14 months, he should be confident by that age, help him to be so, push him to be so. a dog of that weight simply has to be teached how easy it is to take every human down with just one jump, and that's all it needs to make him a goo guard. mine don't bite, they just jump oin what they don't like to take it down, then they stand over it with very nice teeth shown right into the face, when moving the teeth move to the throat including the nice frightening noise of a pizzed off animal. i never teached such, i would not even know how to teach a dog such, but all the Dobies we had (always taking them in as puppies very shortly after birth) showed that very nice/practical behavior by instinct.
an other behavial thingy:
when Wifey calls them after dark, none would come. they stick to their actual comfy location in the bushes, of course the ears up and listening to every whistle or word, but not moving their butts up for a moment. when Daughter walks off the Veranda the same time, within seconds both are nearby, in their distance but just a few meters away, she is the one sleeping on their bellies when they been kiddens and she was a lil puppy, too. when the Wifey does a call en la matrugagda, well, then the bitches would stop what ever they do, even leave a cow alife, because she is the one who gives them their Food in the morning and walks them to the daytime cage. when we are not ourselves up in the hills, the family living there opens and closes the cage to let 'em out for night and lock them in for daytime with their food placed in the 2 cages, but when we are there ourselves they would not listen to a whistle of them. some insyincts i can't explain, but i guess it is finally just the simplest and easiest explanaition. they have us as the ones who demand and give orders, and they know where the food comes from when we are not near, so you dont eat the one who would also bring your food tomorrow and after...
i am in no way any expert with dogs of any kind/brand, but i always had some and they always came out to be very fine by what i wanted of them to be. how ever such may work, i couldn't tell.

Mike

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
rotties are also quiet. our ma launches herself at people without a single bark. we had workers a while ago, coming in every day. dogs were just napping in the sun, barely noticing them. but one of the workers got too close to the fence and ma leaped at him, pushing her head through the fence hole. she snapped her teeth maybe an inch from his arm. i think he might have peed himself. never again would anyone walk anywhere near the fence, ha ha ha

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
I bought the Loran system at pricesmart with 1080 RESOLUTION and have it installed in the school. The resolution is good enough to tell which student did what to another student, and has been used twice to capture whose guilty in accidents at the intersection by the school. Cops also used it to ID a car thief. They won't keep all the thieves out but they do have uses. The ones I have at home allow me to ID anyone coming near my doors or windows.

the one at the house is worth it's value if it is combined with further actions/features. like someone watching the scene on the screen and welcoming the burglar coming close to your door or window. if it just records that, but no watchy watching it or other preventive measure at place, then the only use of it would be to maybe after a burglary of your house to identify who took and sold your TV, looong gone after you maybe got him detained for a nigfht, to find out nothing to take from him, a few K's pesos spent on the police, burglar back home and happy with the 10K he got quickly for your 100K TV set.
i understand the point of Gringoinparadise, a recording system is helpful and worth a lot if it's recordings are monitored(watched by a watching human eye) 24/7. otherwise it is just a meybe-help to the cops to catch a thief who already at that time passed your belongings on to an other and an other, means YOU just pay for the "Investigators" a extra but sure get nothing of your valuables back. to leave the housedoor wide open without any camera installed or watchy paid or dog food purchased or such would have saved you money, over the decades a lot of money, in such case just count on 1 TV and a few thousand pesos in the house and a DVD recorder, a Playstation and some salami from the fridge taken away form you, every decade once or so. it costs what? the same as a unmonitored camera system installed, just that you have to pay for the camera system, too.
equipment for investigational purposes is one thing, but what is it worth to YOU in a country where just the well connected ones get their "investigated" missing shyt back at hand, undamaged, not mising a piece?? right, NOTHING. you need to protect your home in a way which prevents as good as possible, that NOBODY enters your home without Your permission, and such is ZERO done by installing a Camera System.

Mike

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
rotties are also quiet. our ma launches herself at people without a single bark. we had workers a while ago, coming in every day. dogs were just napping in the sun, barely noticing them. but one of the workers got too close to the fence and ma leaped at him, pushing her head through the fence hole. she snapped her teeth maybe an inch from his arm. i think he might have peed himself. never again would anyone walk anywhere near the fence, ha ha ha

Rotties are fantastic, they are specially perfect when you guard a homke with family/children. they are great doggies with children. as usual, breed them TOGETHER with the family, thats a keypoint for most/all? breeds.
Rotties are for a family inho much better than Dobies, the Dobies under the line accept one Boss, the Rottie accepts a family.

Mike

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Where did you get that dash cam and do you mind sharing the model etc? Has a great picture!!

I got one but like the idiot I am it is not compatible with Mac and I didn't check that part!!

whats your reason to use a Mac, harley??
they are great to use for compu designers and alikes, but if you did not even check compability of a cam with your compu system, well, so i guess you are not a compu savvy, as such you shopuld not have a Mac at all, lol.
no offense, just curious how people pick da system to use.

Mike

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
nyc jails are installing cameras/////everywhere.... goota lov em 2 years ago a man broke into a house in jersey beat a woman and robbed her....nanny cams . bingo the neighbors all chipped in and 10k$reward for capture.......not arrestr and conviction....capture,,,,,,he was caught in less than 24hrs.... family probably turned him in...

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
in fact i think my new "housekeeper" is pilfering things''''' can i put a nanny cam in the hall bathroom... i think im missing a couple rolls of paper and shampoo ,swabs,, and bar soaps...

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
I had a bunch of these installed around my house. As soon as one detects a movement, it starts moving and a red LED flashes. Only 9-10 bucks each.

Can't be the price, and it is just as much a deterrent as the real McCoy.

416Wh0DA%2BhL.jpg

anymore info on these i like em nothing came up but the picture of camera

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
and of course a driveway front entrance monitor,,,,someone walks past a bell inside

whats your reason to use a Mac, harley??
they are great to use for compu designers and alikes, but if you did not even check compability of a cam with your compu system, well, so i guess you are not a compu savvy, as such you shopuld not have a Mac at all, lol.
no offense, just curious how people pick da system to use.

Mike

I usually always check compatibility with the Mac, this thing I didn't.

I used to be all PC, till I met my wife and she had one then I bought one and have never gone back. PC's make me want to throw them in the water! I find using Mac a lot less stressful and the wife sometimes uses mine for her music stuff or movie editing when she is doing other stuff on hers.
I don't need one, but I really like them!!